Breast Implants on naturally large breasts (photo)

I am naturally a 34DD and would like larger breasts. I like the look of XL breasts and I am wondering if I can achieve this without a lift? I have not found much information on breast implants in women with naturally larger breasts. I am currently 32 years old.

Breast Implants on naturally large breasts?

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “DD cup or extra large”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to XL breast augmentation) helps.

Small implants for naturally large breasts

Women do not like breast lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with traditional techniques. For that reason, a new technique was developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants. However, if you want implants, they can be done simultaneously. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants can be placed in naturally large breasts

From your photo, it appears as though you can get a very nice result from breast implants.  You do not have a lot of sagginess from your large breasts, so you will most likely not need a lift.  The implants can be placed under or over the muscles.  For size, I have my patient bring in photos of breasts that they like and I have them place implant samples in their bra to get an idea of the size they would like.  The web page listed below includes photos of women with breasts your size who have gone bigger.  Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber

34 DD Breast Augmentation

A breast augmentation can be performed on any breast size. A breast lift would be necessary for breast ptosis, droopy breasts. 

To dianose breast ptosis, one needs a physical examination. Your frontal view pictures with your arms elevated do not give enought information.

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best Wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Be careful to get the large breast implants that you wish for

Thank you for your question and photograph.  You have very natural normal attractive looking breasts.  While breast augmentation is certainly possible I would urge you to be cautious because surgically modifying very large fold normal looking breasts can distort your natural shape.  I urge you to consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who have an excellent reputation in your community.

Dr. Kayser

You are dealing with two differnt issues: 1) breast position and 2) breast volume. Based on your photos your breast position seems only mildly ptotic (droopy) and will likely accomodate an implant without necessitating a lift. However, it is possible that the implant may not perfectly "sit" in a location that is right for your breast, i.e., it may stay too high. I would consider another alternative for you - fat grafting, which is using your own body's fat and transferring it to your breast. These grafts, which are like millions of little "seeds" would be "planted" through out your entire breast and, unlike an implant that would have a specific pocket, would (once integrated) permanently inhabit all of your breast in the most natural way possible! Fat is lighter than an implant and, again, once it becomes part of your breast will likely never have to be removed (unlike an imlant that most likely will). The scars are also so small that they will virtually become invisible over time. Hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Large breasts augmentation

Dear CandiePop,
   Thanks for submitting your picture. From your pictures you do not appear to be a DD size but rather C or full C. Victoria secret Co make the cups smaller so to give the impression of a bigger size. You lift up your arms in the picture,  which lifts up the breasts as well and does not give the true impression of droopiness. That is important for the decision of doing or not doing mini lift procedure. Best is to resubmit the picture in neutral position  + side view, in order to get the right recommendation. As far as size, you can easily go bigger 1 - 2 sizes. If your chest circumference is indeed 34 inches, you will need 300cc implants for 2 size increase. Consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons and check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
                                Dr Widder

Augmenting large breasts

I have a large experience with augmenting breasts of all sizes. I am confident you do not need a lift because your infra-mammary line is bellow your nipple areola complex. Some call this passing "the pencil" test. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a thousand augmentations, or more, and who has privileges to do this operation at a local hospital, and you will do well. All surgeries carry risk so choose wisely.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Implants in already large breasts

Hi Candypop. The answer is that you can. You can go any size under or over the muscle. Having said that, you have great looking breasts. Don't mess with perfection. You will love your new bigger breasts, but not for long as they will probably start to droop earlier than they would otherwise. If you are going to get pregnant definitely wait a while.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with naturally large breasts

I typically would not recommend adding breast implants if you are already a 34 DD in terms of size, but each patient has unique and different goals.   It can be done, and if you choose to add implantsI would recommend staying with a conservative size.  If you select a larger size implant, there is a high probability at some point you will have "symptoms" from your breasts as any female can get with large breasts which may include: back, neck and shoulder pain, deep "bra strap" grooves, difficulty to exercise, and of course difficulty in finding clothing that fits properly.  Adding an implant alone will probably not give you the lasting upper pole fullness you likely desire over time. Any implant will not "lift" the breasts.  Breast implants pretty much do one thing...make you bigger.   Make sure that is your goal before doing the surgery.    These are important things to discuss with your plastic surgeon.  The good news is that if you decide to have implants and you are unhappy, you can always get them removed if you are unhappy.  I hope this helps..