I have a very skinny, gaunt face. How do I gain facial fat? (Photo)

as you see, hallows in my cheek, the lower part of my face overall looks very thin how can i gain facial fat?

Doctor Answers 3

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest starting sculptra injections and/or other fillers.  IF you are fit you will always have a thinner face and fillers can help to fill this out without having to compromise your body / health.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Gaunt face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Facial fillers might be the best way to start. Fat transfer is another consideration as well as submalar implants.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a very skinny gaunt face. How do I gain facial fat?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question. Based on the photo you have provided you appear to be an excellent candidate for dermal fillers and, potentially, fat grafting. I recommend trying a dermal filler first such as Restylane Lyft, Juvederm Voluma or even Radiesse to add volume to your midface. If you are happy with the results, you may want to consider the more permanent option of fat grafting. Fat grafting is a procedure that involves harvesting fat from a donor site such as the abdomen or inner thighs, purifying the fat cells, and then injecting the fat into the desired location on the face. Approximately 50% of the fat injected remains permanently. However, I strongly recommend starting with dermal fillers and considering fat transfer at a later date. Best of luck.  

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 73 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.