Hoping to See Good Results! - Worcester, MA

I just had my Ultherapy today. I am 60 years old...

I just had my Ultherapy today. I am 60 years old and want to explore all non-surgical options for facial rejuvenation. I opted to have my entire face and neck done. It was painful in spots, but not unbearable. The whole thing took about 1 1/2 hours. (I was given a single Atavan tablet 1/2 hour head of the Ultherapy, which helped)

Following the Ultherapy, which was performed by a technician, I received several injections of Perlane in my tear troughs, my temples and along the jaw line. (Please note that the cost I listed included $2400 for the fillers)

Right now my whole face is sore, warm to the touch and bruised in many areas. The technician administered the Ultherapy to the right side of my face first. I then held an iced gel pack to that side of my face while the work was done on the left side. The icing was quite effective as I have little bruising on the right but about half of my left side is marked by pale purple blotches. So, my advice would be to ice the treated areas as soon as possible.

I was a little nervous about the injections in the tear troughs based on reviews I read on this site but those seemed to have been done without bruising.

I see some benefit from the procedures - probably initially from the fillers. But since my whole face is sore,bruised and a little puffy, it's hard to tell. The results of the Ultherapy are supposed to happen slowly over the next 3 months so it is definitely too soon to tell if this experience was worth the pain and the money.

I won't rate Dr. Fechner until I see how I look in a few days. Before pictures were taken and after pictures will be taken in 3 weeks at my follow-up visit. I will post them then.

Do you have an update of results?
Hello Anon! Yes, thank you. It was more of a feeling of intense sentitivity. I can't see any difference yet. I thought I did yesterday but I think I am looking too hard. I didn't have any sagging, just a feeling of laxity when I touched my lower face (more jello-like than firm). Also, the left side of my face is very different from my right, with a deep NL fold and a malar pad positioned lower and towards the front. Also, I have a small indented scar on the left jawline, which makes the area immediately behind it look like a pouch, even though it isn't. It was mainly this area that I hoped would (or hope will) benefit. Too early to post befores and afters, but I will. I'm glad your face is less bruised. That must have been nasty when you're expecting to walk out looking like a goddess ;)
Hi anon, I feel bad for you. I haven't heard of bruising with Ultherapy either. What did the doc say? (I assume you meant yesterday.) I thought you might like to know that on day 4 my neck started to hurt like heck when I washed, or even touched it, and has remained painful. Strange, isn't it, that I felt nothing for three days? We all react differently, I guess.

Although I haven't reached the magic 3 month mark...

Although I haven't reached the magic 3 month mark when the Ultherapy is supposed to be optimized, my results are already noticeable. I went for a follow-up at about six weeks and had pictures taken so I could compare before and after. I think the pictures will speak for themselves. I would have liked a little more tightening in the under chin waddle,but maybe that is yet to come.
the bruising is from the injections...not the ultherapy....
I had this done last year and experienced no bruising although I normally bruise very easily.
I had this done last year and experienced no bruising. I also bruise easily. In fact, I just had sinus surgery and bruised quite badly on one side. ,
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose this doctor because not many offer Ultherapy in my area. There was a doctor who was closer to me but he was a GP who added facial plastic surgery to his repertoire. I wanted a doctor who was Board certified in facial plastic surgery. I had an initial session with Dr. Fechner before scheduling the procedure and I looked at any on-line ratings of him that I could find.