Rhinoplasty with the Masterpiece Surgeon: No Cookie Cutting, Nose Tailored to You - White Plains, NY

Let me start off by saying that I am 33 and have...

Let me start off by saying that I am 33 and have lupus so this surgery was a concern for me because my healing time is doubled because my immune system is out of wak. I've wanted surgery since I was 15 but decided go give myself a chance to grow and like my nose. An adult now and well here I am. I don't think my nose was ugly I just felt like it didnt fit my face, and felt I couldnt have short haircuts because my nose was too big. I had a bump, my nostrils where a bit wide, and it was kinda long in my opinion.

It took me two years to decide on my doctor. The only reason I chose him is because of the work I saw on two other patients on this site. It just seems like he makes your nose fit your face, not like these other cookie cutter surgeons, where all the noses look the same.

Just had my surgery on the 29th of December 2011. I wasn't nervous the only thing I was thinking about was the pain afterwards, which really isn't bad. Its just like having a stuffy nose. I am taking arnica for the bruising and swelling, as with my condition, which is under control, I bruise quite easily on a daily basis. At the end of day 2 one side of my face became more bruised and swollen than the other almost purple. I kept icepacks on it. I get my cast off tomorrow. I know my nose will still be swollen, but I will post pics after a month.

My doctor is very kind and listens to what you want specifically. He knew exactly what I wanted. I didnt take a pic of someone elses nose like some people do, I wanted him to make my nose specifically for me. He removed the bump, narrowed the bridge, shortened the length, narrowed my nostrils and raised the tip just a bit. I wasn't nervous at all and I really cant believe I didn't get nervous. Dr C and his staff make your feel at ease. He is very professional and doesnt seem like a doctor just telling you what you want to hear in order to get your cash. He is very honest with the expectations.

My nose seems a little strange now because I have seened it a certain way for so long, I guess its a matter of getting use to the new look. The recovery is quite painless, I think I was more annoyed at having to sleep upright than anything else, oh and this itchy cast on my nose these last two days I am so ready for it to come off. Warning I have hurt my nose 3 times already, and it hurts owww. I have 2 year old twins and they can be unpredictable I have to shield my nose from them. I will be on guard with them the next couple of months.

Day 7 and the swelling has gone down and my bruising is almost all gone. I have cleaned the outside of my nose with q tips and peroxide and just the inner tip of my nostrils, I have been to afraid to go any deeper. My nose is less stuffy, it feels kinda runny. At day 4 I did try to put some saline drops in to help with cleaning or moisture, and OMG never again a drop reached way to in and it burned horribly I had read on the internet that you should begin the drops or spray after day two but, in my opinion your nose is still healing and still traumatized I don't think it should be disturbed anymore. I took all of my antibiotics and had vicodin but I only used them for the first 3 days as scheduled just incase, I didnt want to feel any pain.

The 3 day I only took half a tablet and by day 4 I was like let me see if I feel pain, if I do I'll take it but I didn't. The jelly ice packs are the best. Peas are even better but freeze and refreeze peas, too much hassle. Vaseline for lips, they will get very dry trying to sleep with an open mouth. I had a bed tray by my bed with water and all my supplies so I didn't need to get up. I would wake up with the driest throat at night, not pleasant at all.

I stayed in bed the first 4 days as I had the grandparents watching the kids. The first days I ate soup or watery substances, lots of water, misso (no msg) or organic soup, raw organic drinks with antioxidants and electrolytes. I didn't have pain chewing so I quickly went on to healthy low sodium foods. Lots of veggies and fruit if you can eat it raw the better. Pieces of ginger boiled to make a tea helps with inflammation as well, just add some sugar or honey for a sweeter taste. I know this seems very detailed but watching what you eat when sick makes a big difference. Sodium causes swelling and with my lupus I cant eat foods that might trigger a flare, swelling of my joints or pain in my bones. I also took vitamin C with bioflavnoids and calcium pills with vitamin D.

I don't usually see plastic surgery reviews of people with illnesses but I do know how important it is to express how someone feels when they do have one. Some don't heal as quickly as everyone else, and what ever can speed the healing process, I say why not express it. I know my review might seem a little sporadic but I'm just writing as it comes to me. I will update as my weeks go on. I will post some pics of me before. Any questions feel free to ask.

