Is 260cc or 300cc Silicone Implants Better on a Thin and Skinny? Allergan 5'1''

I have scheduled the surgery for the next 16 of august, but I am not sure about the size. The reasons is that I dont want to have big size, cause I am very skinny and my height is 1.62 its about 5'2''.

However my doctor said 300cc cause it will be under the muscle. But I am very affraid about it, on the other hand he said with 260 I will have regrets, and it will seem like nothing. I would like to know other doctors opinión,.

Smaller implants required when combined with lift

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or your bra size.  If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the volume needed to achieve your desired goal.  Without photographs I cannot tell if you need a simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants look and feel more natural, less likely to have complications and need for revisions. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Most patients wish they had gone a bit bigger after breast augmentation.

If you're struggling to decide between a a 260 versus a 300 mL implant I would advise you go with a 300. Almost all women wish they gone a bit bigger when asked about their opinion of the original operation a year after breast augmentation.

Implant selection

Your implant choices are very close in volume and you should not be disappointed with either size.   Most women would opt for the larger size. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or  “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant choices 260 or 300 cc's

40 cc's is not a huge difference, but it is best to discuss the options in person with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Proper Size of Implants

You are wise to consider your implant size in relation to your overall size and the thin nature of your tissue.  Without photos, and especially without an exam, it would be impossible for any physician to give you a specific answer.  My approach is to take measurements which define the range of implants that are feasible given your anatomy.  In addition, trying on sizers in the office is helpful as is providing your surgeon with some photos so that he will better understand your goals.  Finally, I believe it is helpful to use trial implants in the OR to make a final determination.  Generally, if you have to be too small or too big (perfect is best!) its probably better to be too small.  In reality, however, the difference between 260cc and 300cc is very minimal so don't worry too much about that.  Make sure you communicate what you want with your surgeon and then have some confidence in him.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion on choosing a size of implants for a petite lady

Choosing the size of breast implants is one of the most important and challenging parts of the whole process in my opinion.  I have found over the years that the best way to do this is to have each lady try on specially designed breast implant sizers of different volumes so that she can see for herself how each size fits her body proportions.  We do that on every patient in my practice, and we find that we rarely have to go back to the operating room to switch implant sizes.  Your concern about the appearance of the implant with a small frame and delicate tissues is valid, especially if you wish to maintain a more "natural" look, one that does not show the round upper contour of the implants.  In cases like this I usually recommend that the lady consider using anatomically shaped implants.  These implants will still give a nice full shape to the bottom of the breasts, but they won't protrude and look overly obvious at the top.  I have been very happy with the results of these implants, and the patients that have them have all been happy too.  I would advise you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who, in addition to actual sizing for implants, offers the shaped implants as an option so that at least you can add this to the discussion about what's best for you.   With regard to the sizes you are considering, although the difference between a 260 cc and a 300 cc implant is slight (perhaps a little more than a shot glass), on a small framed girl with thin tissues, it could be apparent, at least with a round implant.  You might find that with a shaped implant, 300 cc will work very nicely.  This is why it is best for you to try on the implants yourself to see what you think and not rely on the subjective opinion and speculation of the surgeon, no matter how experienced he or she might be.  It just improves the chances of accuracy, and thus the success of the operation.  Good luck.

Is 260cc or 300cc Silicone Implants Better on a Thin and Skinny?

Without at least photos and breast measurements, I wouldn't expect any advice you will get to be useful. Even with that info, the difference is small enough that only an in person exam is likely to be helpful in choosing between these alternatives.