Orgasm at 1 week post op submuscular breast augmentation okay?

I'm one week post op from my submuscular breast aug. I know I'm not suppose to exercise or bounce for about 3 weeks, but I'm curious if raising my heart rate by orgasming (alone) is okay if I'm not bouncing or moving around too much??

Post breast augmentation activity

Thank you for your question.  The most important thing following a breast augmentation is to limit your activity level specially involving the arms and chest muscles.  This will reduce the possibility of bleeding and forming a  hematoma.  Certainly  no vigorous activity should be performed using the breasts themselves.  However simple heart rate elevation from a self induced orgasm should not post too much of a risk.

Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Orgasm ok.

Thanks for this important question. I don't believe having a self induced orgasm will jeopardize your breast augmentation results. Always try to maintain a low hear rate if possible. Best, DR. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Orgasm unlikely to cause problems postoperatively

• It would be quite unlikely that elevation of your heart rate will have much if any impact on your breast augmentation.
  • Being gentle with your breasts after surgery for up to 6 wks is probably the best advice, but speak to your surgeon if you have any questions. Too vigorous handling has caused a hematoma in one pt at 3 weeks.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt strives to be the best plastic surgeon.  He is one of very few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top 5-star rating on Realself, RateMD, and Ontario Doctor Review.  He is an Assistant Clinical Professor and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for McMaster University.  He serves patients from the GTA including Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific instructions in regards to returning to activities. Generally speaking, best  to limit strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks after breast   augmentation surgery, assuming you are doing well and there have been no complications.  Care should be taken during the first one to two weeks after surgery not to allow for elevation of heart rate, blood pressure, and/or direct trauma/contact to the chest wall. Again, generally speaking, most my patients are able to return to lower body exercise at the 1 to 2 week post operative mark, wait to lift/run for about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. 

Again, address your specific questions/concerns to your plastic surgeon, who knows your situation best, and is ultimately responsible for your care. Best wishes.