17 Years Old, Big Ole' Broken Nose - Worcester, MA

I've broken my nose probably twice or more, I was...

I've broken my nose probably twice or more, I was just to shake it off and I'd be fine, no hospital visit necessary! Thus the bump and crookedness, I also have a lot of german in me so my nose was gonna be rather prominent. So middle school started and I had a big, bumped, only somewhat breathable, crooked nose. I've been self-conscious every since the teasing started in the 5th grade. No one really teased me so much in high school, except myself. I've always believed looks aren't as important as personality and confidence, but my low self-esteem kept my from developing either. The surgery was a last resort, but so far I don't regret it one bit. I feel better, because I did this for myself not anyone else, this is the way I'll finally find a way to be comfortable with myself. I now have no excuses to hold me back anymore

SO. SWOLLEN.

so yesterday I got home, I felt great! only minor discomfort and no bruising. So the first night went great.
This morning I woke up and that's when things got worse... My eyes are swollen all around and bruised, my nose is very much in pain and uncomfortable. I'm taking Oxycodon, but it only dulls the pain slightly. I'm icing my face constantly and praying for a better tomorrow!

Day 3 STILL. SWOLLEN.

Busing and swelling is only getting worse, hopefully things can only get better soon. I'm using lots of ice, lots of meds, and plenty of sleep.

Day 4 less swollen

There's a lot less swelling, and my bruising is a bit better. I finally got to take bath, but I think the heat made me swell a bit, regardless I feel a lot cleaner! My head has been hurting off and on all day and I feel insanely congested. The sinus pressure is keeping me from sleeping.

Day 5 Feeling better!

My headache is gone, Im a lot less swollen and bruised, and I feel almost no pain. My nose is still pretty stuffy and sore. The tip of my nose it kind of discolored and slightly blue, I'm guessing it's bruising since I had an open rhinoplasty, I hope thats normal? My stitches on my septum are kind of swollen, I think I've been cleaning it to much.

Day 7

So bruising and swelling is down a lot, almost gone. I'm a little upset though, my septum has a become hard and swollen just above my stitches from the open rhinoplasty. From what I've read, it my may be excess scare tissue and I would need another procedure to get it fixed? I was really hoping that part of the process was over, if thats so I'd have to admit I'm pretty disappointed... Other than that I seem to be doing well as the swelling goes down.

Feeling better, cast off tomorrow!

No more cast

The cast removal when well, I cried like a baby when he removed the splints. It hurt a lot more than I expected. So when he remove the cast and the splints the swelling wasn't that bad, but it's been about 8 hours since and my swelling is really bad. I know it'll go away, but in these picture I have a bit a sausage nose

Sadly swelling can stay for 3 months

Getting used to it, but apparently it's going to keep changing haha

e.g.