Why Can't I Get Rid of This Stomach? - 41yrs. Old Time for Tummy Tuck - Woodbury, NY

Hello Everyone, My name is Wendy. I am 41 years...

Hello Everyone, My name is Wendy. I am 41 years old and decided after having kids, loosing 70lbs. which I kept off for over 3 years, and working out an hour a day 6 days a week to do something about the loose hanging skin and fat I cannot shed any other way beside a tummy tuck. My decision has been rather quick. I knew I wasn't loosing any more weight even though I was trying so hard ......practically staving my self and doing zumba and pound 6 days a week. The summer was coming and I knew I would have the proper time to recover so I made my final decision in May 2014 and booked my surgery July 2nd 2014.

13 Days Post Op Pics

So unhappy with results so far. I'm the same weight and yet wider around every part of my belly. I'd like to believe this is all swelling and I won't look pregnant and everything will smooth out in a few weeks, but honestly I'm very pessimistic when I see the photos of others. Nobody else seems to have this:( I don't know when I should start to really worry and compain but it's very depressing.

How can I need more post op tummy tuck lipo after my surgery? unhappy with my results so far:(

Today is day 16 post op of my tummy tuck. My doctor who is voted the "top plastic surgeon" , on long island told me I would need lipo to my "side's" a year or two later after my tummy tuck. I know someone else who had the same ps and needed the same thing. I guess his reasoning had to do with interfering with the blood vessels in healing. He said he could tell I would need post op lipo immediately, because of my shape. Anyway he says he was only able to take out 40cc's of fat through lipo during my tummy tuck. I really didn't think much of it and just thought I'd be happy to get rid of my loose hanging flap. But now I'm 16 days post op and feel like I don't look like anyone else:'( there is a very prominent ridge or what I describe as a higher&harder flap ab. I don't think it's gonna smooth out and flatten. I could deal with extra fat on my side's but it appears in the front and not flat. I definitely don't look like most people 2 weeks post op:'( I've also seen doctors respond to other posts, that it's very rare to need post op lipo after a tummy tuck but yet the top ps on LI it seems pretty standard. I'm really upset, I just wanted this done and behind me. I can't really afford another procedure or want to risk my life again for cosmetic surgery.

Day 17 post op

Today is day 17 post op. Feeling good and a lot less swollen. My weight is down by 5lbs. Which I'm very happy about since I've been just sitting around and not exercising or doing a good job tracking what I eat. But I Still have the ridge which I'm still not happy with and can't see it smoothing out.

Day 21 post op

I can wear underwear and see my privates LOL. Things are looking better and feeling better everyday. I saw my ps 2 days ago and he says everything looks good and I'm still swollen but I should be flat once I'm healed and the swelling is down :D. I was very happy to hear that. I will still need lipo in a year or so but feeling like I'm getting to where I want to be:) I can finally feel my hips and see a contour..... yay! My stomach is softening as well. Those showers and self messages really help. Also I walked a mile yesterday. ... so happy to be getting healthier by the day.

28 Days Post Op

Getting happier by the week :) swelling is down a lot. I can't believe my before and after pics. There is a huge difference. I'm still a little bummed cause I'm not completely flat but it seems every week that passes I get flatter and flatter. I hope I still have a lot more swelling in a way so at least I know I will get flatter.

7 1/2 weeks post op

Well I'm really starting to get flat LMAO only problem is I'm getting fat and lazy from this recovery. All I want to do is go out to dinner and drink LOL. I'm really starting to fell like myself and the swelling is way down. I hope I can get my diet and exercise back under control. I think my doctor was right I will definitely need lipo. In a year or so.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Not able to rate the final outcome yet. Did not pass full recovery time