Great Surgeon Who Genuinely Cares About His Patients - White Plains, NY

Hi everyone.. My name is Ron I've...

Hi everyone.. My name is Ron

I've received quite a few messages about my surgery experience with Dr.C so I wanted to post my review.

Though I'm short on time at the moment, I actually just got back from seeing Dr. C a couple hours ago from my post op visit. Long drive for me, about 3 1/2 - 4 hours each way.

My surgery was Feb 24, which puts me at aprox. 3 months post op currently. Today is June 1

So here's a short version of my experience and I'll expand on it as I get the time.

The surgery went great and Dr. C and his staff went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable the day of surgery. I've had experiences with two other surgeons many years ago and this was by far the best personal treatment I've received.

The day of surgery went by so quick and painless, all the anxiety I had about it was for nothing. There really was no pain from the Rhinoplasty, some minor discomfort but I can barely remember. I also had a chin implant and Fat injections to my cheeks which Dr. C did the injections for free, not many surgeons would be giving. I'm very thankful for that, and also for that he said would do a touch up for free also since only a small percent of the fat actual survives.

So back to the Rhino since after all this is a Rhinoplasty review. Well after the first week I went in and got the cast removed, and I was very impressed with what I saw, my nose looked great. Well defined but it didn't looked pinched, very natural looking, like nothing was done.

As you can tell I'm talking in past tense because after the first day of the cast being removed my nose started to swell which is very common. It looks improved but it takes months for the swelling to go down, especially in the tip, and since I have thick skin as Dr. C mentioned it will be up to a year before I see the great results I saw the day the cast was removed. My nose is still somewhat sensitive and I can feel slight throbbing at times.

Ok so that's all I have time for now, any questions please feel free to ask.

I'm going to post some pictures now but remember I still have swelling in the tip. I just got my digital camera so I'll post some before pictures once I find them.
I'll update with after pics as time marches on.

How was the recovery with the chin? Did it make it hard to breathe while recovering from rhinoplasty at the same time? Was the chin implant inserted from inside or an incision underneath?

You look great!!!!! :D
Hi thanks for the compliments..

The chin recovery had some pain for the first three days and made it hard to chew. I still feel some tightness which comes and goes. My smile looked a little odd for the first few weeks where only my top teeth would show. It was inserted underneath, but the scar is not visible. Most surgeons do it underneath to greatly reduce chances of infection, and the healing process is easier.
Ron!! You look AAAAMAZING! so happy you got the surgery! You look so great!! Everything looks so perfect!!

Please recognize that the $8000 total cost was for...

Please recognize that the $8000 total cost was for both Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant.

FYI I had a closed Rhinoplasty.

Hey Ron do you mind sending me your email address I have a few questions regarding your rhino and chin implant, I will be having the same surgery and wanted to know the recovery process. My main question is will I be able to go back to school after the 7th day without being all crazy bruised and swollen. Thanks :-)

Hi Ron,

I just wanted to thank you for your story, photos and candor. You're really giving good info and helping other RealSelf users on their own journeys. I hope you're feeling supported as well. It's folks like you that help our communities thrive!

Hey Ron, Any new pictures of your old nose? Love to see a profile picture

Well it is now officially a year Post-op and all...

Well it is now officially a year Post-op and all is well..
Just had a follow up with Dr.C and everything is great..
I can now say I am comfortable in my own skin even though I know I'm not perfect, I'm finally moving on with life..
Dr.C has been great with everything and has been readily available with any concerns I had..
No regrets ;-)

handsome congrats!

For anybody interested, one of our RealSelf doctors is hosting a live webinar tomorrow at 5:15 pm (PST)...specifically on Chin Implants as a result of the 71% increase in chin aug procedures this year. If interested, you can sign up here. Ron, you look amazing. Thanks for keeping your pictures up. I think they add a ton to the community and helping others with expectations!

hi ron!

thanks for this thorough post...quick question... did you get your nostrils reduced? i might have that done, not sure though... thanks!
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Dr. C is a caring surgeon who delivers results. He even took the time to call me himself to answer any concerns I had.