31 Year Old Mommy of 4! Been Wanting This for a Long Time - Winston Salem, NC

Growing up I was a thin child until I hit 8th...

Growing up I was a thin child until I hit 8th grade & high school. I struggled with my weight until finally dropping 60lbs after high school. I maintained my weight until I got pregnant with my first child at 22. I ballooned up & delivered at 210lbs. Never lost the weight from my first before getting pregnant with my son. This time only gaining 40lbs & still managing to deliver at 210lbs. Finally in 2010 I got pregnant with my twin girls. I gained the same amount of weight & delivered my twins at 209lbs! But boy my belly had stretched to its limits. After the twins I've worked super hard to get back into shape with a few ups & downs in between. I had found this website by chance just looking for reviews & before & after pictures. I came across Solesisters profile & review. She too lives in North Carolina! So I followed her on her journey through Wake Forest Baptist Hospital with Dr. Kelly & Dr. Showalter. I was so impressed with her review & results that I decided to book an appointment in December for my consultation! Soon after I booked my surgery date!

Road to recovery!

Today is day 3 post op! Recovery is coming so easy for me! Not sure if it's because I've endured 3 c sections or because I live a pretty active life. But the first day after surgery was the worst. Going forward it has been getting better and better. I was a bit afraid of what to expect because I had read so many stories. But honestly everyone heals different! I wish everyone the fastest easiest recovery possible!

Another pic!

Going stir crazy! Lol

Not much to update! Feeling great and can't wait to be back to normal! It's so hard not being able to do much for my little munchkins but my husband has been so AMAZING! He has waited on me hand and foot being such a great nurse! Taking care of the kids, cooking and housework! Definitely couldn't ask for a better hubby! He's my rock, my everything! Happy healing to everyone! Until I post again! Chao!

One more thing!

I will post more pictures after my post op appointment on Friday!!!

Was feeling a little froggy & oh so bored! So decided to take some full body pictures!

Feeling better and better every day!

Not much to report! I feel as though I'm healing on track. I do however feel as though one boob projects more than the other and I feel like they are so square. Also seems as though my nipples are quite low :( When will they start looking more like boobs? Any help would be wonderful!!!

Post op day 6- front view of boobs

So tired of lounging on the couch!

So ready to get back to the swing of things! Can only watch so much tv! And my twins have toys everywhere! I'm a little OCD lol! Anyone else bored of hanging on the couch all day long???

Can you tell I'm so bored!

Just some more pictures of my squarish boobs

Post op appointment today!

So ready to get the drains removed!!! WHOO HOO! Also get rid of this annoying binder and get my body garment today! Plus I get to see what the doctors say about my healing! Until later! Talk to you all soon!!!!!

Post op appointment went well!

Everything looks great and I'm healing well! Got my garments! A bit tight but feel oh so flat! The drains came out as well but after being pulled I got super light headed, saw stars & went slightly deaf lol! Doctor said it's normal. I just had to lay down for like 10 minutes. He took some pictures and then the nurse put my garments on! Let me tell you they feel so funny especially since you have a pee and poop hole! It's a bit weird thinking about having to wear it while you pee & poop. Plus what the heck am I suppose to do during that time of month?! I will post some pictures when I can! Happy healing everyone! Oh yeah I go back in 3 weeks for a follow up!

A few pics in my garment!

Let's just say I feel like a 10lb sack of potatoes stuffed into a 5lb sack! Ha. Doctors did say I'm very swollen still so can't wait to see the progression here! Oh & my boobs are looking much better today!!!!

8 days post op!

Felt good to shower!!!! Lol. Did some walking today, felt really good! Hung out with some friends and BBQed! Oh & my boob are starting to look so much better!!! Hope everyone is healing happy!

Boobs!

It's been a few days since I've opted a full body pic

Just thought I'd post a full body so you can see how my TT scar is healing. Also some side views before & an after.

Crazy!

To see it side by side!

Just a little update

So hubby had to go back to work today so back into mommy mode for me. Only took one pain pill today but seem a bit more sore than I have been. Most likely cause I've been having to do a bit more with 2 & 1/2 year old twins. I'm trying to relax for the most part but definitely did more today. No real changes. My right boob still seems to be dropping at a slower rate, I'm thinking it's because that's my dominant hand so the muscle isn't let it go easy! Took a few pictures of my tummy tuck scar up close! And that's about it.

Love my under armour super support sports bra!

I only wear it while washing my compression bra I received after surgery! But I love it! Love my new boobies and can't wait until they are fully settled and soft and squishy!

Put on jeans for a bit yesterday!

Felt so good to not be stuck in sweats or anything stretchy! But could only wear them for a little bit as after a while they were a bit uncomfortable!

17 days post op!

So it's 17 days post op & I feel great! I can fully walk straight now! Not much pain except the usual stretching of my boobs! And still a little pain on my left side lipo site! Sleeping a little lower & not so high up. Can't wait to be able to sleep on my side! It's so hard to get comfortable and stay comfortable in one position! Hope everyone is healing well!
P.s last nights sleep was utter crap! 2 1/2 year old in the middle= bad sleep lol! But I'm going to relax and be completely LAZY today! :D

Oh how I can't wait to get back to exercising!

So not much really going on. Today I went to shower and noticed that my right boob has actually dropped much more and now my boobs are a bit uneven! I liked when they were dropping at the same rate lol! But any who! I'm so ready to get back in the gym! After getting my "trouble areas" fixed I'm now seeing so many more things I need to fix! Can't afford a full body worth of plastic surgery so I will resort to trying to fix with good old diet and exercise! How is everyone else healing? Hope all is well!

