After 6 Months of an Eyebrow Transplant

Hello Dr. 6 months ago I had an eyebrow transplant, the Dr said that he will Putted me 225 grafts in both eyebrows, but now I have 6 months after the procedure and I have only 67 and 56 new hairs in my eyebrows. I do not know what to do.

After 6 months of eyebrow transplant

The eyebrows should respond to the transplant. There are many reasons why the transplant may not take. Do not rush into another procedure as the growth may take 3 to 6 months. At this time, more grafts may be required.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Be a little more patient

Hi 4660anoncc

Appreciate your question and your concerns, however you would usually need to wait 12-18 months before you see the full effect of your transplant. You could also try PRP - this treatment for hair rejuvenation involves the injection of a patient’s own plasma and growth factors in to the to improve hair density and the acceleration of hair growth in order to improve the appearance of hair thickness and condition.

However if you are worried - return your surgeon and discuss this with him. 

Good luck with your outcome and I hope it exceeds your expectations.

It may take 6 to 12 months to see results after a hair transplant surgery.

It may take 6 to 12 months to see results after a hair transplant surgery.  If you don't see growth or have concerns you should follow up with your doctor for a recheck.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

New Hair Growth and Eyebrow Transplant Surgery

Since you are only six months post surgery, there may be more potential growth. New hair growth usually maxes out at a year and will continue to mature and thicken for up to a year and a half after the eyebrow transplant. Consult with your surgeon for what to expect in the next six months, as wells as to see if there were any complications for only one-fourth of new hair growth from the grafts.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplant

HI. We do alot of eyebrow transplants in our practice. Its one of the most rewarding cases we do. We have seen people whose eyebrow do not grow till a full year after the transplant. At this point, I would just wait. Give it time. We have found that the use of Latisse can accelerate this dormant phase. I usually have my eyebrow patients follow up every few months. Please call your surgeon and follow up with him/her. I'm sure you are in good hands.

Sincerely

Dr Behnam

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Results of Eyebrow Transplants

Transplants for sparse eyebrows is usually a successful, reiable procedure. Wait another 3-4 months before deciding whether or not you want more grafts. Your surgeon should help determine if you achieved less than appropriate results.

Poor growth of eyebrow hair transplants.

Discuss this with your surgeon as to why the poor growth. He may be willing to do more grafts for nothing.

Eyebrow Transplant

It can take up to a full year to see your end results.  Some of the follicles may still be dormant.  Have patience, and reevaluate your results at a year.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Second eyebrow transplant

I would think that by 9 months no more hairs will grow and a second transplant will be needed. Perhaps see another doctor. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Growth after eyebrow transplantation

If looks as if it has been nearly 2 years since you asked this question. Hopefully by now, the hairs have grown in.  You have given the follicles enough time to grow and produce hairs.  If you have not, please check in with your hair transplantation surgeon.  He/she wants you to be happy and will do what they can to help.  Take good care.

Allan J. Parungao, MD