Endermologie, often called endermology, is a cellulite treatment that involves massaging, rolling, and sucking at the skin surface with the intent of reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Endermologie sessions include gentle suction with two active rollers, like 2 rolling pins, and a motorized vibrator massage of the skin. In a RealSelf Q&A Armando Soto, an Orlando plastic surgeon, says it "stimulates the reactivation of fat release and production of collagen and elastin."
- An endermologie treatment typically lasts about 45 minutes and is similar to a hard massage.
- Supporters of endermologie believe that this activity increases circulation, which helps breakdown unwanted fat cells and cellulite. Detractors argue that endermologie simply causes swelling so that the cellulite is less noticeable, but the cellulite remains in place.
- Endermologie is often used after a tumescent liposculpture procedure, to smooth the appearance of the treated area.
- During the fourteen week course of treatment, patients are asked to drink two to three liters of water a day to help flush their systems.
Was this guide helpful? Thanks for your feedback