Can I undergo laser hair removal whilst on acne medication/epiduo?

Hi, im going in for my second laser hair removal treatment on the facial area, is it okay to do this whilst using a cream medication (Epiduo ) on my face ? I use the cream every night and it eventually causes the skin to peel but has not yet done so as i have only been using it for a week, i dont want to stop using it as it would undo any progress and would mean i must start all over. So my question is, is it okay to undergo laser while taking this med ? Thankyou

Laser hair removal on a Retin A derivative

The skin becomes more sensitive to the laser while on Retin A. Most docs will say to discontinue use of this 3 days prior to the laser. Since you have just started it, it is best to stop prior to treatments. Sometimes with long term users, I will allow them to continue it because their skin has grown accustom to the cream.

You don't have to start over!

Epiduo can increase sun sensitivity, but isn't contraindicated for laser treatment. I would consult with your Dr if you're concerned. Best, Dr. Emer