Laser Lipo @ Sono Bello - Woburn, MA

I have a consultation today @ Sono Bello in...

I have a consultation today @ Sono Bello in Woburn, MA. I'm interested to hear what they have to say. I think it's interesting that I'm not meeting with a surgeon, but with a sales-type person.

I have struggled with weight all of my life, but even more after puberty. I have PCOS, which causes hormonal imbalance. I eat well just to stay at the weight I am at, which is considered obese by BMI guidelines, but im also a bigger "person;" I have very wide hips, slightly broader shoulders, and a bigger ribcage. Even when i was a healthy child, I weighed heavy on the scale. I wear a size 12-14 pants. I don't hate my body, I like that I am very curvy, but I think i would be more comfortable, and would have more lothing options if i had a smaller abdomen and smaller love handles. After the consultation today I will let you know the areas I am choosing to get altered. I am fairly certain I will get upper and lower abs and flanks. Not sure if i should get the bra roll, as this is a more recent development. I wonder If i could work that off at the gym.

My family and boyfriend are supportive, but I can't help but feel a little vain having this procedure done. I do love my body, and I know there is more to life than being skinny. I just want to know what its like to have fun shopping for clothes, and my tax returns are my only chance to finance this. I hope I have a successful journey.

I had my consultation. They quoted me at around...

I had my consultation. They quoted me at around 1650 per area and seperated the abdomen into two prices, for upper and lower. The target areas I chose are the upper and lower abdomen, and the waist/flanks. I will pay close to 6,000 for this procedure. This is because my BMI is between 28 - 32. The higher your BMI, the higher the price. Everything was included in the quote, in regards to follow ups, etc; except for the second compression garment which is between 80 - 100 bucks.
Anyways, The rep was really nice and informative. i put down 2k from a bonus at work and got an appointment for NEXT FRIDAY!
I have a lot of instructions to familiarize myself with. I have restrictions as well. My pre-op is 03/19. Can't wait to have this done. I have very high hopes.

My pre-op changed to tomorrow because of the...

My pre-op changed to tomorrow because of the blizzard. I have been drinking lots of water and electrolytes, and no alcohol since Friday. I went and bought some things they said I would need postop; towels, maxipads for oozing, arnica pills for bruising, warm socks for surgery; antibacterial body wash for the night before and morning of surgery; drawstring pants for recovery, stool softener for opiate pain meds; and my own idea, probiotics for being on antibiotics. i am wearing a zip-front sweatshirt and drawstring pants to surgery. Cant wait to get this done.

I had my procedure done Friday morning. The pills...

I had my procedure done Friday morning. The pills they gave me helped me relax and I did not freak out [which is kind of saying a lot for me, haha]. I was awake the whole time, and when i felt pain it reminded me of getting a tattoo. When i told the doctor i was in pain he filled the areas with more lidocaine and the next time it wasnt so sensitive. He removed 4 lites of fat, which i hear is about 9 lbs. I got wrapped up after in my compression garment and went home. I oozed so much which was annoying because i was sore and i didnt want to keep chaning my clothes. my advise is to wear just the compression carment and a little bra/cami, and just swaddle up in a big sheet to ooze out, protecting your bed with towels and a garbage bag underneath. i stopped bleeding after 24 hours, when i was taking a shower. i was really swollen for two days, but on Sunday, i felt better and i had lost alot of bloat. I urinated a lot, which i read is my body processing the tumescent fluid. today im in regular clothes walking around doing light chores. I feel much better when my compression garment is on. Its Monday now and i Have my first apt. on saturday. I was spilling out of my compression garment on friday, and today its so loose, i think i need another. When i get my other one in the mail i'm going to ask if i can wear it. i cant tell a difference in my abdomen, but my boyfriend and mom said that my love handles are pretty much GONE. im excited. I know I need to be patient. So far it has been worth it :)
Thomas R. Walek, MD

