Don't Waste Your Money! Definitely NOT WORTH IT! - Willliamsburg, VA

I had the procedure almost 3 weeks ago. It was...

I had the procedure almost 3 weeks ago. It was done by my dermatologist, whom I've been seeing for 8 years. Gotta say, my poor face looks so much worse than it did before the procedure.

My face is still very hot and sore. My jaw (jowls) do look slightly better, but the lines around my mouth (smokers mouth - I quit smoking 17 years ago but tell my mouth that!) are more pronounced. I have more lines around my eyes, cheeks, forehead and entire mouth area. Yesterday I had a consult with a highly respected Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon and he told me that although ActiveFX sounds wonderful in theory, it's doesn't live up to its claims which is why he doesn't offer it in his practice.

The doctor told me I basically wasted $3600. The doctor was very upset because he said my dermatologist did real damage when he used the ActiveFx on my neck. It caused the muscles in my neck to separate & I need surgery to have the muscles reattached. My eyebrows are also now lopsided. I will need an eyebrow lift to realign the brows. My surgeon told me the only way to correct the damage done to my face was to have a mini face lift. I am tentatively scheduled to have it done on March 4th, at that time, my plastic surgeon will also repair the damage done to my neck muscles and do a brow lift. I wish I had saved my money so I could have used it toward financing my face lift. What really upsets me is that during my follow up with my dermatologist, he and his staff kept telling me 'how wonderful I looked' and how they could see a marked 'improvement'. I told them they were crazy and that I actually looked worse. What's funny is that I had just left the Plastic Surgeon's consult 30 minutes prior to my appointment with the dermatologist. I was going to let my dermatologist know how upset I was with the results and damage caused by his application of ActiveFX but I decided against having a confrontation. My advice to anyone considering having the ActiveFX done is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for advice before agreeing to the procedure. Don't waste your time with a dermatologist. PS: I really like my dermatologist but I will never again allow or trust him to do anything that requires lasers, etc. to my face or let him talk me into expensive procedures that offer false promises to look younger.

He has an awesome bedside manner and I do think he truly cares about his patients. However, I believe his prices are too high and I feel like I was conned into having ActiveFX. I actually hadn't verbally confirmed I wanted this done but after an appointment where I had Restylane injections, his staff brought it up and before I knew it, they had charged my credit card an additional $3600 for the procedure (I was also charged $900 for the filler). When I called the office back and said I would like a refund, I was told all sales are final. I wasn't about to be out $3600 so I went ahead with the ActiveFX treatment. I wish I had fought harder to get my money back. I really like my dermatologist for skin care and mole detection but I will NEVER have another 'procedure' performed by him or his staff.