A Real Gone Girl! Tummy, That Is.... - Wexford, PA

My journey hasn't yet begun, except the planning...

My journey hasn't yet begun, except the planning process. I'm scheduled August 19, 2014 and I'm nervous and excited both. I haven't been in the shape I want to be in since I was 23. That's too long! I'm praying for fantastic results, yet realistic too. I'm 5'8" and at 180, I weigh more than want to.

It's The Final Countdown!

The nurse at my doctor's office just called to make sure I was feeling confident and to see if I had any questions. That is a relief that they care and take the time to do that.

I'm ready!

Tomorrow is the day!!

The hospital just called with my pre op questions and to register me. I must admit it was a little freaky when they asked if I had a living will or any preparations for that. I'm generally not a huge worrier, but I will be glad when this is all over and done with and I'm on the road to recovery.

Tomorrow at 11:30!!

On the road again!

On our way to the hospital. Slightly nervous, but ready for it to be done with. Ugh!!

I made it!

On the flat side. And the tightness side. And the pain side. And the Percocet side.

Wow! Feels like a did a million crunches. But I made it!

Will update more tomorrow

Home from the hospital

I feel 100 times better now than this morning. I'm in my recliner and my husband is waiting on me hand and foot. Now I'm glad I did it. I'm horribly hunched over, but my tummy is so flat!! Yah!

2nd Day Post Op

I feel so much better today than I have. Standing a little straighter and only have some burning where my drains come out. I was able to shower, and wow! I'm flat! Can't wait to feel 100%.

Feeling ok

It's one week and I've had ups and downs, but generally I feel like I'm on the mend. Maybe just a bit slower than some, but I'm ok.

Side by side pic

Oops. Side by side

One month and one day

I'm feeling pretty good finally. My energy levels are back to normal except by the end of day I'm pooped. But that might be normal too. Lol. I'm still tight, but I can tell the difference all the time. Before it pained me to stand up straight and I could feel where my PS repaired my muscles. Now I don't notice it. Sleeping well, just not on my stomach. I should step down in 2 weeks from wearing my compression garment 24/7 to 12/12. I've gotten so used to it tho that I may wear t anyway. It makes me feel secure.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

So far so good. I've only had a consult with my doctor and a meeting with the nurse. From these interactions though, I am impressed. My doctor is young and confident, and seems to believe everything will go smoothly. I'm nervous yet excited to start the process.