Zoom Whitening Does NOT Hurt

Alright...I was SO nervous about getting this done...

Alright...I was SO nervous about getting this done - because of all of the reviews out there that say how much it hurts.

I had NO pain during my procedure - and little to NO sensitivity after. This was just done yesterday, and I am just fine. I really wish people didn't exaggerate the sensitivity to make others nervous.

The nurse who performed my whitening was in the room the entire time, and checked on me frequently.

If you are considering doing ZOOM - ask about the sensitivity and what the procedure will be like. I think the best advise I have heard it to BE SURE you are going to a good dentist who will protect your mouth, and explain everything.

In the end, my teeth are a bit whiter - and they even give you gel to do a touch up later, if you want them whiter.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. That said, I got zoom today and I don't think I'd do it again. Shooting nerve pain through the roots of all of my teeth all day. I
Just hope the pain stops soon. Have taken NSAIDs throughout the day but it's not touching the pain. I fear this may never end. OUCH!!! - ps- the procedure itself was painless.
Im finna have zoom whiten done on Monday March 19 2012 and um very scared after reading all the reviews. Does this procedure really hurt?

It's hard to say, as everyone has a different pain tolerance, and some peoples teeth are more sensitive than others.

There are some things you can do to try to reduce the amount of sensitivity you experience. Here is a Q&A where several dentists share some thoughts on the topic:

"Toothpaste to Reduce Sensitivity Before Teeth Whitening"

Hope that helps & would love to hear your thoughts on it if you decide to get it done!

First Choice Dental

The nurse was so great - she made sure I was comfortable the entire time and did a great job protecting my mouth.