Liposculpture for Asymmetrical Breasts?

I have one breast that is about 1 to 1.5 cup size larger depending on the time of the month than the other smaller and perkier one. Can Liposculpture reduce the size, tighten, and raise slightly about 1/2 inch?

Liposculpture for Asymmetrical Breasts?

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Breast asymmetry options

Thank you for your question. Breast asymmetry is very common, particularly size asymmetry. If you are looking to decrease the asymmetry from one breast to another, then you have several options.
1) You can reduce the larger breast with liposuction or a traditional breast reduction technique
2) You can enlarge the smaller one with fat grafting or an implant
3) You can enlarge both but use different size implants
4) A lift procedure may also be needed to help address differences in shape, nipple position and areolar size.
I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options in more detail.

Liposculpture for reducing breast size.

In general , the younger you are and the firmer your breast tissue is, the less liposuction or liposculpture will be able to reduce the size. The fattier the breast is, then the better chance to reduce it.  Be examined in=person by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is an excellent method of breast reduction

Smartlipo liposculpture is an excellent method of breast reduction for one or both breasts. It is not a good method for raising the nipple-areola complex, but it will reduce breast size and reduce drooping.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Liposuction for the breasts

Liposuction is a popular and effective technique to recontour the body. If you have a small difference between your breasts, liposuction may be a solution. Let the suction to the worst works best on the outer edges of the breast. If you're asymmetry is in the central portion of the breast you may be better served by receiving a breast lift procedure. These can often be done through minimal and non-conspicuous incisions around the areola.

Liposuction for breast asymmetry may help

Liposuction for breast asymmetry can be helpful if your skin has good tone (no stretch marks and fairly elastic) and you do not need repositioning of the nipple. If you already have verticle nipple position asymmetry with the opposite breast then you may actually be happier with a very slight surgical excisional reduction and "lift" of the nipple. This can also be done with only minor scarring. Liposuction is effective if you have very soft, fatty tissue of the breast for reducing the volume, and no nipple placement asymmetry. Also you need to have some screening studies to ensure that your breast asymmetry is not something more serious before you decide to have a symmetry procedure performed.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to correct breast asymmetry

To be an ideal candidate for breast reduction by liposuction alone, you have to have good skin quality and minimal sagging. Since liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten around the affected area, the breasts actually lift a little bit and there is virtually no scarring. It can be a quick and effective way of correcting breast asymmetry. Liposuction reduction may even prevent sagging from ever occuring if done in younger patients.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Liposculpture correction of breast asymmetry

You need to very careful when you liposuction a breast. The contraction of the skin is unpredictable and can lead to "emptying a sack" and getting more drooping. My guess is that you would probably need a bit of a lift once everything is healed from the liposutioning. Be aware that you may need a second procedure with associated scarring of a breast lift. Alternatively you could have a breast augmentation on the smaller side or a traditional or modified breast redution on the larger side.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast asymmetry

As Dr. Aldea nicely stated, liposculpture is just a conceited way of describing liposuction to make it sound more elegant and better. The procedure you are proposing might give you better but not perfect symmetry if your breast is more fatty than breast tssue and if your nipples doesn't need to move up much and if your skin doesn't have stretch marks and might therefore shrink adequately. There is a strong possibility though that what you really need is a lift and minor reduction to get the result that is best. Check with a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can do both procedures and help you figure out the best plan.

Liposculpture for asymmetrical breasts

Liposculpture is a trade name of Sound Surgical, the company producing the VASER liposuction machine. (Although, I use and like the VASER , I find this use amusing and I must confess that it always sounds way too pompously delicious to hear a Doctor 90210 TV participant say with a raised chin and barely opened mouth: "Sorry, I do not l i p o s u c t i o n, my dear. . (pause) I l i p o s c u l p t u r r r r e ...")

Liposuction removes fat. It will not shrink skin. If your larger breast is larger because it has more fat (not more gland) tissue, some VASER liposuction will reduce the larger breast and it MAY go up a bit because it has less weight. However, it is unlikely to significantly tighten the breast skin.

I would recommend you obtain a mammogram BEFORE such liposuction. The procedure will cause some scarring of the breast. If in future years you undergo a mammogram, it would be VERY helpful to see how you un-operated breasts looked like.

Good Luck.