Hoping to See Good Results! - Worcester, MA

I just had my Ultherapy today. I am 60 years old...

I just had my Ultherapy today. I am 60 years old and want to explore all non-surgical options for facial rejuvenation. I opted to have my entire face and neck done. It was painful in spots, but not unbearable. The whole thing took about 1 1/2 hours. (I was given a single Atavan tablet 1/2 hour head of the Ultherapy, which helped)

Following the Ultherapy, which was performed by a technician, I received several injections of Perlane in my tear troughs, my temples and along the jaw line. (Please note that the cost I listed included $2400 for the fillers)

Right now my whole face is sore, warm to the touch and bruised in many areas. The technician administered the Ultherapy to the right side of my face first. I then held an iced gel pack to that side of my face while the work was done on the left side. The icing was quite effective as I have little bruising on the right but about half of my left side is marked by pale purple blotches. So, my advice would be to ice the treated areas as soon as possible.

I was a little nervous about the injections in the tear troughs based on reviews I read on this site but those seemed to have been done without bruising.

I see some benefit from the procedures - probably initially from the fillers. But since my whole face is sore,bruised and a little puffy, it's hard to tell. The results of the Ultherapy are supposed to happen slowly over the next 3 months so it is definitely too soon to tell if this experience was worth the pain and the money.

I won't rate Dr. Fechner until I see how I look in a few days. Before pictures were taken and after pictures will be taken in 3 weeks at my follow-up visit. I will post them then.

Although I haven't reached the magic 3 month mark...

Although I haven't reached the magic 3 month mark when the Ultherapy is supposed to be optimized, my results are already noticeable. I went for a follow-up at about six weeks and had pictures taken so I could compare before and after. I think the pictures will speak for themselves. I would have liked a little more tightening in the under chin waddle,but maybe that is yet to come.
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose this doctor because not many offer Ultherapy in my area. There was a doctor who was closer to me but he was a GP who added facial plastic surgery to his repertoire. I wanted a doctor who was Board certified in facial plastic surgery. I had an initial session with Dr. Fechner before scheduling the procedure and I looked at any on-line ratings of him that I could find.

I had mine yesterday and I am bruising on the chin side. It looks quite ugly and is of course numb now. It is also quite swollen so it looks like my face is square rather than round. I was told this will subside in 3 days so I am anxious about this. I hope it is really worth the pain and the money. Will keep you posted again on results after a few days.

hi anon927, your results look very good...and they are supposed to get even better going forward, right? how many cc of fillers did you get, and does the $5300 includes all the fillers?
Hello Anon! Yes, thank you. It was more of a feeling of intense sentitivity. I can't see any difference yet. I thought I did yesterday but I think I am looking too hard. I didn't have any sagging, just a feeling of laxity when I touched my lower face (more jello-like than firm). Also, the left side of my face is very different from my right, with a deep NL fold and a malar pad positioned lower and towards the front. Also, I have a small indented scar on the left jawline, which makes the area immediately behind it look like a pouch, even though it isn't. It was mainly this area that I hoped would (or hope will) benefit. Too early to post befores and afters, but I will. I'm glad your face is less bruised. That must have been nasty when you're expecting to walk out looking like a goddess ;)
Hi anon, I feel bad for you. I haven't heard of bruising with Ultherapy either. What did the doc say? (I assume you meant yesterday.) I thought you might like to know that on day 4 my neck started to hurt like heck when I washed, or even touched it, and has remained painful. Strange, isn't it, that I felt nothing for three days? We all react differently, I guess.
Antoniag, Has your pain subsided now? I hope so!
My bruises are almost gone now - they are at that lovely yellowish stage, which means I'm almost back to normal. Although I complained about the bruises, I was assured that although extensive bruising was unusual, the bruises would be gone within two weeks. I still feel a little soreness along the jawline, but other than that and the faint bruise remains, I'm fine. I look a little better than I did before the treatment, but that may be from the fillers. It's still a little too early to tell if Ultherapy was a good investment.
Anon, that is strange about the bruising. I had Ultherapy three days ago and I bruise very easily as well. My husband jokes that I just have to look at a coffee table and to get bruises on my shins. However, I didn't get even one tiny bruise. The technician really squeezed my face too. I am wondering if your treatment was deeper than mine in some way. I am 60 as well. I look forward to seeing your pics. I don't get a follow-up (at least, none was mentioned) so I will have to rely on my Canon. Good luck!
Antoniag, I am wondering if the technician did a really bad job giving me the Ulterapy. Hardly anyone on this site has mentioned extensive bruising so I guess my experience is far from normal. I'm at day three now and I feel like I can't leave the house. My entire face is bruised.....eye sockets, cheeks, forehead, and especially along the entire jawline. There are big purple welts on my neck and my face is quite swollen. Yesterday I went to the mall and spent $200 on concealing makeup but it only helps a little bit. I can't imagine that I will be able to go to work on Monday. I'm going to complain loud and clear to the doctor on Monday!
I woke up today to extensive bruising over my entire face and neck. I look like I was in a bad car accident. I will point out that I bruise easily, but this is far more extensive than even I thought possible. Bruising wasn't often mentioned as a problem on this site, but I was still concerned about it. Although I was told it was a possible side effect, my experience indicates that is a probable side effect, not just a possible one. I expect that these bruises will take 10 days or more to go away. So, as a warning to others, expect to be unsightly for several days after your Ultherapy treatment.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry to hear how bruised you are. Hopefully you can lay low for a few days till it mainly subsides, as I'm guessing it can't really be covered with makeup very easily(?).

That is so interesting about the different amounts of bruising you have due to icing the left & the right side differently. Thank you so much for sharing that!

How is your face feeling today?