While I was away my blog became the botox/filler site I guess. lol

I have a very large nose, with a wide bulbous tip...

I have a very large nose, with a wide bulbous tip and a deviated septum. I met with 5 plastic surgeons before finding one that I felt confident with. I knew at his appointment that he was the one. He took his time, showed me his portfolio of rhinoplasty pictures he had completed and made sure to answer all my questions. We set my appointment up at the end of my first visit. I am scheduled for surgery May 19th. I'm so excited yet, so nervous.

Looking forward to seeing your new nose! It sounds like his staff are very supportive :) Good luck with the surgery and I hope you're very happy!
Thank you :) I'm so excited to have the surgery behind me!

Post op supplies...

Looking for suggestions of things to pick up after my surgery. I picked up my post op pain meds and my zofran for any nausea. I also picked up a stool softener in case I need it. Any tips about what helped each if you is greatly appreciated!

8 more days!

Hi Rosiegirld, I'm 44 toooo and my surgery date is May 20!! So glad to find someone who is in the same boat. How are you feeling tonight, nerves wise?
The closer it gets, the more anxious and nervous I am getting. I'm ready for it to be here. :) how about you? Nervous about the whole thing yet?
Good luck to both of you! I am 42 and wish i'd done it earlier ..way earlier:) I just had mine April 23rd. The days just proceeding are hard especially the night before for me, it is very normal. Check out ank87 emotional rollercoaster post. It may be helpful to know you're not alone in feeling jittery and that many of us go through it even though we feel confident in our surgeons and decisions. I'm excited for you both!!

4 days until my date

I am under the week mark now. Monday is coming up fast. Tomorrow I will get notified of what time my surgery is. I have done my pre-op testing already so its just a matter of me showing up and completing the deed. I have had so many crazy thoughts going through my head. I have had the bizarre dreams, the what if moments, and I have spent hours reading this forum and also looking at pictures. The idea that next week I'll be one of those pictures, sharing my healing phase just seems surreal for now. I still haven't told my family (they don't live close by so its not an issue for now). And, I am 100% sure my husband and our son will have a glory time taking post op pics!
I am curious as to how long your actual surgery was for most of you? My surgeon said 2-4 hours. I am having my septum and my turbinate corrected as well as the rhinoplasty. I know once I'm out it won't matter to me anyhow, time flies when we are in that twilight zone time span. :) I didn't realize it but I have an appointment two days after my surgery to see my surgeon. I'm going to guess that this appointment is to have the packing removed...I am not 100% sure. I do know that I have to wait 8 days to get my cast off because the following Monday is a holiday. I'm not stressing over that, but I know I'll be super anxious to see my nose. :)
After it is all said and done, then I guess I'll figure out how to tell my family.

Ahhh!!! So excited for you!!! You are going to look great!! I have a whole little bag packed with all my supples I might need for care after surgery. Almost feel like I'm packing a bag for when I go Into labor lol. Anyways, good luck girl!! Keep us updated! I can't wait to see how everyone progresses!
I'm not taking anything except my husband and my ipad. I'll update until they take me back and at least I can watch movies while I'm waiting. Lol I'm only about 25 minutes from my plastic surgeon so I'm making sure they medicate me prior to discharging. I'm more worried about the nausea than the pain. I'll be asking for zofran iv push soon as I wake up. I'm sure of it. I'm so excited to almost be on my journey. Thanks for giving me support and encouragement. Can't wait to see your nose debut as well :))

Nerves...

Stayed busy all day today. Went grocery shopping and picked up lots of post op comfort foods. I have a few things to grab tomorrow and I am thinking I'll clean my truck inside and out to make the time go faster. I find myself unable to read anything negative right now. I have to keep positive thoughts and a clear head. I'm really getting excited.

Congrats and good luck!!! Don't fret if you keep tossing and turning the night before your surgery, I was so excited I could barely sleep :) Let us know how it goes!
I will probably toss and turn..I have kept myself busy all morning and I'm hoping I will wear myself out and sleep well but we both know that probably won't happen...I'm just anxious for it to get here. :) I'll keep you posted how it goes tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow! Try not to be too nervous, you will be fine and before you know it you will be home and resting :)

A few before pics

Just a few side profile pics with my big "Hollywood" glasses. Lol

Good luck! Yay tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it goes
Thanks! Im hoping I feel decent tomorrow evening and can get on here and update. :) Positive thoughts!
Good luck to you! Sorry for seeing this so late, but I highly recommend honey lozenges, and a neck pillow! Looking forward to your updates. I had an open procedure 6 weeks ago- deviated septum, bone spur, turbinate reduction, etc.. Piece of cake. You will do great :)

13 hours...

