HEALED SKIN!!! My orange peel/enlarged pores skin is HEALED!!!

Hi Everyone.. I have not had Fraxel done but I...

Hi Everyone.. I have not had Fraxel done but I have had the terrible orange peel texture side effect from using Retin A that many fraxel users have experienced. I used Retin A approx. 3/4 times and my pores enlarged all over my face and I got all these weird lines on my my face look exactly like an orange peel when you looked at it in the natural light. It was horrific and horrifying. I have probably read every single thing on the internet pertaining to orange peel texture. Here is some interesting things I have discovered...

Retin A, over exfoliating, microdermabrasion, dermabrasion, rosacea, peels, and lasers can all produce orange peel texture. But why? That was my question. Why do all of these things produce the same terrible side effect. The answer, I believe, is inflammation. When you get a burn, you get inflammation. When your barrier is damaged, you get inflammation. So, whether it is a chemical burn, a laser burn, a damaged skin barrier or inflammation within the body (Rosacea) it can do the same thing: create orange peel texture.

I mean, when you look at the texture, even if it's not red, it just looks like inflamed skin, doesn't it? So once I realized that the problem was inflammation it was much easier to know how to resolve it.

I have been experiencing this for 2 and a half months now and I knew I had to go over my skin routine and see if there was anything at all that could be irritating my skin ( even just a little) which would lead to more inflammation. I looked at the ingredients again in my "extremely gentle" face wash and skin barrier cream. My skin barrier cream had nothing irritating- all gentle oils that should not bother the skin. My "extremely gentle" face wash, however, had vitamin C and lactic acid!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are NOT gentle!! At least not for skin like ours.

So for the past five days I have changed my skin routine and have been looking at my skin in the worst possible light. I'd like to add that these are the things I have been suffering with recently..

1. #11 lines that are all weird and crinkly that appeared from NOWHERE between my brows. Wrinkles that come over night?? What the heck??!

2. Redness around the nose and even down my nasolabial folds a bit. ugh.

3. Worse nasolabial folds. Skin looked saggier there as well. So confusing!

4. More fine lines

5 Crinkly skin when I smile on either side of my mouth. Looks like severely dehydrates skin

6. Broken caps on nostril

7. Holes all over my face and lines. ( orange peel texture/enlarged pores) *worst thing of all.

Five days ago I began this routine..

In the am, put raw honey on my face for 2-5 minutes. Rinse off. Put on Montana Emu oil all over my face. Not too much. Lightly blot areas where extra residue is. On nose and between brows ( oilier areas) put cerave am. On drier places ( rest of face) put on ceractive by cellceuticals. Wait 15 minutes and put on insivible zinc sunscreen by skin ceuticals.

Night: Raw honey on face.. wash off with warm water. Emu oil all over face- do not blot extra. Rub in ceractive while face is still moist with emu oil. Cerave am on nose and between brows. ( my cerative cream is a bit heavier so I don't put in on my t-zone, just in case)

That's it. That has been my routine and I have LITERALLY watched my pores disappear before my very eyes in the past 5 days. It;s seriously miraculous. My broken caps are disappearing. My red around my nose is completely gone. My skin looks lifted and tighter. NO MORE 11 wrinkles between my brows!! OMG they were there for over 2 months!!! Skin plumping up! Fine lines disappearing. Best of all my pores are 90% GONE. I still have a bit of crinkly skin on sides of my mouth when I smile but I feel 100% confident this will all go away.

This routine will help your skin. I am sure of it. For some, it will completely fix it. What I learned: You cannot irritate your skin with exfoliation or peels or any, even slightly harsh chemicals on your face if you have orange peel texture. Do not put vitamin C on your face!!!

