WY10 Teeth Whitening and Burnt Gum

I purchased wy10 teeth whitening trays and gel...

i purchased wy10 teeth whitening trays and gel from dentist. on second use a little bit must have escaped from the tray and within 2 minutes i could feel my gum burning. i removed the tray and found that the bit of gum tissue between my front teeth had turned white and an area around it looked red.

this system cost £260 but i don't want to damage my healthy gums. what should i do?, thanks, dianne.

I don't know yet

I am abit confused..... I have the homekit Wy10 HP6 whitening , I am not sure if I am supposed to leave on for 30 mons per day for 2 weeks or for 2 x 30 mnutes per day for 2 weeks, my dentist said the treatment was for 2 weeks but there is no timeline instructions in the kit and I do not want to overuse and run out before the 2 weeks is up, can anyone advise please ?

Have you tried looking up the brand of your whitening? Maybe they have instructions on their site =)

Can you tel me if this Wy10 service is offered naywhere in Ireland?
I think many dentists use it now.
I'm having trouble sourcing anyone! The Zoom one seems to be the only option!
I am the inventor of the wy10 teeth whitening systems, including the wy10 home bleaching tray. This tray system was awarded two UK patents in 2008. The features of the tray are 1) It has internal seals preventing the whitening gel to escape to the gums and exposed dentine, which have numerous nerve endings and will cause mild to severe sensitivity when get in contact with these vital tissues. The sensitivity is more severe if the gums were not healthy due to existing gum disease causing severe tissue burn. 2) There are small dimples in the trays. These dimples serve two purposes, a) the location marks where to load the whitening gel, and b) the small amount of whitening gel just to fill up the dimples to avoid overloading the tray with the whitening gel and forcing it out to the surrounding vital tissues. At my Teeth whitening centre in Central London, we showed our patients step by step how to load the whitening gel onto the trays, and we ask our patients to wear the trays home with the whitening gel loaded. If it is loaded properly avoiding excess of whitening gel escaping to the surrounding vital tissues, the whole process should be painless. We had similar complaints as Dianne in Belfast posted in the past. Patients always overloaded the trays with excessive gel causing the excess escaping to the surrounding vital tissues. It is quite reasonable to think if one applies more whitening gel, the whitening result will be better. But, our experience with 1000s of patients treated at our centre, only a small amount of whitening gel is sufficient to whiten your teeth. That's why we request our patients to wear the trays home loaded with the prescribed whitening gel, just to prove if loading of gel is carried out properly, the whole precess is painless. If the patient subsequently overloaded the trays with excessive whitening gel, it is out of our control. If this happens again in the future, the patient should contact the dentist who prescribed the treatment, as the dentist should possess the knowledge how to due with side effect of a dental treatment. I normally advise my patient to stop the whitening process until the gums heal up. This normally takes a couple of days. If the tray was removed immediately after the initial burning sensation, it will normally take 30 minutes for the gums to return to its normal pink colour. Apply Vitamin E oil to the affected areas helps the healing process and the pain should stop within 30 minutes. There is no permanent damage to the gum, and the whiteness of the gums is due to the gums being bleached as well. The wy10 tray system is used by 1000s of dentists worldwide and the feedback from all of the dentists is very positive. My advise is to use a very small amount of whitening gel in all tray bleaching system, allowing the whitening to work slowly over a longer period of time. Do not overload the tray as this will cause tissue burn and teeth sensitivity, and this will put you off carrying on the whitening treatment. Dr. Wyman Chan smilestudio London, UK
Hello, I am looking into this as a form of teeth whitening and wonder could you give me some advice on this. Are there any side effects to the enamel? I previously used whitening toothpastes and this wore off a lot of the enamel on my front teeth-the times of my teeth are transparent. Also once the tray is made suitable for someone is it just the gel one would have to buy after a few years (or months??) to maintain the results? Thanks for taking the time to respond!
I had a similar experience when I first used the trays/gel...make sure you have the lowest strength gel to begin with. And leave a day or two between treatments if your gums become oversensitive. I managed 7 days straight and got a pretty good result. Now i use a slightly stronger gel for a couple of days every three months or so to maintain results. Good Luck!