Flanks, abs, lower back.

Well I've decided to get liposuction on my...

Well I've decided to get liposuction on my flanks, abs, and lower back roll. Im 25 years old, and I have always struggled with my ginormous love handles. I weigh 142, and I'm 5'7. I work out 5 times a week, I'm very athletic, but nothing ever works!!
Im not one to rush into cosmetic surgery, but when your feeling empty, and disgusted by your own body, you just have no other choice, sadly. Im very excited about getting it done, but freaking out that it might be more pain than I can handle. I guess we will find out in a few days.. EEEEKKK!! WISH ME LUCK LADIES!!

Surgery day!

Well guys, I woke up at about 6am soooo unbelievably nervous. I had to be at the hospital at 7:45, and boy was I ready to get this over with! I hate not having control over a situation, so that's what really freaked me out, being afraid of the unknown! Next thing I know it, I'm climbing on top of the operation chair, listening to the music they had on, (red hot chilli peppers) lol, then straight to sleep I went! When waking up I had a breakout on my left hand where the IV was. Apparently I had a bad reaction to the anti nausea meds, but it wasn't too bad! I had to pee SO bad, and they made me wait ten minutes lol. I eventually got up with the nurse and got very close to vomiting, I'm glad I didn't, phewww.. They put two thick layers of foam under my garment, so I can't really tell how much they took out. They also only had a size medium garment, so it's a little bigger then what I expected, and will be giving me a small on Monday. So far, so good ladies! I'm happy to say I'm not in agonizing pain, about a 4-5 on a level of 10. The absolute worst part of the whole thing was the anticipation before the surgery, and also the general anesthesia. I will be posting pics in two days, when I get to take a shower! Good luck to all of you with your future lipo procedure! And don't freak out like I did haha

Day 2

Well today is a little bit better. I definitely didn't know what I was in for pain wise. The worst part is the itching due to the pain meds. I have to take 3 doses of Benadryl a day to stop the itching!! I just hope this pain subsides, it's very uncomfortable. After visiting my PS yesterday, they told me they had to put a tummy tuck garment on me because my torso was so long, and a small lipo garment wouldn't fit length wise. So that's why they put extra padding underneath, to make sure it's tight enough. I literally have a prego belly right now from the padding!!! So frustrating, because I can't tell any difference other than looking fatter lol. Friday I go back to get a smaller garment, thank goodness! So Friday I will be posting pics before my shower. I can tell Im pretty bruised, even after taking Arnica a week prior to surgery. Swelling is even worse! Can anyone tell me when this starts getting easier? I'm already over it... Trying to keep my head up!!!

Day 3

Well today was a lot easier than the previous days. The worst of it is getting out of bed in the morning, ouchhh! I had to go see my PS to get into a bigger garment because my swelling is out of this world!!! Before my surgery I wore a size 6, and they had to put me in a size large garment! (I should be in a size small) I feel like a hippo, but boy, my shape is already looking 80% better. The pain is definitely there, and I get emotional at least twice during the day because I feel 2x bigger than before the surgery. I can't wear any of my clothing without looking like a box. It's very apparent I'm wearing a garment lol. All in all, things are looking up. It's a very, very, slow process. I had no idea what I was getting myself into! Surgery SUCKS. :(
But so far it is so worth it. Oh, also I had to get an ultra sound on my calf because it was hurting, swollen, and felt a bit numb. THANK GOODNESS it wasn't a blood clot. Still don't have an answer to what it could be, just trying to stay active, and flex my feet and calfs as much as possible! I will post more belly pics as soon as my swelling subsides a bit. :-)

Day 3, photo!

Day 8

Wow, what a journey this has been! To say it's been a bumpy ride would be an understatement. I'm feeling soooo much better, and finally can move around, drive, get up and down with no problem! I measured myself for the first time, and my measurements are the exact same! Swelling is pretty bad, but I look so awesome. I can wear anything and not have any budges, and lumps of any kind. It feels so good! This garment really rely sucks, and I'm ready to et this damn foam padding out. I've been massaging as well, which doesn't do a whole lot for me so far. It's still pretty early. I'm healing very quickly, it's awesome!! Here are a few new pictures with my clothes on, I'm still not comfortable posted "skin" pics just yet, I'm so very swollen, and a little black and blue!

Day 19

Well Tuesday will be my 3 week mark since my surgery! I went from a size medium garment, to a size large, to a size extra small!! Boy did my swelling fluctuate, and still is... My only worry is a long dimple underneath my belly button that showed up about a week out, and has been visible for about a week. Can anyone tell me if this might go away????? I'm 23, with excellent skin elasticity, and went to a very prominent surgeon. This is what I was most afraid of!!!