****If you have had orange peel texture for a year a more, do this routine but add in dermarolling ( microneedling) with a .5 needle. I read ONE doc (every other doc suggested lasers) who said that microneedling with break up the scar tissue and weird formation of collagen on the dermis that is creating orange peel texture. I think if you have had this problem long term you need to break up the tissue on the rdermis so that it can smooth out. It will not cause the problems that a laser or retin a cause because you are not burning your top layer of skin off. Dermaroll and then put on nothing but emu oil. I would dermaroll once a week with .5 ( not super agressively) and see how your skin reacts. If it's ok, up it to 2x a week.

This is the best advice I can give to anyone who is experiencing orange peel texture. My skin looks amazing now and I am SO SO SO relieved!!!!!!!

It's very difficult to capture the damage using a cell phone camera..

but here it is. This is in the healing phase, mind you. Do you see the tiny dots? Those are all over my face- everywhere. They used to be three times as big though. I am laying in bed with my baby and will try to get a better shot later.

Ok.. here it is...

This is my skin in the worst possible light. This is the light that I have been inspecting it in every morning. The pores used to be three times as big.. I will post a photo that shows how I used to look. This is my healing skin but you can still see major orange peel texture. Before retin a I had poreless skin. I only used retin a for preventive reasons, ie: fine lines.

How my skin looked when damage first happened.

This is not my photo, but what I looked like in the beginning. The pores might have even been bigger. Here you can see how my above skin is such a huge improvement for only one week of the most gentle care.

Next on my quest for healing skin..

I am going to see how my skin does when I go a day without any cleansing. If this helps, I will only wash my face at night before bed. I will update you all if there is any progress. Trying to fine tune my routine and finally get my poreless skin back completely. I'd like to note that my skin definitely looks firmer. I think a destroyed skin barrier gives the impression of saggier skin. You def. want to repair your barrier.

More good news!!

I have been washing my face only once a day and have noticed even more improvement in my skin/pores!!!! I think giving my skin a break has been very healing. I feel so optimistic today!! Last night I mixed a little cetaphil with my raw honey and used my extra gentle cleanser from cell ceuticals on my nose only and my skin was very happy with this. I noticed the honey was giving me blackheads on my nose so I am going to wash with a cleanser from now on. I don't have any pores on my nose so I feel comfortable doing this. Plus I hate blackheads!! I haven't had any for so long. Frustrating. Anyway, I felt my skin could use a bit more cleansing with the only once a day wash so mixing the cetaphil with the raw honey was the best I could come up with. It worked great. Will post photos soon!!!!

More healing!!!!!

I just want to let everyone know.. I stopped using my ceractive as I want to use only the least amount of product necessary. I also want to stay as gentle and natural as I can possibly get. At this point I am ONLY using raw honey and emu oil. My face is dramatically improving. It's incredible. Please, if you have sudden onset orange peel texture/enlarged pores be as gentle as possible on your skin. Use natural oils and natural face washes. THIS is how your skin will heal- and it should heal. I cannot believe the difference once I removed the ceractive.

MY SKIN IS HEALED!!!

My pores are GONE. gone. gone gone.

I stopped everything and ONLY washed by face with raw, local honey- organically harvested and then put on emu oil. Nothing else- not even make up or sunscreen. (stayed home and out of sun- it's dead of winter here) It's been a few days of that- just a few and my skin completely healed. It's dry but there are no pores, I can *barely* barely see the broken caps- very light, the 11's are totally gone. My skin is healed. It's healed. I am SO happy! photos to come.

healed skin

Hope for laser/peel victims.

I know that some of you think that because my damage was from a cream that there is no hope for you. I don't believe that. My damage was bad. I was sickened by it and could not photograph it. I was also in denial and would turn away if a saw it in natural light. My skin, at its worst, looked just like these photos.

Hello everyone!!!

