Why aren't my 700 cc implants big enough? (Photo)

I am 2 weeks post op with 700 cc Smooth Round Ultra HP under the muscle plus a Benelli lift. I was a small A cup before my surgery. I've been super sad about my results so far :( I don't see much difference, they look so far apart and so flat.

Breast lift with implants

Having had implants myself, I know how tempting it is to stand in front of the mirror and critique your result for hours in the early post op period, however, having placed implants in thousands of breasts I can assure you this is a complete waste of time and energy until you are at least 3 months out from surgery.  You can comfort yourself by understanding your breast look NOTHING like how they will look at 3 months.  Everything is swollen which pushes the breasts out and flattens them. They need to drop and fluff.  Also, I highly doubt anyone could have placed anything larger than a 700cc implant at your initial augmentation.   Please step away from the mirror.  Concentrate on scar therapy for your Benelli scars as that is the only thing that needs your attention right now. Trust me, there is no way you won't look significantly different with. 700cc implants, you just have to wait three months.  There is no way to speed the process. I hope this helps. Don't agonize and waste that energy. 

Are 700cc implant large enough?

It is best not to get stressed out so early in the healing period. As expected, your skin and surrounding tissues are tight around the implant and they will accommodate the change over time. Once that happens, the shape and size will look better. Please wait 3 months before forming an opinion and don't stress yourself out unnecessarily. Speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns. You obviously trust him/her enough to have allowed them to do the surgery. Now trust him/her to guide you through the rest of the process. Good luck.

Raj Ambay, MD

Why aren't my 700 cc implants big enough?

A few things. Why no before posted photos? You must realize you are barrel chest shape so even large implants are 'swallowed up' by the chest wall anatomy. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions to discuss possible options. I am thinking fat grafting or use of the BRAVA system... 

700cc implants

You are very early in your post-op course. It will take a few months to reach a more stable result. because you started so small and placed such large implants, that will mean a slightly longer time to reach that point.Be patient and give the skin time to accomodate the new volume.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Why are 700 cc breast implants not big enough?

You are very early in your recovery after your breast augmentation with lift and 700 cc breast implants.  At this early stage your breast implants are spread out over your chest wall and look much different than they well after the next 6-12 weeks.  As your tissues stretch and relax and the final breast shape becomes apparent I predict you will be much happier with your result.

700 too small

Since you are only 2 weeks post op give it some time to settle down.This is a large implant.also remember that your surgeon can not put a gallon of milk into a quart container so just be patient.massage and let it settle down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon