A Real Gone Girl! Tummy, That Is.... - Wexford, PA

My journey hasn't yet begun, except the planning...

My journey hasn't yet begun, except the planning process. I'm scheduled August 19, 2014 and I'm nervous and excited both. I haven't been in the shape I want to be in since I was 23. That's too long! I'm praying for fantastic results, yet realistic too. I'm 5'8" and at 180, I weigh more than want to.

It's The Final Countdown!

The nurse at my doctor's office just called to make sure I was feeling confident and to see if I had any questions. That is a relief that they care and take the time to do that.

I'm ready!

Tomorrow is the day!!

The hospital just called with my pre op questions and to register me. I must admit it was a little freaky when they asked if I had a living will or any preparations for that. I'm generally not a huge worrier, but I will be glad when this is all over and done with and I'm on the road to recovery.

Tomorrow at 11:30!!

On the road again!

On our way to the hospital. Slightly nervous, but ready for it to be done with. Ugh!!

I made it!

On the flat side. And the tightness side. And the pain side. And the Percocet side.

Wow! Feels like a did a million crunches. But I made it!

Will update more tomorrow

Home from the hospital

I feel 100 times better now than this morning. I'm in my recliner and my husband is waiting on me hand and foot. Now I'm glad I did it. I'm horribly hunched over, but my tummy is so flat!! Yah!

2nd Day Post Op

I feel so much better today than I have. Standing a little straighter and only have some burning where my drains come out. I was able to shower, and wow! I'm flat! Can't wait to feel 100%.

Feeling ok

It's one week and I've had ups and downs, but generally I feel like I'm on the mend. Maybe just a bit slower than some, but I'm ok.

Side by side pic

Oops. Side by side

One month and one day

I'm feeling pretty good finally. My energy levels are back to normal except by the end of day I'm pooped. But that might be normal too. Lol. I'm still tight, but I can tell the difference all the time. Before it pained me to stand up straight and I could feel where my PS repaired my muscles. Now I don't notice it. Sleeping well, just not on my stomach. I should step down in 2 weeks from wearing my compression garment 24/7 to 12/12. I've gotten so used to it tho that I may wear t anyway. It makes me feel secure.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

So far so good. I've only had a consult with my doctor and a meeting with the nurse. From these interactions though, I am impressed. My doctor is young and confident, and seems to believe everything will go smoothly. I'm nervous yet excited to start the process.

You look great! I agree about feeling secure in garments. I've tried to go to work a few times without mines and I end up feeling awful.
You look amazing!!
Thanks!
You look great!
Thank you! Feeling pretty good too.
I think your before body looks similar to mine on the side view. Did you have a standard incision? My surgeon has recommended an extended on for my flank area to avoid puffy or lumpy sides. You look great though. If you just had a standard, maybe I should just do that. I just called and agreed to the extended scar though.....
Mine goes from hip bone to hip bone but it's very low. It skims my pubic area and then extends upwards towards my hipbone like a smile. From what I see at this point, she did a great job and it already looks like a very normal shape. I am slightly swollen more on one side, but nothing I'm gonna sweat until I'm a few more months into recovery. My last drain came out today so that may change some things. If you want to give me your email, I can send some more pics at different angles.
Awesome photos! I can't wait to have my surgery! How is your scar looking?
My surgery tape just fell off in the shower today and it looks like I expected. Kind of ripply and purple, but it doesn't look scary or terrible.
How are you feeling? I hope well! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow - maybe drains will come out?! Keep up updated :)
I am feeling really good. Just tight and the stitches on my drain are pulling. I'm almost standing straight, so my back isn't aching anymore. No pain meds other than Tylenol since yesterday. I've turned the corner, I hope. Thanks for asking. Crossing my fingers my drains come out tomorrow. They aren't producing much at all. Is that normal after 5/6 days?
Hello ladies has anyone had a problem with itching. On Friday I started itching really bad on my stomach and back. I hate to take benadryl because the after effect of it is horrible. But I had to break down and take it. It was so bad I couldn't even sleep.
My drain is not producing much either and I'm 6days PO today, I'm sure it will be taken out tomorrow, hoping!!! Good luck
Hopefully they will take the drains out. Those drains are a pain.
I haven't had itching on my stomach and back yet. I think that's a sign of healing tho. I have had some itchiness from the pain meds on my face and that drive me insane. I got one drain out today and it hurt like hell. I don't think I was stripping them good enough and it was swelled up inside of me more than normal. I am stripping this one like it's never been stripped before. Other than that I feel pretty good. Can't wait to sleep on my side but it's still very tender. She said the hole should close within 12 hours. I need a nap. That trip kicked my butt!
Sometimes pain medicine will make me itchy all over :(
Yay, I'm hopeful I will be feeling ok by Christmas then!! :)
Shower, lucky you:) I think I would feel like a million bucks if I could shower, lol. I have to sponge bath til my drain comes out Tuesday, ughhhhh. You look amazing, so flat
I called the doctor and they basically told me after 48 hours, so I did. My garment was so gross and my hair looked like my teenaged boys' hair- greaseball. What day was your surgery again, capergirl? Same as mine?
Yes, now I remember. Same day as me. These pain meds make me sleepy and forgetful. I wonder if I'll get my drains out when I go Monday? I would feel 100 times better I think. They're the only things that are uncomfortable at this point.
Mine was the same day:) I still can't believe I had it done, it almost doesn't seem real. My muscle tightness is what is causing my most discomfort at this point, not pain just a weird feeling. I am not wearing a binder but I think I might feel better if I was. I may stop my pain meds tomorrow if I still feel like I do now. Thx for the updates
You look great so far look forward too your updates :)
Thanks. I am feeling pretty terrible right now. I felt better this morning and now the pain is back. Just wish I could fast forward a couple weeks. Percocet doesn't seem to much for me.
Oh that's not good at all hope you recover quickly!! Yeah Iam not looking forward too the pain :-/
:( You had your surgery on the 19th right?