Please Let This Turn out Okay! - Worcester, MA

So...like most everyone else on here...I hate my...

So...like most everyone else on here...I hate my nose...have since I was a teenager and others made me aware of it. Now that I'm gonna be 50...I've decided to do something about it...go figure it took me long enough, eh! I'm starting to freak out alittle bit more now that the surgery is less than a month away! I pray to god that I don't look like a freak after. My main concern is that my skin sucks, meaning I have really sensitive thin skin with broken capillaries. I just don't want the cast to come off and see some big honking blue or deep red vein going thru it. I've gotten ipl treatments which have helped but they keep coming back...especially the ones on my bridge...probably because the skin stretches beyond believe over that big nasty hump! lol
I haven't announced it to the whole small town, but I certainly will own it because let's be real...how can I not! No, I didn't have surgery, I just woke up one morning and that nasty hump was gone. LOL ...opinions are like assholes...everyones got one, right? They can talk after its over.
Anyhoo....my pre-op is next Wednesday! Yikes! I'm trying to do everything right so I heal normally. I'd really rather not look like I got the crap kicked out of my face for months. And I do realize that I will probably bruise more than anyone has ever seen...lol.
Well...okay that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I did have a dream the other night that I saw my new nose in a window reflection and it was lovely. Hoping that's a prelude to the actual event!
I'm so glad I found this site and for all the brave folks who put up pictures and give blow by blow details. I did opt for the hiding of my face...well kinda.
Oh I'm getting a closed rhino.
Thanks again!

Please let this turn out Okay!

So I had my pre OP this past week. Over 7 hrs of drivng, yuck. Probably could have done it by Skype....lol..I hate driving to the city! Have 4 scripts to fill. Starting to feel like its becoming more of a reality. I keep thinking..hey a month from now, this will be over and my cast will even be off. Or the next time I see a certain client, I'll have my new nose..etc. it's alittle stressful I guess...only when I think about it! I'm pretty much just getting the hump removed and not any tip work so hopefully it won't be too complicated. He never mentioned rib or graphs so I'm thinking its pretty straightforward. Well rock on follow nose mates!

Two sleeps away!

Well my surgery is in two days...can't believe it's happening after thinking about it nonstop since May! I'm still anxious about the bruising/capillary thing but I need to believe it will be okay...or at the very least anything icky can be IPL'd away. Like everyone else I want to get the surgery, get my cast removed and never have to make that drive again...lol. I got all my scripts filled, bought the needed supplies, put a message on my business phone saying my shop is closed til the 23rd, gotta clean my house and do laundry. I have a friend staying at my house over night tomorrow to babysit my mini dog farm(3 goldens) because I'm staying overnight close to the doctors since the surgery is at 7:15. Tomorrow will be crazy cause I've got to go to one clients and make sure everything is done since I will be gone for 9 days. I couldn't possibly take 2 wks off from them.
I should make some soup today because I probably won't feel like it after the surgery and it would be smarter on my part to just be able to heat up something liquid and nutritious. I will also visit my mom...I haven't told her about it because she has dementia and just wouldn't be able to understand. I speak with her daily so it's not uncommon if she doesn't physically see me for a week....as long as we talk she's happy.
The first week I plan on being a couch potato baby! I never get to do that so hopefully I won't go totally nuts! I've never had to lay low for so long as I'm kind of go go go person...should be interesting. I'm thinking its going to more difficult than I think.
Sooooo what's up with the no sex for two weeks? Do they mean crazy monkey sex or can I just lay there? Lol....my poor husband!
Anyhoo...just wanted to update my status.....good luck to everyone else on the nose wagon!

Yay...it's over

So I'm day one ...my eyes are magically colored some kind of rainbow....yesterday it seemed black, buy today is a puuurtier deep red. I swear my eye are so swelled I'll probably get street marks on them...lol.
Lets see...oxy and adivan are my friends....I love you drugs. Oh btw I don't have my cheaters on so who knows what this thing type. The surgery went fine..I was definitely awake and the only time it was uncomfortable was he was banging it...probably try to break tha sucka lol.....I remember little and now I am in my lazyboy where I shall pass out for two days...maybe 3,,,this is like a mini spa for me. Man I get to be a slug and take drugs ....how cool is that. I'm sure I'll be bored in a few days and I'll go do some accounting for a minute before realizing that wouldnt be a good idea either....I guess I could paint. Picture.....yes we shall see. Sleep sounds better. I took a picture to scare you all....as Halloween is coming.
I had to take the packing out this morning...that was a relief...can breathe now.
Other than being very tired I feel fabulous so I'm just crags on my lazyboy with my 3 big dogs under me...it's comforting. Hope everyone is well and healing.! xoxo

Post OP day 2

I feel like there are testicles laying on my checks...pretty red ones. The skin above and below my eyes are so swollen that there will probably be stretch marks. I knew I should have done my eyes at the same time...lol. I can feel some inside stitches...every once and while I feel the twitch. I think I'm ready for another pill cocktail...how exciting...then I'll pass out blissfully for 4 hrs . Trying to drink water, pineapple juice...I ate a mango yesterday...and I few spoonfuls of my honey gelato. Weight loss is an added bonus...cool. All I can do is take care of the dog farm and I'm tired..lol! Here's another picture...looking rather sexy.....

