I'm 28 and my Face Looks Like It's Melting What Should I Do? (photo)

Can I do exercises? Do I need fillers? Why is it doing this? It seems like it happened all of a sudden

Doctor Answers 6

No, you are not melting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

No, You are not melting. However, you have lost some volume. Have you lost weight? Do you have an overbite? Weight loss can lead to volume loss. You have a receding chin and that might be do to a dental alignment issue so if you have a bite problem , have that checked. that being said, you are a great candidate for fillers so if this bothers you get a good doctor and go for it. 

A possible remedy for your sagging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately you have lost volume about your lower face; be sure your diet is devoid of  all processed sugary covenience drinks and sodas, yes, even if diet soda; have  HA fillers done every 6 months until your volume is restored by an experienced cosmetically trained physician. Then, maintain your ongoing correction using topcial vitamin C; I like the Skin Medica cosmeceutical product line. Remember, a  successful outcome is dependent upon a realistic strategic plan for correction outlined by your physician and adhered to by you.  Good Luck.  

Steven Pedro, MD
Fort Worth Dermatologic Surgeon

You would benefit from a non-coercive consultation with the right cosmetic surgeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not likely that your face is melting.  However, some support with injectable hyaluronic acid fillers which are non surgical can make a huge difference for your self-confidence.  While exercising is great for your help and physique, facial muscle exercises will not correct your facial concerns.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

You might also like...

Why is my face melting?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Have you had any unexpected weight loss?  Make sure that you don't have some new onset medical condition that could be contributing.  Psychologically, most people suddenly catch up to their age.  It is not unusual to look in the mirror and suddenly think you've aged 10 years.  Nothing has changed but your realization of the situation.  Fillers, fat grafting, botox, etc. can all help.  Good luck!

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Melting Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear 892Wiz,

You are showing some early signs of aging.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, or Cosmetic Dermatologist to discuss your concerns.

Treatments options such as fillers and Botox may be able to help.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Face melting ....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should get a consultation with an experienced aesthetic provider... there are a few things that can help improve the parts that are bothering you.  Yes, fillers and Botox can help address some of the issues...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.