Feeling Confident - White Plains, NY

I went to Dr Mordcai Blau for a consultation...

I went to Dr Mordcai Blau for a consultation regarding chest reconstruction as I am transgender Female to Male. The procedure will involve removing breast tissue and also liposuction to fill in a 'pigeon chest' issue. This is usually done with a double incision under the breasts but Dr Blau is hoping to do it with smaller incisions and less scaring.

Incredible Results!

Before I begin may I say that having officially transitioned from Female to Male several years ago I held off from surgery for many reasons one being financial but the others based on the surgeries I had seen. A high percentage of them leave horrible scars. The surgeons basically cut across the entire chest in a line and you are left with that scar for life. This technique also looks very severe to someone like me who had never had surgery before. The recovery process is also very lengthy.
However after a consultation with Dr Blau I felt brave enough to go for it as he is known for doing surgery without leaving visible scars.
In pre op Dr Blau made no huge promises of outcome as my age (51) may be against me in terms of skin elasticity. So I went in there just hoping for the best.
The procedure went very smoothly and with only about 45 minutes total operating time. A lot of guys I know had surgeries lasting at least 2 hours and some even 4 hours.
My friend saw the results before I was bandaged up and she was amazed at the job he had done. No scars and perfectly flat.

Now a little over two months since surgery (surgery was on Nov 18 2013) and I still can't quite believe that I did it - and honestly if it hadn't been for Dr Blau's manner, his supportive staff and the added support of my friend I doubt if I would have had the courage. The healing process was very fast, the bandages off at week one and I was back in the gym in just over three weeks with no loss of strength.
My chest looks amazing and much better than I could have anticipated. Everyone who has seen it so far is amazed by the way it is healing and how good it looks!!! This surgery has totally changed my life!

In closing I have to say that the whole experience was made so easy for me by Dr Blau his office staff. Maryann is amazing when it comes to making people feel welcome and keeping tabs on them before and after surgery to make sure they are doing alright. Also his anesthesiologist deserves great credit for putting me totally at ease! I had no nerves on the day whatsoever.

I would highly recommend Dr Blau to anyone seeking a skilled cosmetic surgery
New York Plastic Surgeon

As his reputation in the field of gynocomastia is .second to none I felt very confident in my choice. Although my surgery is slightly more complex he left me feeling very positive about the expected outcome. I will update this after my surgery with details of my experience.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are doing now that it's been awhile since your surgery. Would you mind sharing any tips for others planning to have this procedure both pre and post op.
I am so happy for you :) your results look very natural. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, this will be so helpful for others thinking about this procedure.
Dr. Blau is a great doctor.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

How did your surgery go? I hope it all went well and you're having a smooth recovery! I have a friend who had the same surgery and he looks great, so I hope you also get awesome results!

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Hi My surgery was actually postponed due to the fact that I thought I had a urinary tract infection - turned out I did not but Dr Blau postponed surgery when it was first suspected for my safety. So now I am scheduled for Monday Nov 18 and will definitely update:)

Oh I'm sorry you had to wait, that must have been disappointing, especially if you had worked yourself up for surgery. At least it won't be long now though!

Good luck with everything, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and awaiting your updates! :-)

All the best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. I live about five minutes away from Dr. Blau's office and have gone to him for surgery a couple of times, so I know you are in excellent hands.