Restylane Under Eyes After Rhinoplasty - Worcester, MA

Don't do it! I had restylane injected under my...

Don't do it! I had restylane injected under my eyes after a successful rhinoplasty. DO NOT DO IT! The doctor who injected me did it too superficially, and after a month I knew the blue I was noticing under my eyes was no longer swelling/bruising but the product itself. You can literally run your fingers under my eyes and feel the bumbs and watch it move. It's disgusting, and now I am left spending 20-30 extra mins trying to cover it up, and under superficial light it looks much much worse. Not to mention I'm out 700 bucks! I went to two dermatologists who immediately knew what it was, took pictures, and basically said "what a shame!!" I called the doc and they said it prob wasn't true. but they can dissolve it. No thanks. I am not putting any more needles under my eyes. Not to mention the enzyme that they use to dissolve it is known to affect your natural collagen. So now it's just a waiting game hoping this doesn't last much longer.

After careful massaging and several dermatologist visits the product is dissolving and not as noticeable as it was before. I do not recommend using any fillers under the eyes. Start with creams, serums etc. I found some great products to tighten and lighten the skin as I went through this and I'm starting to look like myself again.
May I ask you what products you have found that Titan and lighten the skin under your eyes?

What a bummer to feel like things look worse instead of better. :( Sorry to hear.

The blue is called Tyndall Effect. Here is a Q&A for anyone interested in learning a bit more about it:

Latent Bruising or Tyndall Effect Following Restylane Under Eyes?

butterflymarie, if you are interested in dissolving the filler this Q&A might be reassuring to you:

Does Hyaluronidase Remove the Original Collagen in the Under Eye Area if Used to Dissolve Juverderm?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what changes you see.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon