Mommy Makeover - Wyoming

I am a 34 year old mom of 2 daughters ages 12 and...

I am a 34 year old mom of 2 daughters ages 12 and 9. I am fairly tall 5'9" give or take a little. I am wanting a mommy makeover so I can feel comfortable with my body. I would love to wear a night gown or pajamas WITHOUT feeling like I have to wear a bra!! As soon as I hop out of bed I have to put a bra on. I have always had large breasts. It was a good thing before kids when they were up where they should be. Not now though. I also have always carried all my weight in my belly. Most of my family does. So needless to say I have never been very comfortable wearing a 2 piece bathing suit, but would love to!! I am not overweight at all. I currently weigh about 148 lbs.

I really want a mommy makeover but am scared to make an appointment for a consultation. Is there anyone out there in my position?? I would love to hear from some of you. :)

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I have 3 kids (11, 9 and 5). Always had large breasts and developed at a young age. So, after my first child was born, BOOM saggy. I HATE the way they look. I can't stand wearing a nightgown without a bra. My tummy has taken a beating after 3 pregnancies and 3 c-sections. I have a pretty significant muscle separation. I've decided that this is the year! I sch. my consult and called later to sch the surgery (before even seeing the dr). Once I went for the consult, it made it seem very real, but exciting. I would suggest that you just go for a consult. Mine was $100. It will give you a lot more info and you'll have a better idea how you feel about it once you've met with a PS.
If you are really interested in a change in your body just choose a certified PS , with this evaluation you will be informed of all the things you need to know about your surgery and I am pretty sure that you will end up more secure and decided in your desires . The Plastic surgery will give you back the confidence on yourself will return and will give a nice body .Just take your time to choose the doctor your are going to visit thinking on a certified person but not only this , if not also you should a professional whom you feel comfortable and safe . Good luck , and enjoy the new you !!
Mandy, I am so glad that you found realself. I believe that this website will be very useful to you. I have yet to have my Mommy Makeover yet. However, it is scheduled and 20% down already. I scheduled my for June so I could take more time off.
I was at first scared to go for consults as well. Not just the fact that I would be naked and a PS would exam my horrible body, but more afraid of worst case scenario outcome. That there would only be so much that the PS could do for me or worst yet, that we wouldn't be able to afford it.
My advice go see as many PS that you have time for and that offer free consults. I saw 4 PS, and was able to get a really good idea of what could be done so that I felt better about myself and my body. You seem like an awesome candidate. Your weight and height sound excellent.
Also you should do a lot of research. I honestly think that some women go into a procedure like this with little or no research done, not knowing what to expect. My husband and I have read numerous articles about mommy makeovers. We also have researched every type of breast lift, implant type, versions of lipo, etc... When I finally did go to consults, we were able to understand the PS better and know what they were talking about. One PS actually seemed shocked and impressed that we knew so much already.
Now that I know I am about 4 months out from my surgery, I can't wait. Not just to look good in a 2 piece. I want to feel sexy for my husband, I want to look good in clothes. My husband has seen just how hard I have been working out at the gym, eating right and sees the frustration with not seeing any results. Especially in my tummy area. MY arms are slimmer, my thighs more toned, but that darn belly fat won't go away. Also your stomach muscles just won't go back together.
Sorry that I just went on and on, but I feel that everyone woman that battles the body coaster should be rewarded with a beautiful body.
I wish you luck with your quest and please keep us all updated!
Sorry about your MS. What does the surgeon say about this? You can't be the first to have this issue. I know a lady who has MS and she just did the TT and not implants she was worried about putting implants in her body with the MS. She is pretty small chested so I don't think she needed a lift. She loves her tummy.
I still have to schedule... I am thinking now just about a breast lift. I am just scared to tell you the truth. I was dignosed with multiple sclerosis 13 years ago and since my medicine to help with it is injections I have alot of marks on my belly. I am not sure if it will just return to wheat it is now after a few years.. I just need to make a descision... :)
Oh I thought we were scheduled the same day! I'll let u know how it goes.
I am scheduled for my surgery same day as you! We will have to keep in contact through this!
MIne is that day too!!!
Are you looking to have this done on Feb. 1st? Did you price this out at $9000? I will be having my mommy make-over on Jan 27th. I'm scared too. I paid for it today...not turning back now. Keep in touch, I'd like to know if you decide to pursue this further!
Don't be afraid to go and talk to a surgeon. They will answer your questions and you will get a feel for their personality. Funny momzilla said about the nurses.. most of the nurses at my PS had their surgery from the Dr. That is why they look so good. So don't let that make you feel to self consious. The one nurse at my surgeons is a great source of information. She looks fabulous. There are always risks you need to decide for yourself if it is worth it. I love my results. I traded a flabby tummy (2 pounds of skin and fat removed) and most of my stretch marks for a scar that hides under my panties. I know I have scars on my breasts but for the most part I don't see that anyway because you are looking down and they look so good in clothing and bras the stretch marks on them are much less noticable because of my implants. I was so unhappy with what was there before even though I have found issues with my incisions here and there the overall result is worth the money, pain and time off of work. The biggest thing is doing it for you and not someone else. It is a commitment and it is not an easy thing. You will have pain and a recovery period. I spent 6 years or more hating what I saw in the mirror now I am much happier with what I see. I am only a month post op and I am impatient to see the end result but even if it didn't get any better I would not be disappointed with my decision.

All that being said make sure to look for a qualified physician. Don't even bother going to someone without the right credentials. Most of my consults did not charge. I went with the PS that did charge for his consult. My boyfriend and I discussed it and he actually liked the fact the the dr did charge. He felt it meant the dr knew he was worth it.
I think there are a lot of us in your boat. If this is something that you've wanted to do for awhile, then you have nothing to lose by just making an appointment. All of the consultations I went to were free and there were no obligations. They didn't even take pictures! (Although I was a bit self-conscious baring it all in front of the perfectly built, teeny-tiny nurse that has to be in the room during the examination!) Make your appointment, and then read through as many of these reviews as possible BEFORE going to see the PS. Read the good and the bad. Write down all your questions as they come to you and ask them at the consultation. You never know until you go. For example, I was surprised at how inexpensive the quotes were. If I had known this years ago, I wouldn't have waited so long! As they say, "Just do it!"