Rhinoplasty with Dr Toncic - Caution - Croatia

Having had rhinoplasty with Dr Toncic has been ...

Having had rhinoplasty with Dr Toncic has been one of the most upsetting times as I was very unhappy with the outcome, poor communication, lack of understanding and professionalism.

I feel that the communication was poor particularly post surgery, they did not listen to my concerns when I reported that there was a dent in my nose or a least it was far more evident after they performed surgery.

. I traveled from the UK and there was no follow up from them after my surgery. I had to inundate them with emails to ask what had happened to my nose. I was told to wait for the swelling to go down, I waited months, it is now 6 months post operation and I promise you there is a huge dent on the right side of my nose, no amount of makeup can cover this up.

Before I left the clinic I verbally stated that there was a dent on the side of my nose. Dr Toncic felt this was swelling, he later informed me that he did not understand that meaning of the word "dent". If they advertise themselves as a clinic who can communicate english, I feel they have failed as something I clearly communicated was not understood.

I had a consistent message from them saying that they felt it looked better, I pleaded with them to listen to my concerns, I felt it looked worse after they had operated on it. I wanted them to relate to what I was saying, trying to have communication with them post operation was a mission and I felt ignored.

There was a problem with payment when I got there, apparently it said in fine print that there was an extra charge when paying with a card, and cash would have been the better payment option. The admin lady had been off ill and nobody called me to tell me about payment options. On the day of surgery my phone would not work abroad and I had to call my partner to help me sort of the payment as I had intended to pay on card. This was the first moment I felt unhappy, as I traveled so far this should have been verbally communicated with me or at least on email.

I had to contact them 3 times for my post op notes which is something most clinic should and would provide anyway. I don't know how may others have had poor experiences of their treatments, but I urge you to take my feedback into account if you are thinking of having surgery abroad. Do your homework, i thought I had chosen the right clinic, I have been a very expensive, stressful mistake. I am now looking at having revision surgery to correct the work performed by this clinic.
Dr Toncic