Wondering About Drainage - Smart Lipo

I had smartlipo on Friday on my stomach, inner...

I had smartlipo on Friday on my stomach, inner & outer thighs, love handles and under my bra strap. The procedure itself wasn't that bad, although there were some periods of discomfort. Yesterday I felt like I had been beaten up, but today I feel much better and haven't taken any pain medication.

First let me say that I wondered with all the areas done, was 2 liters really enough to take out? Seems to me that there should've been more. And I haven't had any drainage whatsoever. That seems a little weird to me also since I read so much about it prior and was very prepared for it. Has anyone else had the same experience?

It's only been 2 days and so far, I'm not really seeing the results. My doctor said that it would take up to 5 days to start seeing it so I'm trying to be patient. I'll check back in after day 5 but am giving it a thumbs up for now.

Dr. Alanso at Monarch Med Spa

Hi Pooke Bear, Thanks for your post. How long did the procedure take and how much did it cost? Were you able to drive home? How much were you able to move around? Would you recommend the clinic? Oh, and where did they place the incisions? Thanks!!!
I took my daughter with me just in case. I probably could have driven home but I didn't want to chance it because I am over an hour away from them and thought I would play it safe. I would have to say that there was a little more pain than I anticipated because I felt that I had such a high tolerance for pain that it wouldn't hurt so much, but I am on day 6 and while I am still sore I can bend a lot better, get in and out of the car without to much discomfort and can almost tie my shoes without pain. I was able to move around okay but was really sore. I laid around for the first two days and then moved around on the third. I did light exercises on the 3rd day by doing some step exercises on the Wii Fit. Then on the 4th day....I went for a walk and did the faster step program on the Wii Fit. I really think that the moving around helped a lot with the soreness. SO I am continuing to do light exercising. I do have swelling and am still a bit sore but I must admit that today was a lot better. The incisions are very small in two on the lower abs and two on the upper. The procedure took about 3 and a half to 4 hours. I am really happy with my results so far. I could immediately tell a difference because I was carrying around this huge stomach and looked pregnant. While I am not flat (nor do I expect to be) I am definitely a lot thinner. The pants I am wearing right now used to be really tight on me and now are really loose.
I had my upper and lower abs and love handles done at the MD Rejuvenation clinic in Columbia MD. I just had mine done two days ago and I can see the results. already.
Hi Mom of Four, You can search for MD SmartLipo providers in our doctor directory: MD SmartLipo. There are a few listed. Hope this helps, --Sharon
Hi Sharon, Do you know why the smartlipo website does not list all of the places where the procedure can be done? It doesn't list any locations in the DC/MD/VA area, yet I see on realself that there are places here. I'm concerned that maybe there's a difference between who's listed on their site vs. any other places that offer the procedure. Any thoughts??
Hi Mom of Four, I don't know. The SmartLipo site may have different criteria, such as requiring an advertising fee from doctors to be listed (the "Physicians Only" link sounds like a sales pitch to me). Your best course of action would be to contact a doctor (or a few) in the Delmarva area and ask them about it. If they're qualified, they should have a good answer for you. Cheers, --Sharon
Did you have your procedure done in Maryland? I can't seem to find any Dr.s in Maryland and am looking at doctors in NY and CT. How many follow-up appointments did your doc recommend and in what intervals? Thanks!
I went to the doctor yesterday and I have to admit that after seeing my before photos, there really is a big difference. He tells me that final results could take up to 6 months and that I will continue to see results. I sure hope he's right. I think they said to wear the compression garment for 14 days, but I will continue to wear mine if I will continue to see results.
I am now 18 days post op and am STIll SORE, but no pain. I can bend with ease and getting in and out of the car is no problem anymore. I have tons of hard lumps though. I message a lot but as of rite now, I truly don't see what I thought I would see by now. I went to my 2 week post op and my doc said I look great and to give it one more month...uugghhhh. Hope he is rite.
I had smart lipo on my stomach,love handles and fat back around my waist. He took 2 liters that equals 8 lbs. I saw a difference immediately. I had lots of drainage that just stopped today. I am swollen but never had much pain. Just not real sure how long to wear compression garment. I'm not sure they told me, but I was a little dingy after procedure.
At three days out, I saw no results at all. I am starting to see some, but again not as much as I think I should. Go to the doc on Saturday so I'll check back in after that.
I'm glad to hear you say that. I am on day 13 and was getting completely frustrated because I am not seeing the results I thought I should. I do have some hard lumps in the top of my stomach and on the sides, but I guess that's normal. I got my stitches out a few days ago, but don't go for my official post op until Saturday. Will update then.
I'm three days out and still very swollen. A little worried, but pretty sure it's normal. I see that a lot of people see results right away...but I'm a little worst then before it seems. Hope it helps. =-)
My proceedure took 3 to 3 1/2 hours. They took out 1500cc's ( have no clue how much that even is). I am on post op day 12 and swelling is down a lot, but not completely. All my clothes still fit really tight. I have lots of hard lumps and bumps. I am going for my post-op appt. tonight so I will see what the doc. says.
It took two hours. Friday made a week and I can't say I don't see any results, but not as much as I would like to for the amount of money I spent. I'm still hoping...
How long did the procedure take? This will give you a good indication. I hear that to get all of it takes time.
Thank you all for your comments. I'm on day 5 and still haven't had any drainage and only slight changes. I'm shocked when you say 5 liters. I had all those areas and they only took 2. I wonder if I wasn't cheated a bit. Hmmm.
Hi, I had smartlipo on my upper and lower abs and flanks one week ago today. I hardly had any drainage either. I drained when I first got home for a couple of hours and then nothing else. I was also wondering if that was OK. A week later I am still very swollen and just hope that it will definently go down.....
I also had smart lipo about 2.5 weeks ago. I had drainage the first day and then nothing after. I had hips, outer thigh and flanks done. One side is still swollen. They had to take more from one side then the other. I am starting to hope they really did even it out. One side had more fat then the other. I had an ultrasound a week ago and that did help with the swelling a little but I am still uneven. Any thoughts?
I had a full thigh job (front, back, inner, outer) 7/1. Had enough drainage the evening of the procdure to soak through the dressings and a pad on the bed. By day 2 it had pretty much stopped. Don't give up on the results thing. I'm now 5 1/2 mos. out and still seeing changes. Hang in there and good luck.
Hi, I had just my inner/outer thighs done, they took out 4 litres and I drained like a river...I do mean river for five days I had to change overnight maxi pads on my legs every 2 hours. I hope this helps.