Kept myself busy today regardless of the lack of sleep last night...I am excited and nervous but I keep telling myself this is going to be such a piece of cake...I was stuck 11 times the last time I had an IV line placed in my arm...really praying tomorrow I have big plump veins (drinking lots of water until my stop time) so the nurse can hit it like a dart! Fingers crossed...
I'm sure I'll post in the morning...til then, thank you for everyone who is stepping up and giving me support on here. This site is awesome for helping to relieve the anxiety/fears...xo to each of you!

Good luck! I'm sure it will be worth it!
Thank you. I'm really excited to have it done. Less than 12 hours now...that is hard to believe...
listen--before you let him do anything, please use the "15 things to ask before rhino, including": 1) post-op care (kenalog, etc.); 2) help with revisions on your bony tissue 3) read all patient consent forms to make sure there are no speaky implants/grafts you didn't discuss 4) pain prescriptions I hope you get this tomorrow. Good luck.

Today is the day....

Didn't sleep well, but I figured I wouldn't. I can't believe that in a few hours I will be doing this. I am not as anxious as I thought I would be. Actually, I think yesterday was harder than today. The anticipation got the best part of me yesterday...All I can think of today is that before I know it, this afternoon will be here, my surgery will be over, and I'll be the girl with a bandage on her nose wondering what my new nose will look like.
Keep me in your thoughts this morning...2 more hours and I'm next... Happy Monday everyone!

Thinking about you! I'm next tomorrow... Wishing all the best and can't wait for updates!!
Thank you. I'm here and my IV line is in. I was so nervous about the line and she got me on her first try.
That's a great start! ;)

I made it and been nauseated all day

Pain not so bad. Nausea is the worst. I had zofran IV push before I come home home and still got sick three times. Taking oral zofran now. If I still feel this way tomorrow I'm calling for some phenergan. My eyes hurt (like a migraine) and my mouth is def dry. I sipped some chick broth and some sprite. So far so good with keeping it down. I'm really bruised and I figured I would be. I'll post some pics in a few.
Thanks for well wishes today.

I had the neausea too. Lasted about a day & a half. I think its the blood drainage into the stomach. Hope you feel better soon and congrats on being in recovery stages :)
Oh no so sorry you are having bad nausea. That's the worst feeling. My surgery is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. Scary!!

Surgery day lots of bruising.

You did it! Yay! Take extra care of yourself.:)
I almost cried when I saw you. From happiness. I'm so nervous to do this. I see you going through this and I get a little emotional. I know I can do it. You did it and you are ok besides nausea. Please keep us updated. I truly hope you have a smooth recovery. Ice and rest:)
Icing is crucial the first 48 hours, it'll help! I wish you a speedy recovery! And congrats!!!!

Post op day 1

Nausea is dissipating and pain is tolerable. My eyes are the only thing that bug me (so swollen and just weeping from being swollen). I have slept all day off and on. Did everyone else sleep so much??? I get up to go to the bathroom and such but I quickly run out of energy.
I go back to the doctor for my follow up tomorrow. My splints don't bother me. The congestion is no different than a cold still so it's not bad. I keep using my Chapstick and sipping fluids to help with the dry mouth.
I don't think I have any normal color to my eyes at this point. Lol sooo bruised.

Post op day 1 pics

How is your neausea? Hope you are feeling better.
Yesterday I was so nauseated but as the day has gone on today I have felt better. I'm just so tired. I am sleeping as much as I can and only waking up to snack and use the bathroom. I swear I was up peeing last night every 3-4 hours from all the iv hydration they pumped me with. The pain is not so bad, but the swelling and bruising is uncomfortable. My eyes want to water when Im awake. There is no way I could cover up these bruises even if I wanted to, but right now, its like its my badge of courage so I don't care who sees them. :)) Don't be nervous. Keep your thoughts on the final results. :) I'm going to post another picture in a minute showing my side by side even now. BIG changes.
Yay, I did do it. :) Im seriously not doing much except for sleeping. Its been quite the few days. I feel better with each passing hour though..just no energy yet...

