Great so far - Muskego WI

I am 62 years old, I know a little old to be...

I am 62 years old, I know a little old to be starting this. I chose Invisalign for the same reason most do, because they are invisible. I am very excited about this, and I can hardly wait until it happens. I've had to wait so long, and I am getting impatient. I will post more when I get my first set of Invisalign.

I have been buying all the different things that people have been suggesting to make things more comfortable for while I go through this. Like wisps, dental wax things like that. Thanks for the e-mails, I can see I will have lots of support.

Will be happy to hear updates to your review once you receive your aligners.

Feel free to send me a private message regarding any questions you may have about the Orthodontic appliance Invisalign, I will be happy to assist you in answering your questions.

If you would prefer to speak to a professional, please use the following link to post a question. www.realself.com/question/create, It will be answered by someone who know's exactly what they are talking about, but there's usually a wait time before your question get's answered.

Take Care. I hope all regarding your treatment with Invisalign in the future goes smoothly, and comfortably for you.
All of the pre-invisalign part is done, I have exactly 3weeks until I get my first trays. But really I've been waiting my whole life.

Well, 24hours and I begin my Invisalign journey. ...

Well, 24hours and I begin my Invisalign journey. Kind of scared, but also excited. I will post again tomorrow after my appointment, I don't know how long it will take, I guess it would depend on whether or not they put on my attachments or not. I have read so many posts about Invisalign you could imagine, I feel like I am really prepared for tomorrow, but I suppose you never really know until it really happens,

Wish me luck.

I will post pictures once I figure out how to.

Totally understandable that you are feeling a little nervous - glad to hear there is some excitement mixed in there too though! :)

There are instructions in our Help section that explain how to upload photos, you can click here to see them. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Good luck with your appointment, I'm sure everything will go great!!

Well I am back from my appointment, everything...

Well I am back from my appointment, everything went well, it took about 90 minutes. Buttons were placed, I actually have 2 on one tooth, plus about 10 more on other teeth. So far I have not had any pain or discomfort.

At my ortho's office everyone was so nice and made me feel very comfortable. A technician put my buttons on, and then my orthodontist came to check to see that everything was going okay. Next I practiced taking them out and putting them back in. I had no problems with that, I expected that something would go wrong, but it was very easy, Maggie, my technician answered all my questions, gave me enough aligners until my next appointment which is August, I can't believe I don't have to go in until then. They also gave me a little hook to help remove my Invisalign, but I don't really need it.

I am going to ask my husband help me with pictures and will post them soon.

I will keep posting as I go along, wish me luck.
Megan

Just wondering why my comments are not on the main page. Thank you

I'm assuming you are wondering why your review isn't showing up on the first page, so I will explain that - there is an algorithm used to place the reviews in order using things such as amount of activity, number of photos, if there are videos, etc in an effort to put the most informational content near the top of the search order. You can also select how to view, so if you are on the main reviews page you will see some drop down menus where you can narrow to content to specifics that interest you. Below that you will see a "Sort by" option where you can choose to search by best match, (most) recent, nearby (you), comments (amount of conversation taken place).

Hope that helps a bit. My guess is as soon as you post your photos you will pop up closer to the top. :)

Beyond that, glad to hear your appointment went well & I hope you are doing ok getting use to those buttons!!

Hi Megan, Wondering if you could answer a...

Hi Megan,

Wondering if you could answer a question for me please.

When I tried on my aligners at the ortho's office, they looked perfect on my teeth, they matched up perfectly. Now a couple days later it seems as though my teeth don't fit the aligners right. On the bottom there now seems like there is still space for my teeth to fill towards the top of the aligner. But I cannot get them any further on my teeth. Could it be that my teeth have already started moving.

Hope this makes sense to you.

jabedn, in response to the question you posted in your June 2nd update - that does seem a bit odd. It is definitely possible your teeth have started to shift already, but I would have expected to hear the aligners were fitting better, not worse. However, without seeing them, it could be that I am misunderstanding. Just to check, did you put them in really hot water, or leave them on a car dashboard in hot weather? They are heat sensitive, so if anything like this happened it could be possible they got warped. I would suggest you give your ortho office a call & ask them to check you real quick. That way if something is off it can be caught quickly, if its fine you will know for sure there is nothing to worry about. :)

No, I did not put them in hot water or anything like that.

What I did do is look at pictures of people wearing Invisalign on line and they look exactly like mine. So I have stopped worrying. But thank you for answering my question.
Dr. Pamela Hanson

I waited approximately 5 minutes before I was called. Doctor was great answered all my questions. The staff made me feel very at ease. Had an exceptional experience.