I Am Aged 14 with Double D Sized Breasts, I Wish to reduceThem to a Size B with Pills is This the Right Thing to Do?

I am a dancer, and my boobs aggravate me A LOT. I completely detest my boobs, and I want more than anything to get rid of them. they are a huge discomfort to me and look really odd on my model size 6 body. This is also another problem, I want to go into modeling and my boobs are stopping me from doing this. I would use alexia breast reduction pills, I am wondering at my age can i take them? I don't think it would harm me but I want to be sure PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some answers, thank you x

Doctor Answers 8

A pill for reducing breast size?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I wish I had a magic wand, but the chances of that happening are about as great as a "breast reduction pill" working!  Don't waste your time or money. If you truly have breast hypertrophy (breasts too large for your body), then please consider an actual breast reduction.  See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of PLASTIC Surgery.  Best wishes!

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Breast Reduction Candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Breast reduction pills do not have science behind them, and is not worth the money.

There is not an age limit for breast reduction surgery. It is best to wait at least 1 year from the time that your breast finishes growing. This will allow for optimal correction, and minimizes the possibility that you need a 2nd surgery soon afterwards. In addition to being a candidate, you will need to be able to have parental consent and provide informed consent (or have your parent's provide informed consent on your behalf). When you are ready, consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Breasts Reduction with Pills?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

I would not recommend your plan of action.  I think you need to be  seen in consultation by your primary care physician to discuss the safety  and efficacy issues associated with the medication you mentioned. A few years from now you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery.

Best wishes.

Breast reduction pills

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Not a good idea.  If your growth is stable, then consult with a plastic surgeon about breast reduction.  Be aware that large breasts can come back with pregnancy and weight gain so this most likely will not be a one time/forever fix.  Properly done, you should get a good twenty years out of your surgery, especially if you remain as healthy and active as you are now.  Also be aware that you will have scars, and that how well you scar is at least partly genetic, and that you may not be able to breast feed later.  Having been the hole in your donut,let me point out that  my patients who want breast reduction are just as thrilled by their results as my patients who want augmentation, so do your homework and go with a reputable plastic surgeon, then enjoy!

Eleanor J. Barone, MD
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Double D breasts in teenagers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Some girls do develop earlier than others and it can be very embarrasing, humiliating and unfairly picked on by your peers. Unfortunately there are no pills on the market which selectively reduce the breast size. At you age, the breasts are very glandular with minimal fat, so liposuction will not give you significant improvement either. The only option you have is a breast reduction (since you are a minor, your parents have to agree and sign for this surgery). You are not yet fully developed, so you can expect further growth in your breasts. After age 16, most women will not have significant enlargement. I've done breast reductions in a few 14-15 year olds with good results and minimal postoperative hypertrophy. This is of course not a guarantee, and you might need another reduction later in life. Don't waste your money and hopes on pills, see a board certified plastic surgeon who can give you real results. Good luck. 

Breast reduction with pills

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have never heard of any pill that will help reduce the size of the breasts.   I suppose weight loss meds if you are morbidly obese may help you lose fat if the breasts are fatty.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Pills to reduce breast size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The pill you  mention, Alexia, is a dietary supplement that includes 'natural' ingredients and green tea which claims to reduce the fat selectively in the breast. It is true that low body fat and exercise will slow breast growth or reduce the size of the breast, though the pills are unproven. Talk to your pediatrician before you take the herbal medication.

Best of luck,


Peter E. Johnson, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

CLICK BELOW FOR LIPO BREAST REDUCTION VIDEO: Large & painful breasts in 14 yr old: An option

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is not a medically recommended treatment and I would first consult with your pediatrician and possibly and endocrinologist to make sure your growth has stablilized and if there are no other medically treatable solutions for your problem. Liposuction may provide you with some temporary relief with minimal scars but is not capable of producing major reductions in size nor of lifting a ptotic breast. However, it may provide you with some relief at this time. After discussing this with your primary care physician consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.