Side by side so far

I know its too early too tell, but I have a feeling you are really going to love your new nose! The bruising and swelling sucks, but it's a small token to pay for the final result. It's great you don't have any pain, and nausea will pass. I was really tired after my surgery too and took long naps daily. I think a part of the reason I was so tired during the day was because I didn't sleep well during the night. As the week went on, I became more active, but a very short walk to the store a few blocks away would wipe me out. After the splint was removed, it got better : )
Your nose does look great already!!! Have you been taking any arnica pills to help with the bruising and swelling? Not sure how much they actually help, bit worth a shot?! Keep on updating!! Thinking about ya!
I feel from looking at your photos that you can already tell you are gonna look how you imagined you would! gongrats

Post op day 3

Feeling so much better as the day has progressed. Swelling was definitely worse for me yesterday. Today I can at least see out of my eyes. Here are some new pics

You're really bruised! But glad u made it thru yay! Congrats!
You're going to look so good! Can't wait til cast removal day!!! Glad the sweeping has gone down for you some...can only get better from here on out!! :-)
Thanks :) I'm trying to stay positive. Next week we both get our casts off!!!! My tip is tender tonight. I think I'm getting some swelling there now. I took an Advil. Are you getting headaches?

Feeling better

Well the perks of swelling, no wrinkles. Lol I woke up this morning and I thought my face looked full and it sure did. I didn't have one wrinkle anywhere. Lol I'm feeling much better and I'm still post op day 3. My eyes are bruised but not tender like yesterday. I have a headache that comes and goes, but one alieve takes care of it. I have no appetite still. I had two scrambled eggs today and a spoonful of sloppy joes tonight. I am drinking plenty of fluids and still using wash cloths rinses in ice water for my face. My tip is tender, my drainage has minimal output and I can breathe through both sides of my nose even with the internal splint. Tonight I took a bath and my husband washed my hair. That was the best feeling ever. I was feeling so crappy. Now, I'm clean and I'm content. This is the longest I have been up. :)
My follow up appt today with my surgeon was great, and I go back next Tuesday for my cast/splint removal. I'm nervous about that. I hope it isn't painful.

I am very amberrased, but i dunno if i have splints or not. How can i tell?
You would def feel them. They are sutured inside of your nose. I think the sutures is part of the pressure I feel. When do you go back to the dr? How are you feeling today?
My cast came off on its own but I can tell you it wasn't bad at all getting the splints out. Just felt a little weird and it was over in seconds. So don't worry. By the time you get them out, you will be so tired of them that you won't care- if you are anything like me ;). Your nose looks like it's going to be very nice!

My nose is swollen.

My bruises are already starting to change color and I'm thankful for that. My nose is swollen and tender today. I used the mini bags of peas and iced wash clothes last night still. I was hoping my swelling wouldn't be so bad today. I guess I will just push on. :)
Things I'm happy about today...
Swelling= no wrinkles again today
I can eat
No nausea
My eyes are feeling much better
I took a bath last night
My new nose still makes me smile

Trying to stay positive. :) 5 days until my cast and splints are off.

I could see mine in there after a few days. They were low enough to feel them when I cleaned with a q-tip. After most of the draining is over with and you nose feels more normal, you will definitely know they are there if you have them :)
I am going back Wed... Still almost a week away :(
Jen I can see mine today. Lol I try not to do anything to my nose other than ice it. Was your tip super swollen afterwards? My tip is now swelling :( it's very tender.

Itching...and questions....

Anyone else have a itchy nose under the cast? Mine is itching off and on. I know its a sign of healing but boy is it bothersome.
Another thing, how long did everyone's headache last? Mine comes and goes still. I am taking my Advil fir pain control but just curious.
Congestion, when does it seem to let up? I feel more congested even as the day goes on.

it seems you also got back 10 years in youth, better enjoy it babe
Awww. Thanks. That's the sweetest comment ever. I really can't wait until I can just see my face without the cast. Again I'm waking up with a throbbing headache. :(
Yes I am itchy too! Driving me crazy lol! I've had a slight headache, took some tyenol for that tho. Just lots of sleep!!

3 am. Time for some Advil and a nice cold wash cloth

It was nice to wake up and not have the awful congestion. It's still there but not as bad. My head still throbs and my teeth are still sensitive. I have now lost 6 lbs since Monday. I'm on a Icecream diet! Who knew! Lol :)
Took a few pics since I'm awake and it's officially a new day. My tip is very swollen and tight. I did clean my nostril tip and boy did that start the congestion rolling out followed by sneezing about 8 times. I hope my sense of taste starts to return soon so I can actually be hungry for something.
I'm envious for everyone who is in the same boat and having a lot less issues with recovery. I think my issues are minimal but at time they are a pain in the bum!!!