I'm still a bit sore, and I know this is TMI, but I've never read anything about this on here. They told me to wait 2 weeks before having intercourse, and that I still had to wear my garment, awkward! Well, last night was the night haha, it took almost 3 weeks for me to feel comfortable doing the deed with my husband. Maybe I just have a low pain tolerance. ;) He was very patient with the whole thing, he's awesome!! I'm going to post a pic of my belly, the lighting is not the best, so the dimple will be hard to see. But please, someone tell me this won't be permanent!! :(:(

Please post an update o your results! I am considering lipo on my flanks and abdomen and we are the same age and similar weight range, so you are my inspiration! Thank you! :)
Congrats on surgery
Hi there I am 8 weeks out and do have ripples and a small lump about size of half walnut about two inch above belly button - I think it looks like small hernia (but it isn't). I'm massaging and back with PS in two weeks. That said, at 54 I love my new shape. Just about to post about the breast reduction I had only 1 week ago with micro lipo and it is amazing result and nowhere near the after care needed with CG and padding as abs and flanks. Trust me at 3 weeks it's still early days for you so be patient and keep the faith.
Thank you for ways lifting my spirits! I bet your looking great, sounds like your recovery is going well. So far my lower abdomen is still pretty wavy with the same long indention. Doing massages daily, sometimes x 2!
I too have a nice sized lump on the bottom right side of my navel. I THINK its going down. I noticed it about a 1.5 week out. Its really depressing. I've been massaging the HECK out of it..hopefully it subsides more. I'm giving it two weeks
I'm sorry girl! We are going through the exact same thing. It is VERY depressing, I want a young girls stomach, not an 70 year olds. My PS and his assistant told me it will smooth out. Have you talked to your surgeon about it?
I didnt yet. I'm scheduling my post up on my own in a few weeks. I'm almost 100 percent sure they'll all pretty much say the same thing. It'll go down in time and final results are revealed after 6 months max.
Hey hope you're recovery is going well! How ya feeling?!
Your* not a fan of autocorrect sometimes... lol
Thanks for checking up! Things are going well. The massages are very tiring!!! And the garment is wearing me thin. I went to my PS for my 2nd stage garment and he said I needed to wear the foam for another 2 weeks. Not what I wanted to hear! Overall, I love my shape. BUT, the one thing I dreaded was the possibility of getting dimples, waves, diformaties. Well, about one week out I noticed a long dimple under my belly button. They say it might massage away, but it's not going anywhere.... So that's my biggest worry! I would have never gone through with the surgery had I known it would for sure happen. I also had surgery with the best surgeon in the state! It will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I'm just praying this dimple goes away! How long untill your surgery?
I hear a lot about bumps and dimples... I am so nervous for that... but everyone is saying they typically massage out... fingers crossed yours goes away soon... and tomorrow is my surgery. I am soooo nervous.
I hope your surgery went okay! Let me know how your feeling!! Goodluck with everything.
Thanks! I wrote that message so early, I really meant tomorrow :) Going in at 11 surgery is scheduled for 1pm! So nervous! I've definitely excited though. Your results look so good! I know it's a long road...
It's a very long road. What type of lipo are you getting? Mine was old fashioned tumecent. The worst part of the surgery is your own anticipation, believe me, there is no reason to hype yourself up! You got this :)
Same as yours. Tumescent. Will be heading to the hospital in two hours! And thanks girl!
Goodluck!!!
Hope you are through surgery and starting to feel better. Fast healing.
I agree about the swelling. I posted some pictures today but with the swelling I did not look good but with my clothes on I look much better. I hope the messaging g starts breaking u p some of the hard lumpy areas.
Looks like we will have to put up with the swelling for months! It will be so worth it through ;)
Woww looks great!! We have similar results :-) my major swelling has just started a few days ago and I'm about 2 weeks post
It's crazy! I look skinny in the front, and back, but from the side I look really wide! It must be the swelling. I know it's bad, because I look so much smaller, but my measurements are bigger by an inch! It's pretty annoying. One day my garment will be sort of loose, so I wash and dry it so it will tighten up. Then the next day it's so tight I can hardly breath... Lol
You look great! Looking at your pic makes me more excited for my surgery!
Wow you look amazing - yeah yeah it sucks but worth it when you get rid of the body armour ! I felt tearful too so it really is part of the 'what have I done/ thank goodness it's over/can't ask for sympathy because it's almost self inflicted' - You know what I mean :-). The best part is putting those jeans on which used to cut in a little around your middle - and they're loose - then you know it's worth it. Keep the faith sweetie - grit your teeth and try to enjoy the ride (which is a roller coaster)
Your looking fantastic girl.
Yay u did it!! Congrats lol. The bruising stays for a few days if not a few weeks depending on ur body. I healed very well. My bruising was all gone by day 13. But I had a lot of hardness for weeks. It's a slow process but the results will kick in soon enough. You will probably start to see your new silhouette by day 5 or 6 hopefully a lot better. Can't wait to see the pics