I am SO happy my post is helping so many. And I understand your stress.. it is very scary. But please do whatever you can to stay positive and help yourself through whatever anxiety/depression you are feeling due to your skin. I'd like to go over some things again bc they might have gotten lost in the comments. First- this routine did NOT get rid of my broken caps. It seemed that way at first because the redness diminished so much. But nope. they are still there ( :-( ) I am going to have to laser off those bad boys and that scares me.****** STAY AWAY FROM LASERS AND PEELS IF YOU HAVE ORANGE PEEL SKIN DUE TO INFLAMMATION***** I cannot stress this enough! It will NOT help your skin. No chance. No way. No how. I have read countless doctors say that lasers and peels never shrink pores ANYWAY. And they certainly won't shrink pores that re inflamed because they inflame the skin more. SO please. Please do not do it.

Second.. you must be patient. I have to say I am good at being patient and I really believe that helped me. Don't change up your routine unless your *pores* are getting bigger. If your skin gets dry, etc. keep at it. If the pores stay the same or shrink, keep at it. ANything that makes your pores bigger should be immediately stopped. Check your skin every morning in the natural light by a window where you can really inspect it. It will takes months for your skin to improve with this regime so don't expect miracles over night. Just stick with it.

Remember- your honey should be TOP QUALITY. It must be raw. it MUST be raw. Local. Harvested in ways that do not use pesticides. I would be wary of any honey that claims it's organic. You can't really have organic honey. You want raw honey that is of the best quality. You want to make sure they harvest the honey in the best ways. This is where I get my honey if you want to make sure you are getting the best: http://www.honeyrunfarm.com/ you can buy from here.

Get top notch emu oil too. Do NOT buy it from Amazon or some such place. I buy mine from montana ranch. It should come in a glass bottle not plastic. The emu oil can leach chemicals from plastic bottles.

Be gentle with your skin. Any time you can avoid make up or sunscreen and stay indoors, do it. Give your skin a breather. Wash with luke warm water. Use the raw honey just like you would a cleanser. Don't over apply the emu. You can spot treat acne. I use salcycic acid acne treatments because they are anti-inflammatory. Just spot treat though and do not spread on your face. I hope this helps. I think aloe from an aloe plant might be ok as well. Remember- patience patience patience. And tp quality products. No scrubs. nothing harsh. Raw honey and emu oil- that's it. Your skin will heal. Just give it time! :-)

Keep update

I know I say not use lasers right after I say I am going to use a laser. Sounds stupid right? But I am just going to laser ONE broken cap and see how it goes. If it's ok I will laser the other two. But I will NOT laser any other part of my face. Just where the cap is. I don;t want to do it but these things are permanent and I hate them.

Quick update-

I meant quick update

Another update *PLEASE READ*

I'm getting lots of questions. If you have sudden onset enlarged open pores that look like orange peel texture, this is what you should do:

Wash your face with warm water and RAW (MUST BE RAW!!!) honey. Lightly pat dry.
Apply emu oil that comes from a glass bottle ( NOT plastic) I buy my emu oil from montana ranch

THAT IS IT. That is all you should do . Check your skin every day in the natural light to see how your pores are doing. Your skin might get dry but if your pores are shrinking or at least not getting bigger, keep up this routine. It could take up to 6-9 months for your pores to completely go back to normal. Maybe even longer. Please be patient.

The more stuff you put on your skin the more you will irritate it. Any cream, make up and sunscreen has chemicals that will irritate your pores so avoid them when ever necessary. Now sunscreen is VERY important if you are going to be outside so you must apply it. If you are going to be indoors or at home all day- don't apply make up or sunscreen. Give your skin a break.

Do not use a chemical sunscreen. Use a mineral suncreen with zinc. I use skinceuticals zinc sunscreen. I love it. The sun will inflame your skin and damage it so do not tan, etc. Try and keep your skin out of the sun ( using hats, stand in shade) whenever possible.

