Lipodissolve treatment involves a drug mixture injected into the body. These shots are meant to dissolve or melt away body fat without invasive surgery like in Liposuction plastic surgery. Also known as injection lipolysis, "Flab Jab," lipozap, lipotherapy, and mesotherapy. Lipodissolve requires shots over a number of sessions.
The lipodissolve procedure is not approved by the U.S. FDA. In fact, the FDA has warned consumers about the safety and marketing claims associated with lipodissolve.
The FDA is alerting consumers that:
- It has not evaluated or approved products for use in lipodissolve
- It is not aware of evidence supporting the effectiveness of the substances used in lipodissolve for fat elimination
- The safety of these substances, when used alone or in combination, is unknown
- It is not aware of clinical studies to support medical uses of lipodissolve
In addition, FDA has reports of unexpected side effects in people who’ve undergone the lipodissolve procedure. According to the FDA, Lipodissolve side effects include:
- permanent scarring
- skin deformation
- deep, painful knots under the skin in areas where the lipodissolve treatments were injected
Was this guide helpful? Thanks for your feedback
Still have questions about Lipodissolve? Ask a doctor.