Tips for dark eye circles
Beauty Cred on 11 Jul 2006 at 6:37pm
Ever get one of those dreaded comments: "you look tired"? While the right response should be "who isn't tired?", that doesn't address the fact your fatigue is showing. So often the giveaway are the dark circles and eyebags beneath the eyes. If you're like most people, the dark eye circles are the result of thinning under eye skin and small broken blood vessels.
Getting rid of dark circles is not for the faint of heart. Here are dark circle insights from medical experts:
1. Stop smoking - If you smoke, its causing skin damage that lead to eye circles and wrinkles
2. Visit a medical expert - Dark eye circles can be treated using a variety of techniques that depend on the severity. Dark circle treatments range from chemical peels to IPL to fat transfer surgery
3. Try a natural dark circle solution - skincare experts recommend:
- drinking water,
- avoiding the sun,
- using sunscreen,
- using vitamin K cream,
- treating allergies,
- applying cold compresses (tea bags or cucumbers), and
- sleeping on your back with your head elevated
Leave a comment and share what worked (or didn't) for your dark eye circles!