6 lb !! Good for you! Wish my appetite disappeared for a while... My son cough me munching on bacon this morning :))
Lol I had a slice of bread with a couple spoonfuls of sloppy joes today. My appetite is just gone. My husband has me out for a drive so we are going to grab pizza to take home for dinner. I'm hoping I can eat a slice. If not, back to choc ice cream. I'm living on it right now.
i am SO happy for you! you look very pretty and it's exciting to see your dream coming true.

Today was the best recovery day so far...4 days post op and finally I was able to get out a little bit..

The splints are becoming more bothersome to me than the headaches now...my nose is tender and draining like crazy. I'm not complaining about the draining, because as long as its draining, my face doesn't feel warm or stuffy. My husband had a dental appointment today so I went along for the ride. I sat in the truck while he did his thing...and it felt so good to just get out, get some fresh air, and see people. I had some strange looks but I didn't even care. I just wanted to see normal things outside my walls of my house.
My itching continues. My cast is on like second skin...there is no way this puppy is coming off. lol I can wiggle it but it just wiggles my nose...and that helps with the itching. usually just lifting one part of it helps. I wore my sunglasses today, on top of my cast..for like 2-3 minutes at a time and I felt like I was queen of the truck. lol I took some pictures of me with the same glasses prior to my rhinoplasty and then took a few today...what a difference. I just had to see what I looked like in those glasses now. lol
My appetite is gone. I wish I could say I found something I'm enjoying eating, but truly nothing tastes good. I eat my ice cream because it helps with the nasal pain I get once in awhile. I am envious for all of you who are tasting, and able to eat again. Today my headache has been minimal. THAT was the best out of everything today. I didn't think my head would ever stop aching again.
Tomorrow is post op day 5, the domon (death of my old nose) was May 19th and I can only say that I wish tomorrow was Tuesday. :)) Congrats to everyone who has done this and has their cast off...this hurry up and wait period is harder as time goes along.
Tonights big challenge...I'm going to attempt to sleep in my bed all night with the extra pillows. I'm done with the recliner sleeping...its causing more issues than helping...anyone else back in their own beds yet??

Pics

I need a pep talk if you can spare one :( The tears finally started flowing today and now I can't stop. So silly. My head hurts, neck hurts, nose throbs, I can't breathe. I feel so awful. Day 4 :(
Awe....It is normal. Know this first and foremost. :) Even with emergency surgeries, sometimes we have people who hit that bottom and become emotional. So, it will pass. :)) My head still hurts, but I still try to ice or use a iced wash cloth at bedtime. Speaking of which, are you sleeping? If not, then its no wonder you are feeling so crappy. :( I finally returned to my bed day before yesterday and I have been able to sleep fine on two pillows. Again, I take two advil before I get into bed, and I have my stuff ready still in case I need them throughout the night. :( My tip throbs. It sometimes almost feels like it is burning. That is not as bad as the itching though. I am still drinking carbonated drinks (sprite) and that has helped thin out my mucus and I drain off/on all day long. I have moments that I can breathe without any issues, and then I have moments that I still sound like Rudolph and can't breathe at all. I can tell you it will get better. Our noses will continue to heal and we will get through this. In another week we will be reading someone else going through these exact emotions. I hope you feel better reading this and I hope you realize you are not alone...Let me know if there is anything else I can do to try to help you out. :))
I'm sleeping pretty good but with bad dreams. I think my neck hurts from all the vomiting. The worst is my nose and head being so stuffed up it's like I don't have enough oxygen to think straight! Thank you for your kind words :) Tomorrow is a new and hopefully better day.

Post op day 5

Feeling much better. Headache is minimal these days and I actually had moments that I could breathe through my nose! I finally ate something other than chocolate Icecream and I'm excited that my bruising is starting to turn more yellow now. I really can't wait to be completely back to myself. Here are a few pics from today.

Speedy recovery to you. It will get bettet soon.
Thanks for sharing your journey! I'm learning from u. Mine is less than a month now... I'm nervous! Surgery anesthesia... But I'm so excited. Congrats and can't wait for your cast removal!!
You're so welcome! Part of the reason we all join this is to get support and guidance. If there is anything I can help you with, please ask! :)

post op day 6.

