TT, Muscle Repair, and Thigh Lift

I have been creeping on this site since July. The...

I have been creeping on this site since July. The stories are very inspiring. I hope that my story will help someone else. Today is my pre-op apt. I have been extremely nervous but I'm weirdly calm :/ I've lost 100 lbs in addition to having 2 babies. I want to rock a bikini!!! I work out 5 days a week and I'm going to miss it!!!

Welcome to the community.  You will be rocking that bikini next summer.  And don't worry you will get back to the workouts soon enough.

I am 9 weeks post op and just beginning to get back in the gym. Just try to be patient with the while not working out thing. Remember you will need to listen to your surgeons instructions and give your body all the time it needs to heal before you start challenging it. You will probably be surprised how tiresome the healing process is. I was in the gym five days a week pre op and a week after surgery ten minutes of house work totally exhausted me. I pushed myself too hard and I know I lengthened my healing process because of it. If I could go back in time I would sit still more and let my body heal. I have worked hard and telling myself not to worry or stress about exercise. It's been difficult to watch my muscle tone in my arms and legs disappear from inactivity but I know I now have plenty of time to build it back up. :) I'm getting long winded here. I hope your surgery goes awesome! Let yourself be lazy and heal! Keep us posted! ;)
I'm scheduled for 12/5 and have been thinking about not being able to work out too.

I actually did it.

I had my surgery yesterday morning. I came home last night. I've been on the couch since except for trips to the bathroom. I got a toilet seat raiser and I'm so glad that I did! I'm taking my pain pills every 5 hrs. My directions say 4-6 hrs as needed. I can't make it that last hour. The worst part for me are the groin incisions and the tightness off abs. I need help getting up and to the bathroom. I'm looking forward to getting around better. I'm supposed to shower tomorrow!! Scary. Also I keep falling asleep but only for short periods of time.

Ahhh

I'm feeling so much better today after a mini meltdown last night. I couldn't get in a comfortable position. I couldn't sleep. I woke up today feeling more like myself. I got a shower that took almost 2 hours. I have a one piece compression garment that needed washed. Getting back in that suit was a 3 person job lol. Well I didn't do much. I cut back one my pain pills today. The showering and dressing process took about an hour and a half longer than expected so i was an hour overdue and in pain! I wanted to take a pic but that didn't happen. Felt good to be clean. I've been looking at other's post op pics for so long that it didn't seem like my reflection in the mirror. My incision looks low and straight!!! So far, so good.
Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey. :)
A toilet seat raiser.....brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? That could have really been useful lol. Haha, keep hanging in there....the first couple of days are awful. Post some pics when you're up to it. I'm very interested to see your thigh lift incision. I had considered that for a little while, but my surgeon talked me out of it. I'm curious to see your results! xxoo

Swelling!!

I took a trip to Walmart yesterday. I only walked from the car to the door and back again. I used the scooter. It was so embarrassing lol. Everything was swollen!! I had the largest cankles I've ever seen. I woke up this morning feeling good. I'm standing straighter. I showered without help. It was much easier to squeeze into my garment. I started tracking my calories again with MFP. My drainage has decreased a lot. I have my first post op apt on tue. I'm really hoping to get these drains out. I read many, many reviews before I had my surgery. I thought I knew what to expect. When it's happening to you it's just different. I can't say its better or worse than I anticipated. I didn't have the blues like I feared. My scar seems to be low. I'm happy with my progress so far. I'm eager to just walk on the treadmill!! I took my first post op pic after my shower. Here goes nothing!
Hi there how are you?
Love MFP tracker too :) Keep hanging in there. And do not get on the treadmill! Trust me, I know it's hard to wait….I am a work out junkie…..but it will only slow your healing process down and make you miserable, and make you swell like crazy. Enjoy the break and rest, stick with good liquids or protein shakes…you'll probably lose a few pounds while you're recovering….some fat, some muscle too probably, but that's ok you will have plenty of time to gain it back. Go slow….please!! Can't wait to see your progress xx
I won't be getting on the treadmill. I know it's way too soon. I was really good today. Kept my feet up and I have ankles!!!
Dr. Tran