Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss (350lb to 238lb)

I used to be heavy (fat 350 lbs) and with diet and...

I used to be heavy (fat 350 lbs) and with diet and exercised went down to 238 lbs. I decided to have a tummy tuck to remove all the extra skin.

During the tummy tuck the dr. removed 25 lbs of skin and fat I only had a tummy tuck, I didnt have liposuction even though my dr. did recommend me to have it, I didnt get it(by the way, my body went into shock)

today (5 months later)I weigh 213 lbs and Im glad I have 25 lbs less of extra skin hanging around but Im kind of disappointed of my results because the dr left me crooked.I notice my belly button is not in the center and I look "deformed" from my hip area.

Are my results "normal" for a heavy woman,or does...

are my results "normal" for a heavy woman,or does anybody think the dr. could've done a better job? I would like some advice on how to make this better? maybe having a liposuction? or another tummy tuck accompanied by liposuction? My scar is so crooked, its like a zig-zag diagonal shape is that normal?
Dr. Luis Andres Gonzalez Herrera

The results speak for themselves

What's the name of the Dr?
Both my sister in laws and I and a couple other friends have went to this same dr. He has done an awesome job with all of our procedures I got a tummy tuck and my breast implants with him and he did an awesome job. Everyone that knew me before the surgery seen a difference in me and my husband love the results.
Magy, I am so sorry about your situation. I definitely agree with the ladies. This is one of those things where you are worth the money to get the best you deserve for the results you want. Is it expensive? Yes! Are you worth it? Yes! Do the research for another TT in your area; one easily accessible to you when you need some care or revision. Check out his credentials and see pics of others he performed surgery on. And save the money to get exactly what you need for the results you want. I am paying for my surgery on my own and saving as much as possible. No treats or trips for the next few months for me. That's sacrifice for me as I LOVE to travel! Every penny saved for this surgery and I am pulling money out of my 401K. I deserve it!

Hang in there!~

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

So just wondering where you got your surgery? Was it in Mexico? You should really try Dr. Gongora or Dr. Fuentes, both in the Tijuana area. They should be able to fix it and make it turn out better, and their rates are really good. Good Luck.
I think you should have done the lipo too...it might be that your tummy tuck would look better in combination with lipo. I would seek a second opinion. It is impossible to achieve proper results without liposuction. I am not a surgeon, but the cut does not appear symetric.
HI, I had mine done 3 weeks ago and my stitches are very bad, I had to go casualty Fri nite and the doc on duty said he has never seen such bad sutures. I am scared to look at myself properly as I feel like bride of Frankenstein but I can feel that they are uneven and I had to get drained out last week as there was a lot of puss in my stomach. I am so swollen and my legs and feet have been too during the last week or so. I just don't know what to do.
Where did you go and what doctor?
Wow! you need to go to another PS that is good at TT and dont be cheap with your body, pay a good PS even if you have to wait till you save money, you dont want to go thru this again, get it done right. Comunicate in detail what you want with your PS, your the one with the money, your the boss.
I am very tall so it tends to hide my weight, but the op still made a big difference to my life.
This really does look like a bad job. But I do not think that should put anyone of having a tummy tuck as different drs achieve different results. I weighed 95kgs having lost a lot of weight. The op minus some minor issues went very well. I look wonderful. I am very all, I had the op 4 weeks ago and when not swollen, every compliments me on how good I look. So do not let this deter you. I to intend to lose 9 kgs - but now I am so confident about myself - no large tummy!
What Dr did you go to? He did a terrible job. Now I'm thinking I don't want to go thru this. I've lost weight and wanted to get rid of my loose skin looking at this changed my mind.
yeah, I defenitely think u should look for another dr.
I would definitely look for a different doctor. It doesn’t really look like he did anything except make a horrible scar on you. Don’t go cheap! Find a good doctor that can fix it for you!
WOW! I feel your doctor could have done a way better job than that! Please seek another opinion in gettng a revision. I don't know if it has anything to do with how cheap you paid, but it almost looks as if your doctor botched your tummy tuck!