Rhinoplasty experience with Dr. Ciardullo - White Plains, NY

I am 22 years old and have always felt self...

I am 22 years old and have always felt self consious of my nose. Its long and drops down.
After years of contemplating I finally decided to do something about it. I had my free consultation with Dr. Ciardullo last week and he was great. He was very honest and knew exactly what i wanted. I decided to book my rhinoplasty with him on September 9th!! Im excited and extremely nervous.

Can't believe I'm actually doing this!!

I'm almost in disbelief.. Am I actually gonna through with this? I started taking my vitamin c and I'm so excited to have my pre op visit next week. A few things I'm worried about is having to take the time off from work. Also needles! Ehhh I hate needles. I need to get a blood test taken weeks prior. Hopefully this will be worth it!

Almost 1 week away

I'm so nervous and excited for surgery. The day is coming closer and I'm prepared with my medicine. Here is a pre op picture

So soon...

Thank you all so much :) . I told my doctor I'm happy with the front view it's just the side profile that really has always bothered me. I trust his work after reading all his great reviews and seeing results of women with similar noses. Beauty of course is from within and I never thought I would change what was given to me. But I feel like my nose has always held me back from smiling and talking to people. I believe that If something really bothers you, change it.

Day 1- day of surgery

I had my surgery today at 8a.m. I can't believe how incredibly easy that was. The anesthesiologist was so kind and the nurse made me feel so comfortable and in good hands. One minute we were speaking about my job the next minute I was waking up in recovery. I have been sleeping and icing my face I'm hoping the swelling and bruising isn't extreme. The only bummer is I can't lay down flat I need to keep my head elevated while I sleep. Also I need to keep the cast off for 10 days!!! Breathing from my mouth isn't too bad... I have the expected dry mouth. I'm drinking tea and eating healthy soup.

Typo

(Typo) I meant to say cast on *** for the next 10 days **

Update 7 days post-op

I have been extremely lucky. I didn't bruise badly. Just a little bit of yellow color underneath my eyes. Maybe it was the vitamin C? The worst part about this entire healing process would have to be staying home for so long and my terrible sore throat. Eating food is a challenge and I have dry crusty blood in my nostrils that I just want to rip out. I did leave the house for a short walk today. I am already so happy with my profile. I am going to upload 1 more before picture so you can see how much has changed.
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

You look great! Can't wait to see the final results. I live close to white plains and have been looking into doctors to get a rhinoplasty myself! I will have to look into him now :)
You are lucky not to have bruised! How much Vitamin C did you take? Did you take anything else like Arnica or Bromelain?
No I did not take arnica. I just started to take vitamin c 1 month prior sparingly then at 2 weeks prior to surgery I would take 500mg with every meal.
I heard Dr. C is great all the way in Atlanta Ga through word of mouth talking w others about rhinoplasty surgeons. Sounds like you were in good hands! Hope the recovery goes great and looking fwd to seeing the after pics.
Good luck with recovery, thanks for sharing =)
thanks!
Congratulations on having your surgery!!
thank you!
Good luck next week. Soon it will be over.
Good luck! I hope that you get the results you want so you can feel happy in yourself
Your are very pretty but if you don't feel good about your appearance then it doesn't matter how many people tell you that your are pretty you will never feel pretty or believe them. So do alot of research and go for it and make your dream come true.
You already are beautiful. You don't need it at all. It's all within. You will gain things you like but won't have as nice of front view. Do research and see how front views aren't shown that often
You are so pretty already I hope you have researched thoroughly and compared doctors based on results on female patients with similar nose like you on the before pictures. Since you are already so pretty you have to be extra careful when choosing a surgeon, since you are a stunner already and an incompetent surgeon canĀ“t guarantee that your after nose will suit you. I just wanted to share some tip, but you seem like you have given it a good thought regarding rhinoplasty! Good luck with everything and I hope you get the result you want!
I love ypur hair. Best of luck!
You are so pretty - good luck to you! I am also considering Dr. Ciardullo for my rhinoplasty. Would you please describe how you and he agreed on the desired result? I heard that he doesn't do imaging, did you look at pictures together and say "I want her nose," did he draw how he would do your nose? How long was your consultation?
Hello, thank you so much! My consultation lasted about an hour. He does not do imaging but that's okay he showed me some of his previous patients with similar noses. He also showed me his operating room. He was so on point with exactly what I wanted to change about my nose I feel like he was extremely genuine and I will be in good hands.
you realy look prettty even with such nose ... i have th same as u hv :( n i feel so down with it
I'm so glad you started your story here on RealSelf! Here's a quick list of tips for before and after rhinoplasty. Keep us posted!
Wow your nose is almost identical to mine! Looking forward to seeing your journey on here :)