I had been watching and reading these forums for...
I am so far in a bit of pain (a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10 with no vicodin, but a 2 out 10 with it every 4 hours)...I can still feel my lips THANK GOODNESS and I am black and blue on top of my upper lip and a few red blotches on my actual lips...not that bad though...happy so far with the shape even though I am very swollen!! I have posted a few pics, some before surgery with some left over fillers and then some today after surgery...
I can say that without a doubt, I LOVE IT so far and I am hoping for a full recovery soon!
Day 3-Still bruised and swollen
1) Ask to get put out for this surgery, you will have no pain from dental block shots
2) Be sure to get the best doc in your area, if they are put in wrong, it will look terrible
3) Expect a good week of recovery from bruising to swelling
4) Ice every hour for 10 to 20 minutes the first few days
5) Get Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage makeup at Sephora or online to cover bruising-IT WORKS!
6) Be prepared to not talk a lot, your mouth is stiff (lips for sure) and you won't be able to smile due to stiffness
7) Get some great lip moisturizer, your doc will give you some samples with antibiotics
8) Make sure to rest and get good sleep and DRINK lot's of fluids for swelling to decrease
Day 5 Review
Major difference in swelling and bruising this morning...It seems to be more swollen in the mornings (probably as I sleep on my side and the blood rushes to them??)...anyway, I am sooo happy with my LIPS!! Still no regrets...can't wait to see what they look like at 1 month out...so, for those of you wanting to do this and are scared, I don't blame you, but do your research and then if you hate them you can remove them easily in the doctors office with a local shot and they pull them out, so you do have an out...that's what I kept saying to myself...BUT day 5 and healing!
Sorry but my lips are really chapped!!
1 week post op!! So much better!
I am hoping by 1 month that I am less tender in the corners of the mouth and the bottom lip...I am still a bit stiff, so I do some stretching and pursing of my lips to have them move around a bit more...
If you are thinking of doing this, just know, that the corners of your mouth heal up like cuts that are tender and swollen, but you get over it once you see the great results!!
Full Recovery after 2 weeks!!
I love love love my lips!! I can say this was the best decision to do this...no more fillers!! Here I am 2 weeks out!!
3 weeks out!!
I am very impressed with he and his staff...all so very friendly, spends time with you for as as you need it, never in a rush and a very very nice physician!! Felt I was in great hands from start to finish! HIGHLY recommended!!