650cc Breast Implants? Am I Crazy? (photo)

Hi! I'm approx. an A cup...5'8 135lbs. My PS sd I should get 475ccs, but when I tried on the sizers I felt as if 600ccs looked perfect! So I called them up & chose 650ccs just because I want big. Just between natural & unnatural. I keep thinking about it & look at forums..some say 650cc looks great..others say it's HUGE & not to do that lg. I don't want to get my implants & wish I would have gone bigger. What do you think? What's the max for my size? Will I look freakishly too lg? Help!?!!???!

Very Large breast Implants

I don't use breast implants that large in my practice. The result does not look natural and large heavy implants can create a lot of problems long term and short term.

I don't try to convince my patients to go smaller, I simply suggest they select another doctor. Before taking the plunge, you may want you use some insert in to a bra to get a little bit of an experience of what you'd be experiencing. Of course this is nothing like the real thing. But finding clotting to fit properly, getting a massage or even sleeping on to stomach could prove to be uncomfortable. 

In my opinion, great plastic surgery doesn't look like surgery. Ideally, once the recovery process is finished, people forget about the surgery. the result should make life easier. It makes it easier to fin flattering clothing if having body surgery.

If you are set in implants this size, be sure to see lots of photos, ask your platic surgeon about complications and sea to several other women who have had implants this size for a year or more to get their feedback

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

650 may or may not be too big

Sizing is not determined by volume. 650 cc can be way too big on one patient and not big enough on another.

The key factors

width of your chest, a wider chest will need a larger implant

your desired size, that determines projection

your skin envelope, pinch and looseness. If too tight a larger implant will not fit.

In addition a gel implant of the same size "seems" smaller than saline of the same size by 10%. I dont know why, perhaps hydraulic compressibility.

Proportion is key. Try the implant on in clothing too. Dried rice in a baggy helps. 650 cc is about 22 ounces of dried rice.

If you want size but dont want too much superior fullness or an unnatural look consider the teardrop cohesive gel implants, like the Mentor CPG or Allergan 410. They look more natural for the same size.

Implant Selecton Process

Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant Size Selection to achieve your goals

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Large #BreastImplants

650 cc is a large implant, but there is no way to ensure what your final outcome will be with any particular implant. Make sure to have a discussion with your surgeon so that he/she understand your ultimate cosmetic goals. Pictures are often helpful to communicate. Then you have to trust your surgeon to get you to the endpoint with intraoperative sizing. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Large implants

A 650cc implant is a large implant by any standard, and is very large for someone with a small frame.  That doesn't mean that it can't be done, you just need to know the consequences.  The recovery will be quite long and you will have a lot of discomfort from an implant that size.  Also, you will irreversibly cause tissue damage to your breasts.  Women who select smaller implants tend to have fewer long term problems and are happier overall.

Dennis Dass, MD

650 ml implants?!?

All plastic surgeons want their patients to be happy the moment that we complete surgery and hopefully ten years after surgery.  Heavy large implants over time can stretch and thin the breast tissue making them more visible and difficult for revision surgery.  So choosing the "correct" size implant is probably the most important thing to do with the guidance of your surgeon.  I think sizing before surgery is important but does not  guarantee a result.  We have also been working with Crisalix, a 3D breast simulation model in our office.  We take a picture of the patient and then we can modify it to see what the patient may look like after surgery.  You can "try" on different implant sizes by pressing a button. I always tell patients that this is for fun and may give a rough idea but is again, not an absolute guarantee.  Regardless, you should be careful about a large implant size on a smaller frame.  Please continue to spend preop time with your board certified plastic surgeon for the best results.  My best to you.

650cc breast implants are considered large

Thank you for your question.  The best way to determine the right size implant for your is based on your tissue measurements-what is your existing breast width, how stretch is your tissue, how thick, etc.  These measurements give the plastic surgeon a way to determine the best size implant for you.  We know that implants can have negative effects on breast tissues and the key to a successful augmentation is to balance the size of the implant with the impact on the tissues. Assuming that a 650cc implant does not really fit you, which it probably does not, we have to also assume that this large implant will have a negative impact on your tissues over time such as excessive stretch and others.  Your plastic surgeon will advise you about the tradeoffs of selecting an overly large implant.  In my practice, for most patients, 650cc is an overly large implant.  It is very common for patients to think they should have chosen a larger implant.  This is usually not because they did not select the right size implant, but because the postop swelling contributes to the size initially and when this swelling resolves and the implant settles, the size appears slightly smaller.  One cannot chase postop swelling with larger implants.  In other words, no matter what size implant you have, you will always have swelling that resolves, and a larger implant will change this.  Hope this helps. 

Tracy Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

650cc Breast Implants? Am I Crazy?

There is no way to give you an accurate recommendation on size.  We do not know your chest measurements.  You need to be examined to find out if skin and muscle (if you are going under the muscle), will stretch enough to accomodate 650cc implants.  Finally, you did not mention what profile implants you want or that your PS recommended.  There is a big differece in dimensions and projection between a moderate profile 650cc implant and a high profile 475cc implant.

Finally, sizers in your bra are very inaccurate in determinaing an appropriate size.  I would recommend showing your PS pictures of what you desire and follow their recommendation.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

No way ANY of us can advise without a frontal nude posted photo. Or seek additional IN PERSON opinions in your area/city.