Update -11 months post Tummy Tuck

It's nearly been a year ago since I had my tummy...

It's nearly been a year ago since I had my tummy tuck done. In the beginning I was not prepared for what I had gotten myself into or had realized I had tubes inserted into my skin just below my incision for draining. Or that staples where holding me together. Let me not forget how much pain it was to laugh or cough. Not being able to sleep on my stomach or not having sex for a while or if so being really careful. But all that's in the past now. I do not regret going forward with having this procedure done at all. All the discomfort was sooo worth it to me. I am still a tiny teny bit swollen in the lower abdomen region and still trying to work on helping lighten my scar. I can also tell that not all the feeling is fully back but I heard the swelling and feeling can take a year to 18 months for complete healing. So again this is just an update and will post another update when I visit my PS in December for my year check up. I would like to add that my PS came highly recommended. I paid a little more for his services but having a TT is a major surgery that I wouldn't risk my results or life for a cheaper price.

1 year update with PS in December 2013

Saw my PS in December and he thinks all is healing well and looks great. My major concern was the center of my scar going horizontal. The scar is hard there and I wish I didnt but cant help but nick it with the razor when I shave. So he suggested scar revision about an inch long to remove the hard scar tissue and possible give it a smoother feel as the rest of the scar. However I was only home for a short visit (temporarily living in Shanghai) so I will have that done in July 2014 when I am home for a longer time.
I did however see a dermatologist here (in Shanghai) to lighten the scar and found out some information that was new news to me. I was hoping to have laser scar surgery, but my dermatologist told me that cause of my skin tone being darker (Im hispanic) laser scar wouldnt benefit me and may make the area darker. So she prescribed me a new scar oil that I did apply for over a month and was able to see a slight difference especially only on the sides of my scar where they were the shade of the scar wasnt that bad to begin with. She suggested I can try a skin peel and Im thinking I might go back and take her up on that. Just wanted to post my new info. Although I am 14 months post-op I want to say that 90% of the feeling in my lower abdomen has come back. I can pinch my scar area and not feel a thing. Will post again hopefully if I decide to do the skin peel and more than likely will post back in July after seeing my PS for a small scar revision
Dr. Kirsch

My doc was great. I have noting negative to say about him. Wait times where a little lengthy at times but I never felt rushed during my visits. His office and staff made me feel comfortable and he does surgeries at his private office which I liked not having to go to the hospital. He's great.