Options To Treat Asymmetric Uneven Eyebrows and Sometimes Eyelid? (photo)

Hi, I am wondering what options I have for my uneven eyebrows. My left eyebrow is a lot higher than my right eyebrow, and when I'm tired my right eyebrow tends to droop even more. The reason why it bothers me is because it completely changes my facial expressions. I have tried stimulating the muscles, massages, make-up etc but its not helping. Thank u in advance!

Uneven brows--just "you" or a problem?

We all are somewhat asymmetric and there are not really any exercises or maneuvers that can improve your brow asymmetry. However, sometimes we can 'tweak" the brow muscles with Botox to get them more even.

You also might have a mild upper lid droop (ptosis) that causes one brow to be higher than the other (due to a complicated nerve pathway). Best to be examined by a physician who can make this determination.

Uneven brows--just "you" or a problem?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Brow asymmetry

Thanks for the great question. Most people have some degree of brow asymmetry which is normal. There are a few different options to help make the brows more symmetrical. The first is by using a neurotoxin such as botox. This can be injected to hep even up the eye brows. The next option would be fillers. Fillers can be placed beneath the brow to create a subtle lift to the brow. The final option would be to have a brow lift. This is the most invasive but also the most permanent of all of these options. It's difficult to tell what exactly you might need without seeing you in person. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

Brow asymmetry

~Dr. Sieber

Symmetry

We can lift the brow that is ptotic. That is not an issue at all.

Another thing to consider is a little bit of botox on that side to see if you can accomplish the results you are looking for with that. 

We would paralyze the orbicularis and corrugator muscles in that area which the main depressors.

Important points that need to be delineated during a consultation are the degree of asymmetry and the muscle function. In my hands surgery is probably the most successful for this.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Symmetry

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Asymmetry

Eyebrow asymmetry can be traced to a number of causes, from prior trauma (or surgery), neuromodulator injections, or underlying asymmetry in the craniofacial skeleton. All humans have some degree of asymmetry in our faces, but if has become bothersome to you, I would recommend and evaluation by an expert in facial analysis to take into account your complete facial structure. There are a number of treatments that may be beneficial for an asymmetric brow, from injections of dermal fillers or neuromodulators, such as Botox, to surgical procedures including ptosis repair, blepharoplasty, or a number of various browlifting procedures.

Daniel J. Liebertz, MD
Kirkland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Asymmetry

Daniel J. Liebertz, MD
Kirkland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow asymmetry

Eyebrow asymmetry can be a sign of other facial asymmetries such as upper eyelid ptosis, excess upper eyelid skin, or even botox injections.  To be able to evaluate what is causing the eyebrow you must evaluate the face as a whole.  Techniques to lift the brow include botox injections (even fillers), and endoscopic or open brow lifts.

Eyebrow asymmetry

Uneven Brows or lids?

I would obtain an evaluation by an eyelid or facial expert who can help you determine the cause of the uneven nature of your brows. We all have minor asymmetry on each side of our face (one side is shorter and one side is longer) and can have a tendency to have a tired appearance later in the day. I thorough review of photos and symptoms can rule out any systemic causes of droopiness as well prior to attributing your issues entirely to asyemmetry.

Uneven Brows or lids?

Uneven asymmetry options

Asymmetry in your brows can be cause by uneven amount of skin or by the uneven force of the musculature in the periorbital area or both. It is important to evaluate all possibilities to corrected. Botox will work temporarily to correct the muscular problem and surgery of course will be much more long lasting result

Uneven asymmetry options

#Uneven #eyebrows can be treated with #browlift or #botox

Thank you for your photos.  It does appear that you have some assymmetry.  One onon-invasive option would be to perform botox injection around your eye to the lower side.  this would allow the muscle of your forehead to pull unopposed and rise higher.  Another, more permanent option, would be to perform a one-sided browlift on the lower side.  Best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Assymetrical brow lift

The best option is to treat the lower brow with Botox at it's connection to the glabella and at it's lateral crow's foot region releiving the pull down affect from those muscles.  This will "float" the lower brow closer to symmetry with the higher one.  It will significantly help but you will still likely be slightly asymmetric.  Asymmetric surgical treatments typically wouldn't get the job done so in a young woman like yourself I would remain conservative and go with just Botox for now until you are comfortable with the results.

Assymetrical brow lift

Options to treat asymmetrical eyebrows

Options to treat asymmetrical eyebrows include Botox to paralyze a hyperdynamic side were the eyebrows are raised too much. Fillers will have no use in this area. Its best to try Botox before considering any unilateral  surgical brow lift at this point

Options to treat asymmetrical eyebrows