Worse Eyes After Lasik

I had Lasik surgery in 1999 by a doctor who had...

I had Lasik surgery in 1999 by a doctor who had done 50,000 surgeries and seemed knowledgeable. He told me being out of my gas perm. contacts for 3.5 weeks would be enough time for my eyes to relax prior to surgery. I have since learned that for every decade you are in gas perm/hard contacts, you should be in glasses for 1 month to allow eyes to return to their original shape. I should have been out at least 2 months.

The day after surgery, my vision was perfect and it was amazing being out of contacts, finally! But, as my eyes continued to return to their original shape, my vision decreased. I am now back in contacts, and can't be corrected to the same quality of vision as before when I was in contacts. Further, I can't be corrected to 20/20 in glasses, so if I can't wear contacts, I'm in trouble.

My advice is get two opinions before going through Lasik, because had I done so, I'm confident the other doctor would have had me out of contacts a sufficient amount of time.

John Vukich

He should have followed what appears to be a commonly known practice among other doctors I've consulted, so I had been out of contacts at least 2 times as long as I was. If he would have done this, I probably would have had success. He didn't seem to care at all that he had made this seemingly avoidable mistake.

I love it! 5mins after the surgury i could see 20/20. My doctor was the person who did tiger woods surgery. I am highly impressed. I have currently 20/10 in both eyes and its only been a week. I was told that it could also get even better. My doctor was in richmond, va