Personally, I would not use any creams or any other face washes. I STILL only use raw honey and emu and zinc suncreen with I go out side. That is all I use and my pores are gone. I'm being safe. So just keep it simple. If your skin is really dry, you can add in some aloe directly from an aloe plant. If this makes your pores larger, stop. So, again. Keep it simple, be patient and only use RAW honey and emu oil. That's it. :-) Hope this helps.

emu oil- montana ranch
raw honey- honeyrun farm
suncreen-skinceuticals ultimate uv defense with invisible zinc

I have been using your honey wash/emu oil regime for about three weeks and love it. I do need to wear makeup so I'm unable to use it at night as honey doesn't remove makeup. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can gently remove my face makeup without stripping the skin of its barrier? I would love to be able to wash with the honey and use the emu oil in the evening after cleansing my face of makeup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I love to use a mix of Witch Hazel and Olive Oil (even ratios)
I just started manuka honey and emu oil. I have damaged pores from fraxel. I'm encouraged by what I am seeing so far. I was previously given retina but I feel like it make everything look worse. The honey has cleared up acne in just three days too. I am really praying this continues to get better and better. It's been devastating to have this kind of damage
There is another little-publicized, but significant risk with medium resurfacing. Doctors have discovered that medium resurfacing does not work well on a significant fraction of the population and can make their skin appearance much worse. Even if penetration is not excessive, in some people, particularly those with large pores and a lot of skin oil, the epidermis may not regenerate well, resulting in a much worse surface texture than before the procedure. This is due to variations in the way new epidermal cells grow outward from the pores and sweat gland openings. Also, the basal or bottom layer of the epidermis, which forms new skin cells, may not return to it's normal pre-operative state. Even though wrinkles may be reduced, up close the resulting epidermis may be thin and have an uneven, orange-peel appearance. The pore openings may appear larger than before with tiny fissures around them, particularly in the center of the face. Loss of pigment can also make large pores appear more prominent. If you have any healed abrasions or chemical and thermal burns, you may see a similar difference in texture compared to your normal skin
Amazing post, thank you so much for sharing your skin routine! I was always too scared to put honey on my face until your post convinced me! I've literally only being using the honey cleansing method for 3 days now, and oh my goodness I can't barely believe the transformation of my skin, and only 3 day! MANUKA HONEY = MAGIC! My skin had been acting up so bad in last few months, and I think mainly from overloading with cosmetic products; scrubs, harsh cleansers etc! Seriously though, on Tuesday this week if you looked at my skin you would have seen that I had an acne pimple break-out mess all over my forehead and chin, there must have been at least 50+ pimples all over, it looked disgusting and was getting worse and worse over last few weeks, I hated looking in the mirror, and on top of that I had parched dehydated skin on my cheeks! But now, oh my god NOW, only after using the Manuka honey cleansing for 3 days so far since Wednesday this week, I can't even begin to explain the transformation, my forehead pimples and cheek pimples had just seemed to melt away, seriously disappeared over night, I just can't explain it, how does Honey heal so quickly?? When I wake up in the morning my skin is now so moisturized and soft, to the point that I've decided to skip morning cleansing today, my skin just looked too moist and soft to wash, why take away that barrrier! I think it's true to say that Honey some how magically reinforces the skins natural barrier over night, I've never ever used anything like this before that gives such quick healing results! Thanks you so much #HappyGirl133, this information needs to be shared with the world, we are all sucked into buying the expensive cosmetic brand cleansers, brand marketing, gosh I've spent hundreds of Euros over the years buying high-end cleansers and I'm obssessed with skincare, and none of the cleansers have given anywhere near the results of honey, natural is the way to go! It's frigtheing with guilt sometimes that I'm possibly causing damage to my skin using cosmetic brands and harsh products, I don't know we all do it, trying out the latest targeted skincared products! I spent last night researching Honey on the internet, and was amazed to read the list of benefits, DID YOU KNOW: Honey