It's Thursday evening...so my math is thinking 3... But that could be the drugs...

Well all in all this has been a pretty relaxing time off...I've literally slept in this lazyboy since Tuesday at 1:30. It's very blurry and I find myself giggling out of control when I reach for things. The pretty colors don't bother me....its more the testicals I want to shrink so I'm icing them...doesn't that make testys shrink? I see my new nose under that cast and I'm all giddy hoping there's no bump...teeheehee. I took another pic so i'll post it... but the light isn't great and I can't smile for some reason....I'm smiling on the inside though. Hope everyone is dong swell!

Post OP day 3...or is it 4...had surg on Tuesday....lol

I can't believe I haven't showered since Tuesday....I've sleep right thru the days...lol...damn I think I only have a few oxy and Ativan left lol....bummmah. I'm in the itch and twitch phase now...looking sexy as evaaah!

A few more before pics....gee think I hide behind my hair much?

Day 5 Post Op...itchin and a twitchin...

Hey yas!
I can't believe I have sat in a recliner for 5 days and still don't feel 100%....getting there but not quite yet. The space between my eyes is still swollen and it aches...oh I guess I should remember the Tylenol...I'm sure that will help. I'm starting to feel anxious about whats under this cast...lol. I just don't want my nose to start above my eyes....all I can think of is a commercial when I was a kid...the Neosynephrine Man...ya know that character that was just a nose with arms and legs....lol
I can't believe how sensitive the space between my nostrils is...wow...and I had a closed rhino. Only I could hit myself in the nose and not have turrets as an excuse...ouch.
I also have what looks like a knotted fishing line in my nostril. Of course my immediate thought is...I must make this go away, but then I just push it back in with a little Vaseline and pretend its not there. I really am trying to be so good...and not try to move things along, but it's hard when you are a closet scab and zit picker(don't ask me why I get at 49).
Okay and for your morning laugh...a new sexy photo. It almost seems like a bad tube of suntan bronzer exploded around my eyes with a touch of purple eye shadow...only worn under the eyes...lovely! :)

Oh and I forgot to add the most important thing!

I had a flipping shower yesterday....woohoo...okay that's all. Lol

Day 6 post OP....feeling better than yesterday

Last night I finally slept better drug free. Hadn't had a decent sleep since the first 3 nights knocked out on drugs....eeeeh does that make sense? I feel like taking a shower and going into the studio to do some design work...just a few hours anyway.
I can not still believe how sensitive that space between my nostrils is. Are there stitches underneath the skin or something? I had a closed rhino. The underneath of my top lip is black and blue...I thought I maybe did that days ago when I was all doped up. I was snuggling up to my pillow and was pulling it closer and it slipped out if my hand and I smacked myself there....man did that hurt! The stitches in my nose don't hurt. The only other tender spot is between my eyes.
I have a few sides shots...I like my profile with a case on more than any before picture...lol. You can see the space on the top is swollen...its squishy so I'm hoping that will go down...I just pray for a straight no bump profile! I didn't realize my left jaw was bruised til I saw pics.
Hope everyone is doing well!

Love it!

Well here's a 3/4 view...my eyes are still bruised, but I didn't expect anything less than a month of bruises to be honest...this is day 8 postoperative...so I'm fine with it. I love it! Dr Fechner is a talented gifted man! So glad I trusted him with my face!
For the first time in my life I actually like my nose. Life is good! Hope everyone is well!

Day 10....so happy I did this!

Well it's been 10 days....I'm still so glad I did this. I still have some bruising on my cheeks...but I'm fine with that....I figure maybe by next Friday I should be cleared up. Sooooo....you older chicks like me....I'm kinda digging the swelling, it has smoothed out my wrinkles...lol. I want the bruising to go but the swelling can stay. It must be an age thing right....has anyone else experienced this?

Day 11

Another gorgeous fall day and another day I like my nose...although I think it is changing...or the swelling is...awe and I wanted it to stay. The bruising is slooooowly going away. So I went to see my mom yesterday and she only noticed the black eyes...I said,..ya notice anything else, and lturned sideways. She says...no just the black eyes...haha. But then again she does have dementia. My brother didn't notice either til I turned sideways and said ya notice anything? While putting my finger along the bridge of my nose. I felt like the camel on hump day...Mike Mike Mike...what day is it? Last night I went to get take out and the woman asked about my bruises...so I said, ya notice anything ele( doing the sideways pose) and she goes...ooh you got your eyes done? My eyes...wtf? haha No my nose! Kinda funny. Here's another selfie...I feel like such a narcissist...taking all these photos.lol.