Had a rough night of sleep. Don't know if i brushed against the tip of my nose last night or what I did, but I woke up at 0300 and could not go back to sleep until after 0730. My nose has been super congested all day today and I swear my splints feel horrible today. Has anyone else noticed that their splints felt worse as time went on or is it just something that will pass with me? I had a headache earlier, but that has gone and now I'm just trying to pamper myself and sip my sprite. I wish my nose would just start draining again...this stuffy nose is not making today a easier day.

I'll post pics later. Plus note, bruising is going away more and more, swelling is down, and appetite is better.

Post op day 6 pics

Thank you for sharing your experience! My surgery is on June 4th and I'm feeling EXACTLY like you described leading up to yours. If only the clock would speed up! Keep sharing, can't wait to see your pictures when the cast is off.
I am so excited for Tuesday to get here so I can get the cast and splints off. I will def post pictures to show you guys what is under my cast. :) June 4th will be here before you know it. I was overly excited two days before my surgery and then calm the day before. It was crazy to go through but it is what happened. You will go through a roller coaster ride of emotions. I don't regret having my surgery at all. :))) glad you enjoy the posts, and can't wait to read your experiences. :))
I definitely found the splints to get more uncomfortable as time passed. When everything else started to feel better, the splints were more noticeable. You will feel much better when you are rid of them! You look much better :)

One more day and cast off

Can't believe it has been a week since I had my surgery. Thinking back to this time last week. :) tomorrow I get my cast off and I seriously cannot wait. My splints are driving me crazy. With each passing day I can feel the increased pressure inside of my nose. My right nostril feels so tender. And, I'm sneezing daily. It doesn't hurt. I worried about that. Remember if you have to sneeze to just keep your mouth open and you will be fine. :) my nasal drainage is a hit or miss these days. I'm sure tomorrow when they remove my splints I will have nothing but snot coming out of my nose for a few minutes. Sorry for the mental image but that's how I feel. I'm not sure if he will remove my cast or my splints first but I can tell you I will be there 15 minutes before my appt so I can hopefully get in and out. Lol
Anyhow, here is the one week mark pic. Happy Memorial Day

Wow! It looks so good already! Yay!
:) Thank you! Tomorrow is my big day and I'm anxious for it to get here. I love that it is already so much smaller than it was.

tomorrow...

As the day has gone along I am finding myself thinking more and more about the cast removal and splint removal as well. I really hope it is a simple procedure and that it is quickly done. My nose is so tender and sore at the tip/edges. I am sure it is a combination of the splints I that I can feel more and more with each day, the constant dabbing of the 4x4 to catch the drainage, and the healing of the my stitches in those areas. Looking for those who have had this done already and wanting to hear your story about it...please advise so I know what to expect. Thank you much!

I am so excited for you today! :) Tell us how your cast removal went! Did you need to have stitches removed as well?
Just you tubed some videos on it! Those suckers are huge!!! It's gonna feel soooooo much better having those out! Ahhh I'm nervous!!! Good luck tomorrow girl!
Lol I did the same thing!!!! They are huge!!! Less than 12 hours and I get to see my nose :)))) I'm so excited.

What do you think? :)

I'll add more later but wanted to show my nose to everyone. I'm so happy and my plastic surgeon delivered more than I ever imagined. He is amazing, and continues to have one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have met.

Beautiful! I'm so happy for you. Bet you're glad you are done with the worst part of the recovery!
Looking great!! Does your nose feel numb in any places?
Amazing! So pretty :)

