SmartXide DOT Therapy - Face, Neck and Chest - 51 Year Old Female - Winter Park, FL

I started this journey by accident. I went in to...

I started this journey by accident. I went in to my surgeon to inquire about eyelid surgery. During the consultation he recommended SmartXide DOT Therapy first since this will help lift my eyes and address other concerns I have regarding wrinkles around my mouth and neck. I researched DOT Therapy on the web and went to see my Dermatologist for a second opinion. The cost and procedure varied - Dermatologist used topical anesthetic, 1/2 the price and faster recovery (would most likely need a 2nd visit for area around mouth). Surgeon - general anesthetic (I had to get an EKG and blood work before the procedure), more money but it is a much deeper treatment. I decided to go with my surgeon. I will post photos and updates as soon as I have the procedure.

Besides the EKG and blood work I have three prescriptions to fill for the procedure. Motrin 800, Zpack and Valtrex.

Two weeks post surgery - stop using RetinA and Obagi #3,4 and 5 products. Only use cleanser, sunscreen and moisturizer.

Three days post surgery - start using an Obagi gentle cleanser, Regenica, Action and Sunscreen SPF 50.

Had DOT Therapy this morning

So this morning I went for DOT Therapy. I was more than ready to get this over with. Fortunately I was sedated so it it was a super easy procedure for me. Here's a picture just after arriving home. My skin is burning but I an cold. Bundled under two blankets. Eyes are swollen and mouth is really sore. This is an area he concentrated on at my request. More updates to come....

Day 2

2nd day I'm much more swollen. No pain except when I wash all the gunk off and reapply. Grid lines are really appearing now.

Day 3 & 4

Day 3 still had swelling and redness. I'm not in much pain. It looks worse than it is. By day four swelling has reduced greatly and this evening I've started peeling.

A Little More Than a Month has gone by

It's been a little over a month since my procedure. I'm very happy with the results. The fine lines and wrinkles have gone away and my neck has smoothed out a lot. My mouth is still healing and I continue to peel on a regular basis. I'm sure it's going to get better and better.

Two Month after Dot Therapy

Here is a photo two months after my procedure. I think my skin is still improving.

Face almost a year later

Here is another updated photo almost a year later. I'm very happy with the result but thinking of doing a facial peel soon.

Another from Birthday Celebration

Still have not had eyes done but will at some point.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon