Terrified and Excited - Wilkes Barre, PA

Hey everyone! I can not begin to say how excited I...

Hey everyone! I can not begin to say how excited I am to have found this site :) I am 25 years old. I had my consultation on March 30 th it went great. I have lost 40 lbs and intend to lose 40 more before my surgery date.

Boy has this been emotional for me I have been working out 2 hours a day on top of working 13 - 16 hours a day so I can save for my big day. I am so concerned about the healing process and how soon In will be able to get to work. Although I am so EXCITED and can't wait to have a flat belly and the improvement I'm my self esteem :)

please anyone with tips i am all ears and if anyone can answer this one question how often did you meet with your ps? Thanx

Hey everyone I am approximately 24 hours post op...

Hey everyone I am approximately 24 hours post op :-) I can best decision of my life my surgery was scheduled at 7 am on th 26th N its 3 am on the 27th. Pain level none just pressure Nd discomfort easily fixed by rearranging pillows and re positioning myself. My girlfriend has been amazing gosh idk what I would without her. I am working around a lot hunched over mostly took the meds so it would de energize me lol. I can't believe how little I am even with swelling and bandages. The doctor informed my girlfriend he took off 8 1/2 pounds the just the TT and another 2 ponds in lipo he commended me on the weight loss since my consultation which said will give me better results my procedure was about 3 1/2 hours. Ahhh so excited lol I will try and update again soon :-)
Dr. Kimmel

Overall excellent and personable. The staff made me so relaxed and comfortable all of them were down to earth with great sense of humor and knowledgeable.

desi13, can't wait to see your pics! That much skin gone makes a huge difference and I'm very delighted for you!
Kimmers25~ I know it was was a lot of skin.nearly 10 lbs of extra skin . It is def gonna make working out a lot easier. I am trying to figure out how to post pic from my phone and I can't once I'm on my laptop tho I will try to :-)

Forward the pics from your phone to your email.  Then open and save them to your desktop/laptop and you will be able to upload.

Can't wait to see those:)

desi that is wonderful:)  I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the pictures.   Boy he sure took off a large amount of skin..WOW

So I am 17 days away today I finally paid in full I couldn't believe it. I am so excited. I have lost a total of 75 lbs went from a size 22 to a 12. I can't wait to have this surgery.17 days and counting :-)
Just read that you are now post-op. That is so awesome, you must be looking pretty damn amazing already. With the weight loss and now the skin gone, you are a totally different person and I'm very very happy for you. Best wishes and prayers for a smooth and speedy recovery!
Thanx so much I feel like its gonna be amazing. Right now just hella uncomfortable but I keep in mind it won't be forever
It won't be forever - LOL. Just sometimes a little slow and you will want it to hurry up and heal faster. Shorttime discomfort - but so worth the results. Take care!
Desi13, I went back to work at 3 weeks (desk job). It gets easier each day after TT, and each person a little different. You will find before/after photos on this site from women of all age groups, shapes and sizes. One common theme is the excitement and amazement at their transformations. You are working hard for your goal - you will get there!
Hi Desi13, I am on top of the world and so VERY glad I made the decision for TT. The greatest fear going into it was that myself or caregiver (younger sister, a nurse) would get sick, not be able to make it to Seattle (she had meetings all day) and I'd lose my $$$. So, I flew my daughter in as a backup!. My first 4 days after TT were in a hotel room. The IV made me have to pee, so was up 4x that evening. It felt like bee-stings and tightness in the tummy. Incision I really didn't feel and mine is about 25 inches long. The inner stitching from pulling the abs together I felt if need for cough came...Myself and sister were surprised at how soon I was able to move and get around - basically as soon as the effects of anethesia left (about 2 hrs after back at hotel room the day of surgery). I took a cane in case I needed it as I have bad knees, but didn't use it much. Do as PS says, keep knees and back propped with pillows to ease tension/pull, take pain pills as directed, etc. Go slow with eating and be prepared for first BM, believe the girls when they talk about the first one and what they do to make sure they have one! I didn't think my muscles to pee or BM were working, just sat and it happened. I am estatic about having the TT done and consider it priceless. Where I wouldn't show my tummy before to anyone at all, even doctors, now I want to show it off to EVERYONE. I'm beyond super happy with results- LOL. Keep us posted on how you are doing!
Desi - how wonderful on your weight loss and continued goal! My TT was Mar 18. I met with PS at pre-op 2 wk prior, traveled to Seattle to his surgical center for surgery on Friday, saw PS the next morning for 1st followup, then on Tuesday he took 1st of two drains out and changed dressings and cleared me to travel home. He then saw me 2 wk post op and I will see him again May 6 (7 wk postop) for after photos. Not sure if that is it on followup visits or not. Nerves and excitement go hand in hand in preparing! Do all you can ahead of time cleaning, putting in low sodium foods, hvy things within easy reach, pillows, recliner, etc. The posts on this site are wonderful for advice before, during and after procedure!Good luck and congratulations!
Cheryl how are you feeling now that you are almost 2months after surgery? How are you getting around and were you super happy with the results?

Hi Desi and welcome to RealSelf!

How exciting for you:)   You will love having a tight and flat tummy after the surgery.

Congratulations on the weight loss; that is amazing.  Just keep doing what you are doing and stay healthy.   Your day will be here before you know it and you will be on the road to recovery.

You have some concerns about recovery which is all normal.  You will have some pain and swelling but that is all temporary and will end.  Just stay positive and tell yourself it will pass.  You should take a minimum of two weeks off work but I recommend three if you can swing it.

Each person is different in recovery so just play it by ear and see what you need as you heal.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing those pictures:)

I met with my PS on the following schedule:

Two days after surgery, one week after surgery, then weekly for the first month.  From there I went every two weeks for the next month.  I then was seeing him every 12 weeks up to the first year.  I have a final follow up with him in late July which will be 15 months post op.  He likes to follow his patience for a while.

But know you can always call the doctor day or night if you need anything.  Just listen to your body and if something does not feel or look right call him ASAP.  There is no such thing as a dumb question after a surgical procedure.  Keep the communication open with your doc at all times.  They can't help you if they don't know there is a problem.
I want to say thank-you I am getting excited and def having doubts and need reassurance from friends and my partner to convince me to continue. I am getting exhausted and wondering if me working long hours and working out all the time if its gonna all pay off in the end. I hope so I am hoping that I am going to get that self confidence I need and looking for

Oh hang on!!  You will get there and all will be fine.  Everything you are feeling and thinking right now is totally normal.

Try not to think about it so much.  Give your brain a rest and take a deep breath.   When I was about 6 weeks pre op I about made myself nuts with all of the thoughts, fears and phobias.  I was obsessively working out at the gym, jumping on the scale every days and going bonkers.  I took a week off from the gym and just relaxed every night.  I went home had an early dinner, read my books, watch fun programs and just relaxed.  I also had two massages that week.  It was the best thing I ever did.  My body and mind needed a rest.  I stayed off the Internet, did not look at boobs or tummies for the week.

My trainer told me he would not allow me in the gym for a week.  When I finally went back I had actually lost 4 pounds the week I was off.  Funny how that works.  I was rested and relaxed and ready to go.

So you will get there and will end up with the body you want.  Hang tight:)

Hugs