After pregnancy, should I do fraxel or roaccutane first or second?

I would like to know a good time line where I don't have to wait too long to restore myself to what I was. hormones in pregnancy have taken such a toll on me and undone some previous roaccutane treatment and laser treatment also. How long to wait and which one should come first? Fraxel or Roaccutane ? Im looking for a major recovery and a very permanent one. I don't plan on being pregnant again either.

Acne and laser treatments

If you still have acne flares it is best to treat your acne and get this under control first. After your acne is not an issue I would pursue your Fraxel treatment and improve the texture and scars on your face. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Fraxel. 

Laser or Isotretinoin?

I typically recommend that patients treat their acne first prior to laser.  Fraxel Laser can actually cause a flare of acne. You might be best served by completing a course of isotretinoin and then waiting 6 months prior to being treated with the non-ablative Fraxel Restore laser.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon