180CC Too Small For A To B Cup Increase?

I am 5'4" and 115 lbs. Currently 32 A. I would like to achive full B. 180 cc will be filled to 200cc and it will go under my muscle. I am not sure it will give a full B figure.

Number of cc's need to a B Cup Bra Size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many, many variables including the size of the patient and how much breast tissue exists. and perhaps, most significantly, the brand of bra.

Look for a plastic surgeon who can provide hundreds of images of small and natural looking breast augmentation results. Check their training and experience and be sure you find a surgeon who truly understands your goals. The video attached provides information about small breast implants

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation A to full B cup

You should go into your procedure confident of what to expect.  We use the Rite-Size method outlined on our blog, which has been quite successful.  If you are going up one to one and one half cup size, select an implant with a base width identical to your breast base width minus your skin thickness.  Depending on where in the A cup range you are and where in the B cup range you want to end up, try both moderate and mid-range profile prostheses with the given width.  Confirm with 3D surgical simulation... the system we use is the Axis Three Portrait.

Steve Laverson, MD

How much volume needed to go from 32A to 32B

Generally one cup size is 200 cc for smaller band sizes, e.g., 32 and 34.  For bra sizes of 36 and up larger volumes are needed.

In my practice we try to give the patient exactly what she wants, rather than aiming for cup size.

As you know, the cup can vary with the bra size. Many women are intermediate, sometimes using a 32, and sometimes a 34. The actual volume of a 34B is about the same as a 32 C. So cup size is an imprecise measure of what size implant to use.

We use gel sizers and let the patient judge when she looks exactly the way she wants to look.  That is the size that is most likely to correlate with long-term satisfaction.  It could be somewhere in the range of 180 to 240, but the final decision would be up to the patient.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

250-300cc implants will increase an A to B cup

Without seeing a picture, it is impossible to determine the best implant size, but in general 250-300cc will increase you a full cup size.  I am not sure a 180 cc implant will get you to a full B cup.

200cc implants

I do not tell patients that a certain cc# will give them a specific cup size. It is difficult to tell you what size implant to use to achieve your goals because there are so many factors involved.  I ask my patients to bring in photos of what they want to achieve and when I am in the operating room, I fill up a temporary sizer to different volumes to see exactly what volume give the patient the look she is striving for.  It is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the implant size.  The surgeon should adjust things taking into consideration how much breast tissue you have, your chest wall (concave vs. convex), how a saline implant projects vs. a silicone gel implants, etc..  

How much is Enough for Breast Augmentation?

Mika,

A 180 cc implant will be very subtle and in reality, almost no significant augmentation. Even at 5'4" you have enough frame to handle this and more.  You don't want to regret being undersized if you decide to go ahead with an operation. No surgeon can know what volume will equal which cup and it also depends on bra manufacturer. Thus, you need to adequately communicate with your doctor to ensure that he/she fully understands the look you want to achieve and then can make subtle adjustments in the OR to help get you there.

One last issue, I assume you are choosing saline implants and would highly recommend you looking into silicone, especially with an "a" cup to start. These implants are much firmer to touch and are hampered by a tendency to show "rippling" through the skin in thin women.

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Augmentation

I think the more important issue, is what is best for your sized chest wall. the diameter of your breast is important to give you a natural result. a 180 cc implant may be too narrow, and you end up with a wide gap between breasts. very unnatural.

go online and look at photos of before and afters. women who start with your size and shape, and those you like. discuss that with your surgeon before going ahead.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

An increase from A cup to B cup for a 32 band bra size....

It is quite likely that the 200 cc implant will create a cup size that may be considered larger than a B cup.  Since  your bra band size is small (32), it will not take a large volume to get  you to a full B cup.  Depending on how much breast tissue you currently have (probably not much with an A cup), I would anticipate a C cup with the 200cc.  But many times it will depend on the bra style and vendor what your cup size eventually will become.  I would not go larger and maybe consider a smaller augmentation volume if you are set on a B cup.

Small volume breast augmentation - 3D imaging

Thank you for your question.  200cc is indeed a small volume augmentation.  While bra sizes are not standardized, it is quite likely that this volume (or possibly slightly more) will result in the modest size increase you are seeking.  I would recommend visiting a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers 3D imaging, such as Crisalix, which allows you to virtually "try on" several sizes of implants in order to select those that match the look you want to achieve, before undergoing surgery.

180cc too small?

It is very difficult to determine the best size you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#breastimplant