contains a natural gluconic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy with natural exfoliation, who knew! Additionaly Manuka honey is packed with vitamins, a good source of Vitamin C, super for anti-aging and acne! Honey also works as a humectant, drawing moisture into the skin, so soft and baby skin! Honey helps to repair cell damage and reduce acne scarring, and deeply nourishes, even some medical journals claim an 85 % success rate in clearing up skin infections and wounds! Simply, who knew!!! Mind blowing!! I'm going to continue to use Manuka honey for the next few weeks and see what happens, I guess everyone's skin will react different, I've see results in just a few days, it might take longer for others depending on the severity of pimples! But keep it up! I've heard people talk about adding cinnamon or lemon to Honey wash, but I'm a bit afraid to try it, had anyone had any experience with this method? I'm using Manuka honey, I'm not sure where to buy 'raw' honey as other people suggested, but Manuka honey is working for me right now! Other sources on the internet suggest that possibly Manuka Honey out perfroms raw honey, due to MethylGlyoxal / MGL contained in Manuka honey which has powerful infection killing abilities. Many thanks again #HappyGirl133
Hi and thank you for your post. I need to try this: my pores are HUGE! Where do you buy Manuka Honey? I looked on the internet but I was wondering if maybe local health food stores might have it. I want to begin this right away!!! Thanks again
This is great, thanks for Sharing!! Where did you get the .5mm dermaroller? ….I can only find the .2mm.
Hi Happygirl33, I've read this blog so many times and have really tried to try this method to heal my skin that is exactly how yours was. Every time I try it I give up after a few days because my skin feels really dry. How long did it take you until you started to notice the healing and pores and lines improving? On top of the pores I can see loads of small lines going in all different directions, and pores joining up to form lines. Hope you can help
Hi #Fairydust2, my skin sounds similar to yours, pimples, fine-line, pores-connected together, almost like little tunnels on the skin. I don't know what causes the joined pores, these little lines! I've studied some of my friends faces, and they also have them. So it seems to be common, mine are more obvious when my skin is parched and very dehydrated, so maybe it's a result of damage from dehydration. that's what I think anyway. However there is hope, since using Manka honey and a simple moisturiser like Diprobase Cream (emollient targeted for dermatitis, cheaply bought in pharmacy), only using these products for a few days this week and I've seem a massive improvement! Mainly from the Manuka honey (the Diprobase cream is just a simple emollient to combat dehydration and dryness). the honey cleansing has mad sure a difference to moisture levels in skin, the pores and lines are not as obvious anymore, as they are plumped with moisture, Hope this helps, like I said I really firmly believe that dehydration and dryness really show's up these pores and line, like the stop barrier layer of the skin has been removed! So it's all about restoring the natural moisture barrier layer of the skin. Honestly I've seen a huge improvement in just a few days. All the best!
Hi MissAtomicBomb, thanks for your comment! I'm trying really hard at the moment, and sticking with the Honey and Emu oil. My skin around every pore just looks puffed up to make them look deep and dehydrated lines all over my forehead. There's no redness on my skin at all. This all happened I think, after I used a cream called Strivectin. This cream made 3 acne scars on my face resurface, which I couldn't understand. Before this I had absolutely no acne scars. So, from there I went wrong and started to try and get rid of them by using scrubs, castor oil, things with acids, retinol but I used these things on my entire face. Then I had a go at the dreaded Dermarolling, which made my skin so dry it felt like sand paper, and did nothing to help my skin at all. From there Iv'e just watch my skin get worse and worse. I totally believe it's to do with inflammation and damaged skin barrier. I'm also using Cerave pm after the Emu oil, not sure if I should be using this and if it is keeping my skin from healing, but I thought it my repair the skin barrier and help it grow back healthy. I regret the very moment I started using anything on my face, and am very down everyday as I try and repair the damage that has happened to my skin.
