SmartXide DOT Therapy - Face, Neck and Chest - 51 Year Old Female - Winter Park, FL

I started this journey by accident. I went in to...

I started this journey by accident. I went in to my surgeon to inquire about eyelid surgery. During the consultation he recommended SmartXide DOT Therapy first since this will help lift my eyes and address other concerns I have regarding wrinkles around my mouth and neck. I researched DOT Therapy on the web and went to see my Dermatologist for a second opinion. The cost and procedure varied - Dermatologist used topical anesthetic, 1/2 the price and faster recovery (would most likely need a 2nd visit for area around mouth). Surgeon - general anesthetic (I had to get an EKG and blood work before the procedure), more money but it is a much deeper treatment. I decided to go with my surgeon. I will post photos and updates as soon as I have the procedure.

Besides the EKG and blood work I have three prescriptions to fill for the procedure. Motrin 800, Zpack and Valtrex.

Two weeks post surgery - stop using RetinA and Obagi #3,4 and 5 products. Only use cleanser, sunscreen and moisturizer.

Three days post surgery - start using an Obagi gentle cleanser, Regenica, Action and Sunscreen SPF 50.

Had DOT Therapy this morning

So this morning I went for DOT Therapy. I was more than ready to get this over with. Fortunately I was sedated so it it was a super easy procedure for me. Here's a picture just after arriving home. My skin is burning but I an cold. Bundled under two blankets. Eyes are swollen and mouth is really sore. This is an area he concentrated on at my request. More updates to come....

Day 2

2nd day I'm much more swollen. No pain except when I wash all the gunk off and reapply. Grid lines are really appearing now.

Day 3 & 4

Day 3 still had swelling and redness. I'm not in much pain. It looks worse than it is. By day four swelling has reduced greatly and this evening I've started peeling.

A Little More Than a Month has gone by

It's been a little over a month since my procedure. I'm very happy with the results. The fine lines and wrinkles have gone away and my neck has smoothed out a lot. My mouth is still healing and I continue to peel on a regular basis. I'm sure it's going to get better and better.

Two Month after Dot Therapy

Here is a photo two months after my procedure. I think my skin is still improving.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

You look amazing! How did it affect you days 3/4? Did you take off work? And how long until you felt the swelling was down enough to go back into the real world? Thanks!
I was off Friday for the procedure and took the entire following week so there was 11 full days to recuperate. I had to cover up with make up when I returned to work because I was still peeling and blotchy. 3/4 I was still slightly swollen and beginning to peel.
You look great! I had the CO2 laser procedure done Labor Day weekend last year. I looked similar to you with the swelling and the "weeping" lesions. I had phenomenal results. I am having it done again, next week, and am looking forward to an even better result!
It helped a little but I think I'm still going to have eyelid surgery in about six months.
I had upper eyelid surgery April, 2013. Loved the results.
You look great! Did the SmartXide help with your upper eyelids?
Just a little. It hurts when I was my face and reapply the aloe and aquaphor. I'm hoping the swelling will start going down tomorrow.

So swollen!  Is there any pain today?

Thanks for sharing.  What was the recovery like?

Have not had it yet. Scheduled for 09/18/2013.

Ahhh silly me- looking forward to hearing all about it after your treatment :)