I hope you are recovering well & are enjoying any results!! Pics? There doesnt seem to be many pics on this procedure??? Odd. I Almost feel like or wonder if one should spend a little more & get the regular lipo for more dramatic results but possibly more down time & pain & such....I was excited to see any review at all honestly!
I just saw your post and would send you before and after if you want to email me directly. I would put the pictures on if I could because my body looks great! I had Dr. Giuffrida and as I said before, he broke my procedures into two sessions; upper and lower stomach and hips on Friday and then legs inner and outer on Monday. I had these procedures 10 months ago now and I have kept the great results. Although a friend of mine said that it wouldn't last (she gained all her fat back) my measurements and weight have improved. I used some Venus Freeze sessions over the last few months to tighten the skin on my inner thighs and stomach and it worked beautifully. I should have done that sooner. I feel great about this coming summer and how I look in a swimsuit. I was a size 8 to 10 before and wear a 4 to 6 now. If you wear your garment, stay diligent about your nutrition and exercise, you can have great results. I took a long time to heal and it's possible that I am a giant pansy. It is not a comfortable procedure but the results make it worth it.
Hi Everyone, I am scheduled to have my procedure tomorrow. I am having upper and lower abdomen and love handles(Waist) done. I met with the doctor yesterday and just decided to "DO IT". SO, Friday 1/24/14 I am going to get the procedure. I will be honest and tell you that I hate the thought of being awake and I am really nervous. I consider this a unnecessary procedure but something that I want done for pure vanity reasons. I think I look really good in clothes but would like to look better if I want to remove me shirt for any reason during the summer. I will try and update this after my procedure is done tomorrow.
Curious to know how this turned out, as it was so recent!
This is a long time in coming but I think that this might help a few people who are frustrated. I had my procedure at the first of June. In fact, I broke them into two sessions. I did my stomach and hips on a Friday and my legs (inner and outer) on Monday. I am 5'6" and weighed 136. I wasn't fat but had those spots... swishy stomach and love handles. The stomach and waist procedure was very uncomfortable at all and I am a huge pansy about needles. The results were obvious immediately and the areas did not bruise too much initially. The procedure on my legs was really painful for me. I tried to focus on what the results would be but it was extremely hard. I was able to go golfing a few days after my procedure and move well but I was sore for two months. At four months out, I still have a strange numb pain around my hips. I was really worried at two weeks because the bruising in my legs was crazy and my feet were very swollen. Blood pooled in my lower back and my ankles at two to three weeks. I put my feet up every day for a while, took baby aspirin and it went down. I went to get a few lymphatic massages at that time and it helped move the fluid out. I responded directly to Nakeisha because I know that she is frustrated. I am hoping that she was just swollen and that her results are starting to show. I believe things will get better. My results are spectacular. There is no way I would have been able to get these areas reduced any other way. I worked out 4 days a week and did everything I could. My doctor absolutely sculpted me back into my 21 year old body. I am 43 by the way and have always been very curvy. I look better now than I have in many years. My actual weight has only been 3 to 6 lbs (I still fluctuate). but it is WHERE the pounds were. I love the way my clothes fit and I love having a flat stomach! I have had my ups and downs in my recovery but I am very happy that I did this. Don't get caught up in the weight. Take your measurements if you have to instead. Remember that you will still have swelling and the fluid is still leaving your body for a while. Wear your compression garment as much as possible. You are smart to do this in the winter so it will be very comfortable to wear it. Massage the bumps and they will go away. I don't know how to put pictures on or I would. I hope very much that it helps anyone else reading this. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing. It really helps. I went in yesterday and booked for flanks, upper and lower abs next Saturday. Which surgeon did you have? I am having Dr. Walek. I guess I'm beyond excited. I, too, work out, run, but my body never changes. I will keep you posted. I'm usually a very quick healer so we will see...
For anyone who went to Sono Bello in Woburn, I'd love to hear more.
