My Mommy Makeover Journey - Weston, FL

Funny enough, I am not scared. My husband is more...

Funny enough, I am not scared. My husband is more terrified about this than I am. I am excited for the procedure because I feel that after it is all said and done that I will be happier with my body than I am now. I respect my body because it carried four children and nourished and fed them. However, the end result is that I still look five months pregnant and the twins/girls are hanging much too low, LOL!

Less than 12 hours away

Ok, so I am less than 12 hours away from surgery. I cooked and froze six days worth of meals for my husband and the kids. Not that I am afraid that he wont be able to feed them, but his specialty is spaghetti and meatballs and I think that after a few days of eating the same thing that the kids will start a mutiny! I am finally starting to feel some nerves. I guess my fear is that the Breast Reduction will be too small. I know that sounds dumb, but when you have been accustomed to carrying around a 36G/H, I just don't want to end up with a 36B or C and be disappointed. I think that I am going to tell him that I want a small D or a really really really full C. REALLY! LOL. Also my tummy tuck is causing me anxiety. He has already told me that my C-section scar is so low that he might not be able to bring the tummy tuck cut that low. He mentioned something about a vertical scar also. Not sure that I understood what that meant.... I just know that I don't want a scar that is too high that I cant hide in my Victoria Secret string bikinis.
Hopefully all this obsessing right before surgery is completely normal. :)

I made it.

Well, I am home from the hospital. I spent one night and it was rough. My heart rate kept dropping very low because of the morphine pain pump, so that stupid beeping machine kept me up all night. Glad to be home I must say. I have four drains, one in each breast and one in each hip. Hopefully I will get the breast ones out on Friday. I am in a lot of pain, but still getting used to the idea that my boobies got reduced. My belly is swollen and I can't wear a compression garment until the drains come out. I have pics, but it will be a few days before I can put them up.

Ok, I am 3 days P.O.

Well, I am still sleeping a lot but I find that I am walking a lot stronger now when I do get up. I had my first bowel movement this morning and it made me feel so much better, LOL. Who knew?!!! I am still hunched over but making a real effort to straighten up as much as possible when I get up and walk. But it is definitely easier said than done. I am also going a lot longer between pain pills so that is also good. My husband is going to attempt to give me my first sponge shower today. Hopefully it will go well, wish me luck.

Another day down.

Well I had my first shower yesterday, if you can call it that, LOL! I got in the shower and my husband soaped up the important bits and used the hand held attachment to wash off. I have to say it still felt amazing!!! I was still freaking out and threatening him to not let the water get on my drain sites, stitches and belly button. I know, I know, but what can I tell ya, fear is fear.

Finally Pics!

Tummy Tuck Scar

It doesn't look as low as I had hoped but this is what I have now...????

Two Down, two to go.

So I went for my appt yesterday and was so pleased when he took out the two breast drains. He wants me to keep the two hip drains at least another 5 days. Maybe I will get lucky and they will come out next Wednesday.

He is also concerned about that right hip drain that I have been complaining about. He doesn't want it to turn into colitis. Wants me on antibiotics as a preventative. Eeeekk, can you say vaginal yeast infection? I am prone to them if I have to take any antibiotics. What's a girl to do????

9 days Post-Op

Just got back from Dr Office and they removed one of the two belly drains. I had been hoping to get rid of them both, but alas, it was not to be. That was such a creepy feeling when they pulled it out. The only painful part was the stitch removal. Otherwise, the tube was just plain weird when it was pulled out. I go back on Friday and they have assured me that the last one will come out. I can't wait because taking care of the drains is such a pain.

Otherwise, I feel good. I haven't gotten the dreaded depression spell that so many of my fellow ladies seem to experience. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pain management is also good. I only take meds at night now. I am still walking hunched over especially at night. My skin is super itchy and stretched now. I hope all this stretching on my skin won't screw up my wound healing .

Whoot Whoot!

No more drains! Got my last drain removed yesterday and I feel so much better. I felt so crazy with those things hanging out of my body. I know that they served their purpose but it is such a psychological boost to finally get rid of them.
I am now in one of those super sexy hospital issued abdominal binders. Can you say ITCHY!!!!

Hmmmm, what do you think?

Well it has been a little over two weeks and my healing is slowly coming along. Like everyone else by the end if the day I am a swollen mess and can't wait to get into bed.

I took some pics today and I noticed something. I think that I ordered the wrong shape... All of you lovely ladies on here seem to have ordered the hourglass shape but I somehow must have told my Dr that I wanted the box shape!!!! WTH! Everyone else has these beautiful curves days after surgery and I have this square box in my midsection. How disappointing.