Day 12....swelling don't goooooo.....I thought we were friends...

Another beautiful day in New England! I feel good...everyday the bruising gets better and the swelling goes down. I still like what I see. I have a normal profile which is all I ever wanted since I can remember. My tip and nasal cavity seem numb...but I can live with that...I'm sure it will pass. Hope all is well with everyone is noseland!

Day 15...already

It has flown by...which is a good thing. My bruises are almost gone...maybe a few more days. I still haven't been ale to wear concealer because it just looks all cakey and shit when I put it on. Looks worse in wrinkle so I'd rather have my face be shiny with grape seed oil on it instead.
So glad I did this. 2 weeks in time really did fly by and although I looked like Marvin the Martian for a few days, one really does heal quite quickly with this type of procedure....so worth it in my opinion. Even if hardly anyone notices, I know I look softer and I'm happy....buh bye old nose! Here's today's picture. Not much to report so this may be it for awhile. Take care everyone!

7 weeks post....doing well!

I can't believe how fast time flies by! I'm still so glad I did this! My nose still is sensitive...like if I crinkle it, I can still feel some twinges. Can't wait til it feels normal again. The cold mornings I really notice it.
Can I just say.....no body faaakin notices....NO ONE! Lol. Once I say something, they are like...OMG....I totally see now! I'm good with it though. I feel like my profile is so much softer.
Hope everyone is well!

10 months

wow time does fly! I'm still so happy I did this. Everything feels normal now and I no longer care if people take pics of me from the side! yay! My only regret is that I waited til I was almost 50! If you are on the fence about this....git yer ass off it and do it! Hope everyone is healing nicely!
Dr. Frank Fechner

The man is a highly skilled, talented and gifted facial artist! He knew what would look good on me and I'm so happy I trusted him!

Looks ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreattttttt!!!!!!!!! Happy for you!
Great results!
Thanks for sharing your journey! I like the phrase when u ask if u hide behind your hair. That is totally me, I have really curly hair but I tend to puff it up and have close to my face. So happy for u , your new nose looks great! It's never too late!
So helpful to read your story....I think based on your experience alone I might go with Dr. Fechner...been having a hard time deciding who to trust with my nose! I guess I could at least do a consultation with him and feel into it...been waiting a long time to do this as well. Anyways, you look beautiful and natural. Really impressed.
Hi Darling ! That's great that know one notices !! It shows he corrected the problem but shaped your nose naturally to your uniqueness :) love that ! It would be awful if everyone stared at you or said what did you do to your nose ? Wouldn't it ? :)
"Testicles laying on my cheeks… pretty red ones" HAHA!!! That is the best thing I've ever read on these reviews. Great story, updates, and results. Your nose turned out perfect. Not just better… PERFECT!!! Congratulations.
Congratulations !!! I'm so happy for you :) lots of love ! I have heard very good things about this dr :)
Looks great!!
I get the same response from ppl, LOL. They don't even notice unless I say something. I think this is the mark of a good rhinoplasty :) Congrats!
Your hilarious, I very much enjoyed reading ur story. I am 9 days post op and can't wait til all the bruising fades! Ur profile looks awesome!!
You look so happy and so beautiful! Thank you for the update!
so happy for you! I too have a dog farm (3 beagles and a boxer mastiff mix) so they will keep me company while I recoup. Be well and Congrats!
CAN I JUST SAY I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU
You are gorgeous. Fantastic results. I am happy for you. Enjoy life.
You are so beautiful and your nose is just recovering really fast!
You look awesome! I hope my result is as good so quickly. -L
How are you doing? Just checking in.
thank you for all your updates and encouragement, I've enjoyed following your story. Good luck!
You're looking fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience, it's been really helpful as I move through my own. I can say one thing, I will never take a good shower for granted again. I hope you keep updating!
You look super good!!! I think you and I had the same amount of bruises my mine are still there today 18 days post-op.. so annoying. You must be a better healer than I am! Keep the updates coming, we, the citizens of noseland, need you!;)
Looks great. Makes you look years younger! Not that you look a day over 21!
Thank you for sharing! I love reading about your adventures in noseland. Your fun personality jumps through the pages. As your new look, you look gorgeous darling and I am glad you are feeling great about it too. :)
Perfect way to describe the days. "itchin and twitchin"
I had my surgery today! Your blog is fantastic, serious and funny. Thank you! Lorraine