Worst Experience of my Life

Sounds like I had the same Dr. on probation in PA ...

Sounds like I had the same Dr. on probation in PA Moved to IL. Had to have a second surgery by a truly board certified plastic surgeon to correct the scars left by lifestyle lift. Had eye damage that will be with me forever. DO NOT DO THIS. If you are certain you want a lift, go to a real doctor that knows what they are doing. There are no bargains here. Takes longer than an hour to do -- try 3 to 4.

Takes longer to heal -- try 6 to 8 months. No going in public for at least 3 weeks or more. Stitches are removed by office people & you are lucky if you ever see a doctor again, or even if the office is still there when you call back.

I had a LSL in March of 2010 and was totally butchered. RUN as fast as you can if you have surgery scheduled. I laughed when I read the positive reviews above. They must be Lifestyle Lift employees. They already had to pay a $300,000 fine for posting bogus "positive" reviews. Remember, you only have one face. Do your research and have a real board-certified plastic surgeon perform the surgery. My surgery was done in Troy, MI. What a frigging nightmare!!!
Hi everyone. I really appreciate for sharing Your stories. Really sorry most of You had so awful expirience... When I saw this comercial I was so into to lift my chin. After I read all this stories I definatelly cancel my appoitment. Thank You everyone... And please feel better....
I made an appointment for today with this Lifestyle Lift and after reading all the horror stories, I don't plan on even giving them the courtesy of an appointment cancellation. I had a lower face lift done by a plastic surgeon about 10 years ago, it was great, and yes it was expensive. I'll be calling him back today and not taking the shortcut on money spent. These people are hacking up other people's faces and there is no turning back. I have a friend who on March 10th is going to have lipo on his cheeks (this sounds like it could be a complete disaster), the lifestyle lift and his eyelids done. I will try today to talk him out of it but of course they have already gotten some money out of him.
its a chop shop.
I was thinking about getting this done, but since I've read all these comments, I don't think I want to anymore. I'm somewhat disappointed since my mother just went in to have it done today. No results yet since I haven't seen her, but now I'm worried.
I had the LL done August 11,2008. I am still getting over it. I still have a lot of numbness. The results are only half what I was told and expected. I still have sagging skin under my chin. It was totally not worth the pain and money for the results.
I have been thinking of getting this procedure done for awhile but after reading some of your comments, I would rather contact a plastic surgeon in Springfield, MO. The cost is not that much more for a facelift as compared to the LL. And it sounds like there would be fewer complications with the facelift and hopefully longer lasting. I get the impression from most of your comments that it's not worth it!!!275
Hi Lidia, The "barbed fishing line" is a threadlift, which is something different. So what is the Lifestyle Lift? A few of the doctors who post on RealSelf have tackled this question. Here are two links: What exactly IS the Lifestyle Lift? How is a Lifestyle Lift different from a traditional facelift? Hope this helps! --Sharon
What does the procedure entail? Is it a kind of barbed fishing line that they use to tighten the skin? I've gone to the website but they don't actually tell you how it works. I was thinking about having it done in Arizona but after reading these comments I'm very uncertain. Thanks
Has anyone had this done in Atlanta? How long is the lift supposed to last? Do they do one procedure or several and is the cost based on that? Can someone compare the pain, recovery time, cost and how long each is supposed to last? Thanks for any responses! Carol
The best board certified in this town only charges $7200 for a face and neck lift in a full surgical suite with follow-ups. I would advise anyone considering surgery to shop around and find someone you are comfortable with. If something sounds to good to be true, it is!!!!
Which town did you have this done in.
I had the LL done 3 years ago and was very pleased at the outcome. Later, I even went back to have both upper and lower eye lids done without any issues. I did have a few scars that needed some attention a year later, and was treated free of charge at the center. They always gave me immediate attention and were truly interested in my satisfaction. The treatment was effective and the scars were diminished. My surgeon was board certified and quite skilled. I am a RN with 30 years experience and found nothing of concern about the center. My procedure was done in Plymouth Meeting Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.
you got very lucky terryg. I also had my surgery done at Plymouth meeting: look at my pictures: did your procedure look like this?
I had a lower face lift and eyelid lift in Nashville, Tn by a board cert. plastice surgeon and it was "only" $5500 3 years ago. I still have great results at 65. See a real plastic surgeon and get a consult BEFORE you agree to a "shopping mall" procedure. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
I am thinking about having this done in Houston Tx. WOW !!! A lot more time then an hour to have this done. A lot of pain. Is Laser better? How does laser work. How long does it take to heal from laser? Anyone know anything about the Houston Doctor's doing LSL?
I did receive a phone call from my consultantthis week wanting to know why I cancelled. I explained to her about further investigating and did not fell they wer on the up and up. They are suppose to be issuing a credit on the Carecredit account I was going to sue for the $500 down payment. Make sure you read the fine print, they claim a full refund on your deposit as long as you cancel your appt 2wks prior, but they booked my appt within one week. I have already notified GE MoneyBank and Carecredit. Giving them a week to process credit. We will see.
Did you ever get your money back? Jolie
I have permanent damage from LL-- the worst being very noticeable scars every single person I met asked me if I was in a car accident -- so far to date I have spent $3000-$4000 in laser treatments to reduce the scars and they are a little better. I went there to look better and wound up looking horrible. LL did not care one single bit about my results.
Just went for a consultation today in clayton, mo. Starting having doubts when they set up payment plan and appt next week. Made me think they did not want you to think about it, it made me feel like I was on one of those Dateline shows. Just discussed with my husband, I don't think I look that bad to rush into anything and take a chance of permanent damage. Just my opinion, but I like to research things, thanks for this site.
mbaum: try going to a Laser center--- of course make sure the Dr. who is preforming the procedure is very very qualified--- you can get excellent results with lasers and unlike LL you dont risk the horrible scars.
Hi everyone. I live in Raleigh,NC for the time being I'm in the Navy. I saw the ad on TV when I visited my mom in Fla. I'm 44 and I was interested of tighting up the face and neck area. with reading all these horror stories I'm apprehensive and scared. I dont have alot of money and I cant afford to look deformed. I have 9 more yrs to go untill I retire and I cant have destruction to Gov property which that's what were considered and will be thrown out if the damage is severe enough. The one they have here is in Cary,NC. Has anybody been to that LSL place or the one in Huntersville,NC. If so tell me about your experience. Thank You.
My sisters and I have been thinking about going in for an appointment to have the procedure done by LSL. Has anyone had it done in the OC or San Diego in Southern California. If so what was the out-come? After reading the comments I am having second thoughts.
well ladies... ive had some lipo done in santa barbara county..very good doctor, and the procedures are starting at 4500 dollars..i paid 6500 for two areas to be lipoed. this whole thing sounds like a bunch of crap to me..not all the time but sometimes we know if its too good to be true it is... anyway if anyone is interested they are very nice and take care of u.
I was 59 at the time I had the Life Style Lift. I'm in good health and had no complications. One year later I notice sagging under my chin like one pillow on each side. I went back to the Doctor and he reopened my incision and pulled both sides to the center of my neck and he said that would cure the problem. With in 6 months I had it done again. That was the only problem that I had. I am noticing very slight sagging again and that is on going gravity and aging. I'm happy that I did it. It turned back the clock 20 years for me. I'm 62 now. Will I do it again. Probably not. If I do anything later. It will be with fillers. Not Botox. I did that, eye complications. A droopy eye for 3 months. Not a good thing. Find and research your Doctor. Take your time the sagging and wrinkles arn't going anywhere. My total cost was $8000.00. Good luck to all.