I Just Had my Lip Implants Done Today!! LOVE!! - Wexford, PA

I had been watching and reading these forums for...

I had been watching and reading these forums for some time as I researched getting the Permalip and what size I wanted...I went with the medium size as I didn't know if the larger size was just a bit to big for my face...I figure I can always go up if I want in the future...so, I did get put to sleep and so very glad I did that...I had watched all of the youtube video's of the dental blocks and NO THANKS!! LOL

I am so far in a bit of pain (a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10 with no vicodin, but a 2 out 10 with it every 4 hours)...I can still feel my lips THANK GOODNESS and I am black and blue on top of my upper lip and a few red blotches on my actual lips...not that bad though...happy so far with the shape even though I am very swollen!! I have posted a few pics, some before surgery with some left over fillers and then some today after surgery...

I can say that without a doubt, I LOVE IT so far and I am hoping for a full recovery soon!

After 1 day!!

No more pain pills, but bruised....still happy and no regrets!

Another one tonight...after 48 hours...looking better!!

Still a bit swollen, but very happy!

Day 3-Still bruised and swollen

Well, I am still happy, but still bruised and swollen on day 3 after surgery. If I can make some recommendations, here they are:

1) Ask to get put out for this surgery, you will have no pain from dental block shots

2) Be sure to get the best doc in your area, if they are put in wrong, it will look terrible

3) Expect a good week of recovery from bruising to swelling

4) Ice every hour for 10 to 20 minutes the first few days

5) Get Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage makeup at Sephora or online to cover bruising-IT WORKS!

6) Be prepared to not talk a lot, your mouth is stiff (lips for sure) and you won't be able to smile due to stiffness

7) Get some great lip moisturizer, your doc will give you some samples with antibiotics

8) Make sure to rest and get good sleep and DRINK lot's of fluids for swelling to decrease

Day 5 Review

Ok, so I made it to day 5...:)

Major difference in swelling and bruising this morning...It seems to be more swollen in the mornings (probably as I sleep on my side and the blood rushes to them??)...anyway, I am sooo happy with my LIPS!! Still no regrets...can't wait to see what they look like at 1 month out...so, for those of you wanting to do this and are scared, I don't blame you, but do your research and then if you hate them you can remove them easily in the doctors office with a local shot and they pull them out, so you do have an out...that's what I kept saying to myself...BUT day 5 and healing!

Sorry but my lips are really chapped!!

My pictures are a bit horrid, sorry, my lips are so chapped, I had to get get more lips moisturizer and nothing seems to help the peeling...oh well....

1 week post op!! So much better!

So I am one week post op...my stitches were coming out so I ended up taking a tweezer (washed with soap) and pulling them out...it was that or have long white curly stitches coming out of the corners of my mouth...office could not get me in until tomorrow (which was my post operation follow up anyway)...SO...I LOVE MY LIPS!! They are tender, bruising is going down and so is the swelling!!

I am hoping by 1 month that I am less tender in the corners of the mouth and the bottom lip...I am still a bit stiff, so I do some stretching and pursing of my lips to have them move around a bit more...

If you are thinking of doing this, just know, that the corners of your mouth heal up like cuts that are tender and swollen, but you get over it once you see the great results!!

Full Recovery after 2 weeks!!

Doing an update at 2 weeks!!

I love love love my lips!! I can say this was the best decision to do this...no more fillers!! Here I am 2 weeks out!!

3 weeks out!!

Loving the lips!!

Pic at 3 weeks out!

7 months post op!! Still Loving Lips!

Here are my lips with the 5 MM at 7 months!! Love them as they look very natural, I may have gone bigger, but I am still happy...
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I am very impressed with he and his staff...all so very friendly, spends time with you for as as you need it, never in a rush and a very very nice physician!! Felt I was in great hands from start to finish! HIGHLY recommended!!