I havnt cried yet, I am at the verge, but I wont look at myself for a week, even my kids say it looks a little piggish. Oh gosh. Okay giving it the healing time it needs. Thanks a bunch.
My daughter felt the same way when her cast was removed - she cried. In 90 days it had dropped - and is still gradually dropping 11 months later. Listen to your Doctor. It WILL drop. Looks amazing now at 11 months.
Okay I got my cast off, I dont know but my tip looks a little too upturned. I told him I didn't want a piggish looking nose. I dont know if its the swelling but I'm a little afraid.

After the cast is off I feel, like I dont like the...

After the cast is off I feel, like I dont like the tip. I will give it time and see how it looks after a while, the girls are saying the tip will drop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But as of now I dont like looking in the mirror. I want to be honest at all times about how I feel, so that others going through the same can relate. I'm sure I'm just freaking out. Okay let the healing magic begin. lol
Your nose now fits your face perfectly! It is still swollen - looks EXACTLY like my daughters did. That swollen tip will shrink and fall so your nostrils will not be so noticeable head on. It took a good 9 months for my daughter. (She kept applying the surgical tape nightly for 3 months to keep the swelling at a minimum. It helped!) You will be over the moon in a few months - your doctor did a great job!
Thank you, I will be patient now. I just try not to look in the mirror. I will take a pic every week so I can see the change.
Remember your tip is still very swollen... I didn't have my tip slope altered (it was the only thing I liked about my nose). Depending on how I positioned my head, I could see my nostrils more than before (straight on). Give it some time. Things that were bothering me about my nose have resolved themselves. From your pics, you don't look piggish - when the swelling goes down, it will bring everything else down too.

Okay it day 11, I gave in, I said I was going to...

Okay it day 11, I gave in, I said I was going to be patient. I've been using arnica cream on my nose for the swelling. So I rested all day and decided to take a nap. Lo and behold I woke up and was going to add some more cream, looked in the mirror and thank the Lord the tip is beginning to come down. I am so happy. Its still fat and wide but its starting to normalize. I heal quite slowly so I am adding some scar zone cream to the stitch area. Its still kinda raw. Scar zone is great, and its inexpensive.
Looks great! Thanks so much for posting your review!!
I looove your results. You look fantastic!
I just noticed I've already replied to this.. just shows how much I like it.. I keep coming back :D I really can't wait to have this done. hehe.

19 days later alot of swelling has gone down, I'm...

19 days later alot of swelling has gone down, I'm still adjusting to my new nose. It seems so small now, I never knew my nose could be this small. Its amazing. Everything is looking better. Some of my family (the ones that dont know) haven't even noticed it. I guess because its gradually going down. I'm still adding the scar cream because of course I'm taking forever to heal, and the skin on my nose has been crazy. Its been peeling, so I just add an spf facial cream on it, and lightly removed peeling skin with a moistened q-tip. I dont know if its just me or it happens to everyone.
Do you have any more pictures you can upload? the last three don't work :(
Thanks for sharing these pics! I see your tip has come down nicely and I think your nose looks very natural and nice for your face. My surgery is the 12th and I'm glad to see not to worry about the tip right away.
The way your nose looks when the cast comes off to day 20 is a HUGE HUGE difference! Thank you so much for posting those as I am going through that right now. Got my cast off 2 days ago and my bridge looks so wide and goofy due to the swelling. It was making me a little depressed because it looks so box-y to me but seeing how much your nose transformed and defined makes me feel so much better. You look great!

Okay It seems that when I take a picture, either...

Okay It seems that when I take a picture, either the lighting or something doesnt really show the definition of my nose. From the front the camera makes it look bulbous but its not. I took some side and semi side pics to maybe show you the difference. My nose has gone down quite alot. I really like it. It's not piggish at all. The tip did go down and you cannot see head on into my nostrils anymore. My only problem now is that I was able to pick my nose with my fingers, but my new nose is so small I can only use qtips, I dare not use anything else. I know that sounds gross but its reality. Thats the transformation my nose took. I cant wait to see it at the year anniversary. I'm told it still will go down.
Absolutely perfect! You look so classy and so much younger with yourl cute little nose!
You are sooooooo cute!
I think it looks amazing! btw, I like the brunette hair better, still pretty :)
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

I think everything was perfect, always asked if I had any more questions. He always answered them all. He is very professional and has a warm demeanor.