Well I'm very sorry for everything you've gone through. I know it can be so frustrating and depressing because all you want to do is find something that works and stick with it. I was looking into derma rolling so if you don't mind if I ask you a question? Did you do the Drema rolling yourself or did you go to a professional dermatologists office? What size roller did you use? And did you use anything topical after the derma rolling that was supposed to be stem cell-based or vitamin C ?based? Have you been taking anything that is supposed to help tissue repair internally such as alpha lopic acid ?
Hi, thanks for your comment, I did it myself and used a 1mm roller with a vitamin c serum which irratated my face so much I couldn't bare it and I have tried to take Alpha Lipoic Acid but I have a stomach ulcer and it irritates my stomach, so I had to go back to drawing board after making things worse.
Hi, Allowing your skin to heal naturally is the best option. My advice is eat food that are healing from the inside rather than finding topical products to fix the problem. Many processed food cause inflammation and hence ages the body. After trying many topical products and nothing worked I have changed my diet completely. I am gluten and diary free. I rarely eat sweets and consume a lot of vegetable, grains and organic meat products ( chicken and beef). I make my own probiotics and drink plenty of it. I got rid of all the plastic and ceramic (may contain lead) and switched to glassware. know it is a drastic change and I did it because I want to heal my skin! I destroyed my skin's natural barrier from years of over exfoliation. I travel to Europe 2x a year and I sweat alot so the sunscreen doe not help and I was (better now) not always good about wearing a hat. I got sunspots easily because my skin was already over exfoliated and I wanted the spots gone so I started on Obagi C serum w/ hydroquinone two years ago. This product created more spots so I stopped using it and turned to Tretinoin Cream .025%. Late December I used baking soda as a mask and it burnt off my skin's natural barrier. My skin was red around my sinuses for 4 months and once I got rid of the redness I noticed my pores look LARGER and I have vertical lines around my sinus area when I smile. I was (am) mortified!!! I tried everything (manuka honey, raw honey, emu, hemp oil, Biafine, argan oil, coconut oil) to get rid of the redness and to heal my skin. Once I got rid of the redness I was anxious to get rid of the tunnels (deep lines) so I started using a Vitamin C serum and hyaluronic acid (alternate). My skin got REALLY dry and my laugh lines look even worse than before. I discontinued using the serums after 2 weeks of use and went back to the basics (argan oil, Cerve, emu oil, plus boatloads of anti oxidant supplements). Now my skin has improved and the natural barrier is slowly returning. I have a glow back on my cheeks. There are shiny (new skin) patches throughout so that is a good sign. The lines around the sinuses (next to nose on both sides, above the laugh lines) are still there and my skin is still really dry. It could be due to hormones and aging (late 30s). I saw a dermatologist last month and she said I do not have any sun damage on my forehead and the sun damage on my face is a level 3 so she is not concerned at all. It is hard for me to accept 'aging' as the cause because my mom is 63 and her skin's natural barrier is intact. She has a glow on her entire face while my skin is DRY and lined. It is frustrating because all the time and resources I spent for beautiful skin (damaged it in the process) not to mention the time it robbed from me. I became a hermit and rarely go out because I do not want people to see the lines on my face!! I hope with persistence and patience my face will return to normal or it could be part of life because I am getting old! Hang in there as you are not alone in your quest for good skin. I know it is frustrating because as we get older our bodies take longer to heal and we want instant results.
Jetsetterjr, your progress sounds promising! What order do you use the Emu Oil, Argan and Cerave in? What your daily routine? And what Anti oxidants? Sorry for all the questions x
Hi fairydust2, Here is my daily routine: AM Acure superfruit & chlorella cleansing gel (combo to oily). I find this cleanser very drying but it smells very good! Or Acure argan oil & mint facial cleansing creme (normal to dry) Rose water toner Argan oil Cerve Neutrogena Ultrasheer sunscreen PM Acure superfruit & chlorella cleansing gel (combo to oily) or Acure Argan oil & mint facial cleansing creme (normal to dry). Turmeric, brown rice and milk mask every other day (note: turmeric stains everything & tough to remove unless you deal with it immediately) Rose water toner Organic Rosehip seed oil Organic & unrefined argan oil (i use this or emu oil after the rosehip seed oil on nights I use the turmeric mask, otherwise, I use just one oil). I have been using this routine for over a month now and my skin is much better. I still have huge pores and lines around the sinus area when I smile but overall the skin texture has improved and I am getting a glow back slowly. Here is a list of anti oxidants that I take. I have been taking these for over 2 years and I do notice a difference. The other contributing factors are diet and lifestyle. I exercise 3x a week and live a fairly balanced life. Hyaluronic acid, alpha-lipoic acid, photoceramide, COQ10, garlic, ginger, green tea, vitamin E (Tocopherol), pomegranate extract, flax seed oil, mega EPA/DHA & pycnogenol