Sorry I'm a little late posting my 4 week post op!

So I'm 1 day shy if 5 weeks! It's been getting easier! I'm a lot more active as I was cleared for normal house work last Friday! WHOO HOO! Also I was cleared for treadmill! I have yet to get to the gym though! It's been a bit hectic as we are getting ready to PCS to a new duty station in about 3 weeks! Doctors said I'm looking good as far as healing goes! Yay! They did give me a strap to wear so that my implants can settle a little faster! My love handles look like they are starting to improve a bit more! All in all I'm very happy with my results thus far! I can't wait to see what the future holds! I go back for a 2 month post op check up right before leave NC! Not looking forward to any future post op appointments as I will be about 5 hours away as opposed to the hour & a half to 2 hour drive I do now! The only real complaints I have at 5 weeks post op is the soreness on my left side lipo site! But I'm walking straight, sleeping on my back and sides! Still wearing my garment and surgical bra 24/7! I was told to use a marble to help push my belly button in. I used it for a few days but started breaking out from the tape! So I'm going to try a new tape and see how that works!

So I'm a little over 3 months post op!

Sorry it's been a whole since I've done an update! Life has definitely kept me busy! So all in all I love my results! Not too happy with my tummy tuck scar as it looks uneven & a little higher than I'd like. I'm super happy with how my boobs turned out! I just joined a gym about a week ago so hoping to start toning the rest of my body! Yay!

Why I have a crooked scar! Lol

So I actually was just doing some research! This explains exactly why my scar is crooked!

The scar can get more crooked if the most skin possible is taken out - the tension of the tight skin pulls the scar in different ways. If you take less skin, you can make the scar even and straight. It seems like a really big deal at first because the scar is red and thick. After about 3 months, the scar starts to remodel and become soft. Eventually, it gets to feel like the rest of your skin and is skin colored - it fades really well. At that point, you will be happy the most skin possible was removed with your super flat belly! Makes more sense now!

Just another picture

Just another comparison picture!

So very happy with my results! Scratch the past statement about my scar being crooked! I would definitely recommend Dr. Showalter and Dr. Kelly to anyone in a heartbeat! So happy I made the decision to go through wake forest baptist plastic surgery residents clinic!
Dr. Kelly and Dr. Showalter

Both Dr. Kelly and Dr. Showalter were amazing. They were super friendly and very helpful! They answered every question before I even had a chance to ask. They made me feel so comfortable & never made me feel rushed. Never made me feel stupid for asking every tedious question possible! I'd highly recommend these wonderful surgeons to anyone looking for any plastic surgery in the beginning!

You have a nice flat stomach. Your breasts couldn't be more asymmetrical if you tried! Looking good! Your side-by-side are amazing.
AHHHHHH! Shoot! SYMMETRICAL! I was trying to say they looked perfectly even! I always manage to goof up the simplest of words. Goodness I am so embarrassed!
You look fantastic! What a difference!
Thank you! I'm very happy with my results! I'd do it all over again with the same doctors!
Hi Lady, you're looking really good. Your tummy is flat as can be!! I hope the move went well. I'm going Friday for my last follow up before the good docs move on to their private practices.
Do you know where they plan on going?
Dr Showalter is opening a private practice in Virginia and I may be mistaken, but I think Dr Kelly is going to Colorado. I would follow Dr Showalter if money was no object! He is awesome!
Awesome! Thank you for the info! I'll have to look him up for sure!
So flat! Love it!
Your results are amazing, your scars are healing very well. How many cc did you choose?
Thank you! I went with 400 cc's!
Wow you look amazing.
Thank you!
Wow!! You look freakin AWESOME!!!! Super flat and your boobs look great!
You look amazing. I wish I live closer to your dr. Here in IL its so expensive
Wow, look how flat you are! Your breasts settled really nice. You look fantastic :-)
Looking really good! I go back May 2 for my six month check up and I have no real complaints. I think I "may" have a slight dog ear on one side but not sure. Hope your move goes well!
U look fabulous
U look faulous
I can so relate to wanting to get back to exercising! My mind is willing, just wish my body would catch up!! I'm anxious to start working on my legs and see if I can improve them. AND I'm so tired of looking at all this glue :(
Glue! Girl I am 23 days post op & it's still there lol! It's so stubborn! I don't want to just start picking it off either! Going to ask the docs about it Friday! Hopefully he clears me for light walking on the treadmill! The waiting in this recovery is about the worst part of it all lol! Hope you are well! :)
I was cleared for walking on the treadmill...yay! I know it will be slow and only for a few minutes, but it's a start. You're right! Waiting is the hardest part...but before you know it, we'll be looking back and hardly remembering what we used to look like :)
That is so awesome!!!! I'm super excited cause that means he will for sure clear me to walk on the treadmill Friday!!! I know today I was feeling a little down. My belly button is still sticking out like a sore thumb. Hoping to god it really does go back in. And then the one side looks as of they didn't do lipo at all :( hoping it's just from swelling and that in due time it'll all be the way it suppose to! Was going to say perfect but lord knows no one will ever be perfect! But as close to perfect as possible is all I'm asking lol! I'm just over the swelling & not being able to do much of anything! It's been so beautiful out but I want nothing to do with the outside since it's pretty hot & I'm living in sweats still! Going to wait another month or so to go shopping for some new summer clothes!
One of my sides looks like it was lipo'd pretty good and the other side not so much :( He said it's probably swelling, but I'm not so sure. BTW It was 87 here today...HOT and living in sweats and cg....yuck! It's only been 3 weeks but I'm ready to burn this darn cg!
Did you have to wait 3 months for surgery or was that your choice??