I love my new boobies and I even like the flatness of my stomach from the front and side but this box is not what I was expecting. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Wow, it's been five weeks.

Wow, I can't believe it has been five weeks already. I am still on the mend, but every day I feel so much better. I went for my appoint last Friday and spoke to my Dr about my concerns with the boxy look and he agreed that a little bit of lipo sculpting would help. Of course the downside is that it will have to wait until at least six months because he doesn't do any revisions until then. He wants to wait until the swelling comes down so he can see the final results before going in and fixing anything.

Of course I am completely in LOVE with my boobies! LOL!!! They are so perky and just the right size for my frame. I understand now when my Dr said that a BR surgery has one of the highest satisfaction ratings. Yes my breast still are sore and tender and I get a lot of shooting random pain and let's not even talk about the itchin, OMG, but I am still happy!
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Cleveland Clinic

I think the boxyness has to do with swelling. I feel that way also.
Thanks Honeydoo. I hope so, but I am not that convinced. My Dr never even offered to do any Lipo on me or my flanks so I know I have fat pockets there. I just was wondering if anyone else had the boxy look and then kinda evened out later after the swelling without needing any Lipo?
Hi solesister, well I started off with a very saggy b. And I did get the anchor scar to remove all of the extra skin. I don't actually know how much was taken. At my next post op ill ask how much over all skin was removed with tummy as well. I know since I went to a 400cc it filled me out a lot and I feel like they probably didn't have to take a whole lot. I'm looking forward to them dropping and softening up. Once swelling is down I should be a full c (fingers crossed) congrats to u and ur journey :)
Your breasts look really good :-) Do you have an anchor scar underneath? also, do you know how much was removed. I "think" mine are about your size and I would like to end up around the same size as you.
I feel like total dork and thought u were talking to me lmao! Wow, I need to get better w this site I'm always commenting on wrong forms etc. Lol sorry guys haha
Your look great too, I'm just reducing not increasing so I know your perky results aren't realistic for me :-)
That's flattering to say to me...haha after my nerdyself came out..but if I could have lifted w no implant I totally would have! But unfortunatley I had no breast tissue anymore from losing the 100lbs :( but thx again, my sisnis getting lifted w no implant next year and I show her majik2 pics to inspire her soon to be new body :)
Hi solesister. They took out 585cc on one breast and 651cc on the other. I was a 36 F/G sometimes an H. My Dr did the anchor scar but you really can't see the line under the breast, only the lollipop. I told my Dr I wanted a small D, full C. Is that the size you want?
LOL! I didn't even see that. OMG, maybe it's all those delicious meds we are on, ROFL!
Yes I want to be a C but I'm starting at a DD. My doc is projecting to remove @ 300 and I'm hoping its enough. Gonna show your pics to him as a wish :-)
I wish that were the case, but I got off the meds like 3days after surgery cuz I was having nightmares...so nope its just me being thegeekygalcalled oz ;)
Ur story will be great for me to share w mysis she is getting her mommy makeover next year and breast reduction w a lift. U look so good. Soon that drain will b out and u will feel wonderful/liberated
Feel free to share . Even though we are all different I think that most surgeries will look pretty much the same give or take.
I agree :)
You look great!! You even have cleavage still! Awesome!
Thank you! You are right, cleavage is AWESOME!!!
Looks great! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you. It does need a bit of courage to post naked pics of yourself on the Internet for all to see, LOL.
You look hot! I kove ur breasts they turned out great. My tummyy is super swollen too. I can walk better today, but it's not been easy that is for sure!
You are so sweet. I have to say I love my boobies too! I knew they were nice when I saw my husbands reaction the first time the Doctor took the bandages down after surgery. He had this OMG, those are nice look on his face. But you can really tell the transformation from the pre-surgery markings to the post-op results. I am happy we got that picture.
I know how u feel. When the warm water went down my back I was in heaven. I want to take another one already, but its so much work haha. I will probably do it tonight. My dr told me to clean all the insisions with antinbacterial soap. But I think all our ps' s must have us do whatever they see best. Post some pics sweetheart, I want to see ur new bod!!!
Ok I posted some pics just cuz you asked! LOL, i should have done it days ago but better late than never. I can see such a huge difference in the boobies. The belly is still so swollen that it really doesn't show up well.
My three days is today and I've been sleeping a ton...I'm thinking by the end off the week we will be great!
I think one week will also be a good thing too. From what I have read, the two week mark is much better.
I can't wait...it will be nice to have a little more energy. I get up about every hr or so to walk around the house, and u would swear I just ran a marathon. I'm hunched over still and my lower back kills me. My ps said he wants me hunched over till I see him next week, so whatever he says, goes.