400cc to 500cc High Profile Silicone Implant - Too Big?

Had some doctor ask for more info on current implant from the site.I have 270cc filled to 300 and a 300 filled to 350cc saline.I am revising my breast due to 2 pregnancy and my nipples have shifted down.I am going to go a little larger and switching over to silicone and not sure on sizing.I will be having a lift, 5ft-120 pounds, 33.5 rib cage. Nurse said 425cc high profile would fit just fine on me but would it be enough in size to big.Cup size now 34D with some extra weight from pregnancy.

Thank you for the question. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Also keep in mind that there is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Furthermore, there is no accurate/reliable "conversion" factor when it comes to exchanging saline to silicone gel breast implants.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast implant revision augmentation and going larger

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Implant volume

The best size for you is something discussed during a consultation and exam. It is very difficult to assess what would be best for you without the exam.

Breast augmentation

the size will depend on you and your preferences.  the potential problems with larger implants have to do with tissue coverage and rippling, etc.  these may present themselves inthe future.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Avoid larger breast implants.

Hi.

What's going to make you look better is a good breast lift.  You don't want to be larger than a D cup.  Very big implants age badly and stretch your tissues.  350 cc's sounds good for you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Revision Surgery after Pregnancy

It is impossible to tell that without any photos and knowing how much room you have and the quality of your skin.  Also what it does sound like is that you need a lift from your description.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

A bigger implant is not the solution for droopy breasts

You mentioned that your your nipples have 'shifted down' after pregnancy- I would bet that you probably need a breast lift- a larger implant is going to push your nipple position even lower, and will look worse.

Can't answer your question

The only way to even give you any answer is with a photo of you.  There is just no way with the numbers to tell if this will be too big for you as it all depends on what you look like and what you want to look like.  Also,