I had my procedure done in Woburn. They are super nice. I had lower abs, inner thigh and banana roll done about 4 1/2 weeks ago. What are you having done? The procedure wasn't too bad. It does feel weird and from time to time a little uncompfortable. My recovery wasn't bad. I only took motrin and drained very little (not like some pictures I saw on line that scared the crap out of me). I am 50 years old, 5'10" and was 164. I weigh 152 now. My bruising is gone but still skin color difference I noticed.
It sounds almost the same. I am doing lower abs only, outer thigh and banana roll. They recommended not doing the inner thigh although that was the whole reason I want to do the surgery. I know it's still early for you but do you feel like your results are going to last? How bad did the initial injections to numb you up hurt? I really appreciate your input. I'm a wimp.
I am scheduled for surgery on June 7th and am very nervous. I am reading more comments about how people went through all that discomfort and don't see results other than scarring. I am also curious about how long anyone's bruising lasted. I am 42 years old, 5'6" and 136. I'd love to hear some thoughts... Oh, and I'm scared of needles!
I had mine done yesterday at same place. I had inner thigh, lower ab and banana roll. Not too much pain and barely oozed much. I think most of my oozing came during process. Anyway feel pretty good just sore this being the next day. My cost was 4800.00 and I put a deposit down so I would have a lower monthly payment. It seems like I have swelling so results aren't totally visible. Happy that I did it. There was some pain during process but I kept my eye on the prize and squeezed the pillow:)
I just had my surgery done yesterday morning. Really felt no pain during the procedure ecvept for a couple times when she was up close to my ribs. I had a stressball that I squeezef yhe heck out of during that time. After the procedure I felt pretty until the nauses set in. Threw up in the office, but thats how ive always been. The way I see it get that stuff out of my system. Dont remember the drive home and went to bed. Woke up a few hours later, threw up again, changed my dressing pads, had some crackers and back to sleep. Woke up again around 10:15pm and literally felt no pain, kinda weird. Got up, pottied, ate a few turkey cheese crackers, drank water and again bsvk to sleep. Up again at 5am to potty, which I wascablw to by myself. Now 8 am, approx 24 hrs after procedure started and while im sore, the only pain I feel is from having to lay on my back all night. Im going back in next monday to do inner\outer thighs. Im excited to take this journey with other folks like y'all to compare stories!
Congrats on ur new journey!!! Post some after pics so we can see u!!!!have u developed any lumps yet
no lumps so far. I feel sooo sore if im not in my compression thing. did you experience that?
hey how did the procedure go? i got mines done on march 9th at the same place
Hey, so how did the surgery go? Could you share your experience more? I am having a consultation in early April. Hope you're well.
Good luck for your procedure. I had mine done at Sonobello as well but only paid 4200 for the exact same areas, but you are right it depends on the BMI of the patient. The priced me at the lowest possible level, my BMI is 22. I had my procedure done one week ago and felt no pain, just some discomfort. Don't be scared, it will be ok. Keep us update.
Thanks for the reassurance, it is much appreciated. I will keep updating as i progress.
Hi I had the procedure almost 4 weeks ago.. I don't really see much of a difference.. Can some of u share ur stories at sonobello with me? I'm beginning to think I wasted my money
Any new updates for you?
I am going for a consultation tomorrow. How was your experience?
I feel like I wasted my money. I gained 4 pounds.. I had the procedure done on 8/28/2013... I see no difference in my body.. I got my lower abs/upper abs, hips, and back bra roll done.. My back still looks like it has fat on it.. I paid $7600.. I have had a fever/chills & headaches for the past 2 1/2 weeks.. Linda is nice but at the end of the day they just want ur money.. Don't be pressured.. If u want immediate results get traditional Lipo... I am still very sore.. I would not recommend sonobello to anyone
I am really sorry that you are frustrated. I had a tough time in the first few months. I was so bruised, swollen and sore for so long that it took me a long time to feel good about it. I have only lost a few pounds but I feel good about where the weight came off. I hope that you see results soon. Best wishes!
I'm so sorry. That is too much money to spend amd too much to go through to see no difference
Yes it is.. Linda kept sayin in my consultation (which I had 2) that I would see some immediate results.. I'm still waiting.. Just beware and do your research.. Which I wish I dido the of.. Good luck