38 Years Old, Mom Who Wants to Reach Goals. Wichita, KS

Hi! I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction...

Hi! I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction this past winter. I take care of myself and have always battled tummy skin and extra fat. After my mastectomy I wanted to do something to make me feel good and meet goals. I am here to learn as much as I can about tt and lipo of flank area as well as offer support to those going through their own journeys. I will add photos soon.

Researching and questioning

Good afternoon! I have been researching and wondering if anyone had advice on TT and flank lipo surgery? I love my Dr. and he has answered a lot of my questions. But talking to ladies who have gone through this is priceless. I am really interned in post op diet and rest/sleep positions that aid in healing. I'm worried about the swelling.

Pics

I have 4 weeks until surgery. I knew when I started this journey I wanted to end with a tt and flank lipo. As I stated before, all the dieting and exercise in the world wasn't going to repair muscle damage from pregnancies and extra skin. My Dr. is using some of the skin to reconstruct my nipples. Yay!
Taking pics of myself was difficult. Let's face it, none of them made me happy so I settled on a couple to post. If nothing else this will give me incentive to post pics from the flat side.
It's a gorgeous morning here in Dodge City! Going for a jog....Have a blessed Wednesday everyone!
D

9 days pre op

Getting a littler nervous thinking about the drains, swelling, and healing process. I need to find a spanx garment for the second week post op. Surgery is July 31 and school begins Aug. 20.... Ready or not...

Supplies

Hi all! Less than a week away. I thought I had all my supplies purchased yesterday until I read some post last night. Thinking I need Arnica for bruising and pineapple juice. I keep reading the lypo will be the worst. I believe that because after my implants were put in, Dr. Did a little lypo under my arm and the bruising /pain was the worst. Dr. Is using some of my tummy skin to graft on my nipples as well. So I'll need to take care of that area too. I'm not sure what to wear home from the surgery center. I'm ready for the surgery to be over and on the road to recovery.

Two Days

The big day is quickly approaching. I'm excited and nervous at once. I think I have all my supplies ready to go. Thanks for all the tips and help in preparing for this journey.
Dr. Joseph Poggi

I highly suggest taking plenty of pre-op pics. It's a tough healing process and most get depressed at about day 9. It helps to take pics and see your progress. I am so excited for you!
I agree! I took several and my Dr. Of course took several. Thank you for the support!
YOU, my dear, are going to have fantastic results! I think you're going to be so happy! Good luck…let me know if you have any questions about pre-op or post-op. Good luck and keep us posted!
Ok I'll ask my questions..... Do you suggest a cotton liner of some sort to be worn under the CG? If so, what kind? I am having flank lipo as well and concerned about my ability to move or sleep! Lol! I drink a lot of water a day. Do you think I should cut back after surgery?
The water….that's a tough call. Some doctors are adamant about drinking tons and "flushing out" your system. My doctor's approach made sense to me: the more fluid you take in, the more your body has to sort out, and with those lymphic drainage channels severed (and not forming new ones for months to come) the potential swelling is higher. Some may disagree agree with him, but to me it makes complete and total sense. The arnica thing people are on about here…I never took it….and I'm not into homeopathy, as I feel like they are sugar pills and have some sort of placebo effect. I tried Bromelein….didn't notice a difference one way or the other. With the CG…I would put maxi pads (soft high quality ones) on my stomach as a buffer in between me and the CG at irritating points like the zipper and clasps. When I ran out of those I used really soft gauze from Target and that worked just as well. Just listen to your body….if you're thirsty….drink. If you're not, don't guzzle down the water or fluids, because again your body is in slow mode and will take some time trying to eliminate it. There was a tea I drank called PMS tea and it helped some with the bloating available online at places like vitacost dot com. Try those things first, and if you're still swelling I have some more ideas and recommendations for ya. Good luck!
Welcome to the community.   I have attached a link to my Tummy Tuck Survival Guide.  This will help answer a few questions for you.

I am very happy to have you here with us.
Elated to be here!
:) :)
Congrats on starting your journey :)) sounds like you've already been through a couple major surgeries. The swelling happens as part of the healing. Some days your waking up flat and through the day you look bigger than when you started. At 7 months I still deal with numbness and swelling. My best advice is to not get discouraged and rest rest rest. Be real about expectations. Perfection is for those with little body fat looking to get rid of just skin. The first 4 weeks your body will keep changing little by little. At 6 months that's a good indication of what you will get but again you're scars are still healing. As for diet... Low sodium, stay away from spicy foods or anything that made you bloat before the surgery and keep hydrated. Pineapple juice is good for healing - just be careful not to drink all your calories. Best of luck! Lisa
Thank you!