Cast removal/splint removal

I woke up bright and early to go to the office and have my big nose debut. I was nervous about the splints more than anything...my cast has been itching all week and I was excited about it, but not nearly as I was about those darn splints. The office girls were just as excited as I was with anticipation of my new nose. :) I love their happy, upbeat attitudes. My surgeon, Dr. Gallego (who I'll post pics with in a few) is by far one of the best surgeons I have met...up until now I have not mentioned I am a RN. I am. As a RN I really have an advantage when it comes to meeting with the surgeons and comparing them to others I have had the pleasure to work with. I have worked with hundreds of doctors. Dr Gallego delivered everything I asked of him and then some. :)
Back to cast removal and such....Dr G. come in and had me get on the examine table and lay back...my sweet husband turned on the video camera and the procedure started...First off, the suture holding the splint in is what hurt the most. I don't know why, but it just pinched and the moment it pinched my eyes started to water. He was gentle and explained everything as he removed the splints. The splints are HUGE. I'm not going to lie. There is a reason they are uncomfortable and you will see it after they come out. The greatest part...you can breathe immediately after they are removed. I actually got a little light headed after he removed both of them and I took a breath in. He cleaned my nose extensively for me as I laid there, explaining the swelling would still go down and that I had some break out areas on my nose from the cast. I don't know if it is actually acne or if it is a irritation from my cast. Once my splints were out he removed my cast and it was painless. It actually felt good when he cleaned my nose off and just gently massaged the sides. The entire process probably took less than 15 minutes and and I then had a few pics to take. I hugged not only him, but his staff as well. I go back in 3 weeks to see him for my next appointment.
The only downfall of today is I was so excited to see my new nose that I forgot to look at the computer images of my nose when he did the surgery. I will definitely ask to see them when I go back...
I went to my office right after my appointment and had to show off my nose to our medical director (who also is one of Sutter Norths finest doctors, Dr Blanchard), and our entire staff. I am blessed to say I have such a supportive work team...All my fellow nurses, social workers, secretaries, chaplains....they all smiled and wanted to talk about my nose with me...it has been such a wonderful day...and I'm loving my nose...really, REALLY loving my nose...

Already looks sooo good!! Yay! I bet you couldn't be happier!!
I keep looking at your pic, by the way. You are really pretty. I love your eye makeup!
:) Thank you. That was a hurried job...I just had to see what I looked like with some makeup....my bruising is still under my eyes, but I found out I can add a little concealer and it doesn't look so bad. How is your bruising???

just blogging tonight...:)

I had to blog really quick. I wanted to thank everyone who has looked at my blog, read my posts, and glanced at my pictures. I want to stress to you guys that each of our paths can be very different. For instance, I bruised badly, and had awful nausea. For some people, they go through this like a champ. They have little to no bruising and no nausea...I do see that the most common reported thing is the minimal pain associated with the surgery. Rest assured, odds are you won't have terrible pain. lol BUT, you could have many other issues....So, as you read my blog, or someone else's, know that your journey will be just that...YOUR journey. :) You can find out many answers here, find support if you need it, and you can even make some friends along the way.
I'm happy to report that I went from being nervous about people knowing about my nose surgery to being excited to tell them about it. After all, it is a permanent part of me now. I picked up my son today from school and he first glanced at me, smiled, and said, "look at that cute nose!". lol My nose might not be perfect to someone, but it sure feels perfect to me now. :)
Goodnight everyone..I'm finally enjoying a night at home, in my bed and breathing without any difficulty out of both of my nostrils. :)))

I think your nose looks very beautiful and natural. Congrats!
Thank you! :)
What a beautiful nose, and your hair is gorgeous too! It is so interesting to me how someone can be so bruised up (and in your case, hurting), and then about a week later they look perfectly normal and I would never guess they had a nose job! Thanks for sharing your journey. I like having a realistic idea of what I will be going through, and your blogs helped more than most others I have read.

Some side by side comparisons

I was thinking about you and how great your results are and it's so early on but they're so great just think it's only going to get better
:) Thank you. My surgeon kept stressing to me that I was still very swollen and I just kept smiling. If i like it swollen, then I hope that I really like it when it is not so swollen. lol :))
Such a beautiful amazing difference!!! Congrats!!

dissolvable stitches...

Just wanted to let everyone know who wonders the same way I do...I'm now 10 days post op and my dissolvable stitches on the outside of my nose have fallen off. :) I woke up this morning and they are gone. I am pleased about that because they continuously tickled the bottom of my nose. Last night I slept all night long, no congestion...woke up and still no congestion. Breathing in and out is no issue now and the only thing that I can report now is tenderness and swelling.

You look fantastic - thanks for sharing :)
:) Thank you. I am so glad I joined this and shared my story. :)
Amazing results! Hope I am feeling and looking as great so quickly after my surgery!

Splints

Just wanted to show you the splints that everyone, at some point,complains about.

Oh my god, you look amazing for a fraction of the price that most people pay. That was a very successful surgery, one I had to comment on anyways.
:) thank you. I swear, I was very fortunate that my plastic surgeon moved to my area and I was lucky enough to hear about him. He really did a great job listening to me. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow (my 2 week mark) so everyone can see the difference. I am so thankful I had this surgery :))
I was so relieved when the splints were removed. The first one was harder to pull than the other. Your new nose is lovely.