not sure what is wrong with the formatting. hope this makes sense.
Thank you so much for your post. This is my exact skin which has been this way from a microdermabrasion I done two and one half years ago. I have been to several dermatologists, plastic surgeons, rheumatologist, ENT, endocrinologist to check out every possible reason I would have this reaction. After the second year of the orange peel skin, my entire face has started to swell, inside and outside. The inside of my cheeks have accumulated so much puffiness that I look like I am taking steroids when I smile. A top dermatologist in Boston has never seen anything like it. Everything you are saying...creams, sunscreen, make up, makes it worse. I am ordering the Emu oil and buying raw honey tomorrow. If this works, you are saving my life. I have been in a deep depression and for over two years since this happened. Not one doctor has any idea what to do or why it happened. Thank you.
If you are sure of the brand of filler used in your injections I would also contact the company. Do you have pictures of before and after to send them? Most places do take pictures. It sounds like an allergic reaction or that your immune system may be attacking it like an injury causing edema? Did anyone try to inject you hyaluronidase to see maybe your body did not dissolve the fillers as most do with time. I am so sorry this has happened but all negative reactions should be reported to the doctor, manufacturers , and FDA. Best of luck
This reaction was from microdermabrasion. i had a total of six of them for small sun spots. The last one was the only one with a negative reaction. The edema is most likely the dermis trying to heal the skin damage. Small cysts under cheek bones showed to be reaction to trauma of the skin. I had complete rheumatology and endocrinology work up to see if their was an immune response of some kind. All labs, ultra sound and MRI were negative. The third dermatologist I saw in Boston who has seen every possible adverse reaction to cosmetic procedures has never seen it before and after steroids and creams, Allegra for the edema, it remains swollen, orange peel skin, discolored with scarring all over face. It feels like a sunburn but is not red. The plastic surgeons office who did the procedure totally blew me off and said there was nothing they could do, and never contacted me again. I have been a doctor junkie for two plus years trying to find someone who can give me some help. I have pictures of myself before and am horrified of pictures since the incident. I am very depressed and anti social. Microdermabrasion is not an invasive procedure but something was done in the last treatment that was not done in the first five that destroyed my skin. Thank you for your comment.
I know it seems so frustrating when you go from one doctor to another and they always say I've never seen this before I can't imagine how this can happen. It's so frustrating. Have you thought about going to a doctor that is holistic? Really trying something that's not invasive that might be able to deal with inflammation in the body through supplements vitamins I know you will probably try anything to help yourself it's only a suggestion and worth a try western medicine doesn't have an answer. And you've tried acupuncture?
No I haven't. That is a good idea. I never thought of it for this kind of situation. It certainly cannot hurt. I have done everything medically. I take many vitamins and supplements and am giving the raw honey and emu oil, zinc sunscreen a try. Thank you for your suggestions.
Goldie, maybe you should try taking calcium bentonite clay orally. I have had hair loss where the top of my scalp was always painful. I also had super sensitive skin, which was very puffy, inflamed and itchy. It healed me inside out and my skin is less inflamed and my scalp does not hurt anymore.
Wow! Are you actually ingesting 'clay'? I can't take regular calcium supplements as my blood calcium levels increase. I will google it and see what is says. I am up for trying just about anything as my face condition has worsened since the original microdermabrasion was done. It is depressing. Thank you for the suggestion.
Just as an addition to Ny9's comment: there are two types of Bentonite clay, one for external use only and one for oral use, so check the instructions first :)