2 weeks post op

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. My nose is still tender and the tip is numb. I still can't smile completely but it is coming back. My teeth are tender with biting things but not as bad as it initially was. I still get congested and I'm cleaning my nose with normal saline spray at least once a day. My nose is swollen still but I have to admit, swollen or not, I love it. It's 100 times better than my old nose.
I went back to work last Thursday (10 days post op) and I was fine. I'm tired but I'm just sleeping when I can catch up. Here are some 2 week post op pics :)

I love the curved nose! Looks great - especially at just 2 weeks!

Almost three weeks post op

Still a little congested daily. My nose is still swollen and tender. Some days worse than others but I do not regret my decision at all. I have one suture that is trying to come through that bugs me but I had the doc take a peek at it and we will monitor it until it breaks the skin. My coworkers and friends are really noticing the changes now and that makes me feel good. I'm finally able to smile more as well.
Here's some latest pics.

You look fabulous. And BTW You don't even have frown lines! Ridiculous. I however do have frown lines. Bad ones. And you know what.. I don't even think you CAN Botox frown lines - they need fillers...Can't frown -means can't smile. Guess that doesn't matter to them though. Lol. You look gorgeous.
:) you would use fillers, but I did not say that because it would just empower them to attack someone else with the correct info. Botox paralyzes the area, but fillers are used for the creases. I thank you for your kind words and I think you look absolutely gorgeous as well. I don't see frown lines on you either. :)
Sorry that this poster is being rude, however they were correct in suggesting that you would use botox for your frown lines. Fillers are rarely (never?) used in the forehead. When you get botox in your forehead , it paralyzes the muscle and as such the wrinkles on top. This is why many people get their glabella (11's) and forehead done. More information for you http://www.realself.com/question/botox-fillers-minor-forehead-wrinkles

antibiotic and appt tomorrow...

Think I have a infection on my left side. :( Called my ps and he gets back from vac tomorrow but he was kind enough to get me an antibiotic so I could get it started. Did a lot of running around today, and my nose just feels so congested today. I keep telling myself this will pass...:)

As I get on my email I find all the posts to this page about the botox/fillers. lol You guys crack me up. I don't think I ever asked about either one but obviously those of you who posted thought I needed to know about it. Nice guys...that is no different than having someone say, "Oh, you need rhinoplasty". Just a bit of advice, don't feed into the negative posts that get posted on here, on anyones site. And, don't carry it forward. You just encourage that behavior. IF I had asked about the info, I'm sure I could have found the proper site for it on here, no different than rhinoplasty for noses. So, please, keep the site for what it is supposed to be about...support. IF you feel the need to post about something like this, then do it on your own blog...I like to keep mine related specifically to my journey, and be able to offer help to others. As I read my comments, I'm sure others will too and they will question what kind of support system we have on here.

Thanks!

How are you doing? Would love to see an update.
You are stunning! I love your nose. It matches your chin perfectly. I feel like even when I see a nose I love, the chin never matches. You're very lucky. Sorry if this question is too personal, but do you think you have an infection because you dug around in your nose? I am SOOO tempted to go digging for these giant boogies but I keep reading about infections so that is the only thing stopping me.
I'm day after surgery and can relate to a lot of your post-recovery experiences. My bruising is soo bad my face is like a balloon, and my eyes are weeping and I have a dull constant headache. Really jealous of people who had no bruising! My nose is very sore and tender. How is yours these days?
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

He sets the bar very high for others to be compared to. He is polite, professional, confident, and HE LISTENED TO ALL OF MY CONCERNS. His staff were polite, helpful and encouraging. I loved that he was proud to show me the many pictures of his work. My initial office visit lasted two hours. My preop visit was just as positive with him taking my pictures and reassuring me that he could do everything I have asked. I had my surgery with him on May 19th and he corrected my deviated septum, my turbinate and completed my rhinoplasty. The surgery lasted about 3 and 1/2 hours. He was great with updating my family on what to expect and his bedside manner remained the best of anyone I know. I had my cast removed and my splints taken out on May 27th and that is when I really realized he listened to every one of my concerns and did exactly what I asked of him. His work is perfection. He is approachable. He is kind. He is honest. Sutter North Medical Foundation is lucky to have him as one of their own. I will recommend him to anyone who needs plastic surgery done, without hesitation.